The Missing Links in the Fossil Record

Greg Jennings

Seeing as you asked for more, here is another mistake God admitted He made, choosing Saul to be king.

1Sa 15:35
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

Whenever God repents, it's a clue He feels He has made a mistake with His original decision.

I'm thinking more along these lines:

Why are modern mammals, such as cows/horses/humans/dogs/cats/deer/bears/pigs/camels/kangaroos and so on, NEVER found in the same rock strata as dinosaurs?

iouae

I'm thinking more along these lines:

Why are modern mammals, such as cows/horses/humans/dogs/cats/deer/bears/pigs/camels/kangaroos and so on, NEVER found in the same rock strata as dinosaurs?

Because they lived 65 million years apart.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Stipe denounces Barbarian's faith in Jesus)

Barbarian observes:
Jesus said the world would hate us for following Him. And it does.

Stipe tries to justify his anger:
The world loves Darwinism.

It loves electricity, too. For the same reason. But that has nothing to do with Christian belief. There are even Christians who don't accept evolution.

Your difficulty is not that you're a creationist. One can be a creationist and still be a perfectly good Christian. Your difficulty is that you've made an idol of the modern doctrine of YE creationism.

It's in all the books.

YE creationism is in a lot of books. But there's one in which you won't find it:
bible6.jpg

Your god is entirely of your own invention when it comes to origins.

iouae

Nope. Not Biblical. As you see, the Bible says God is omniscient.

Nope. Just a made-up doctrine that is unsupported by anything in Scripture.

Did a concordance search. No, God never calls Himself omniscient.

Checked pre-flood and post-flood longevity. Turns out they did live shorter after the flood.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm thinking more along these lines: Why are modern mammals ... NEVER found in the same rock strata as dinosaurs?
First, your challenge is question begging. You should remove "modern" from it, because it is our conjecture that dinosaurs are "modern."

When you remove "modern" from the question, the response is: They are. :up:

Nope. I was very specific in what I denounced. Try responding honestly. :up:

It loves electricity, too.
Ah, the old bait-and-switch. We are discussing the theory of evolution, not an established, physical reality.

People love the theory of evolution. That they love food as well does nothing to remove the fact that it is your theory the world desperately wants to be true regardless of the evidence.

You're just irate because your choice of scripture reference works against you.

For the same reason.
Nope. It makes sense to love a physical reality. It does not make sense to love a scientific theory. In fact, scientists should be working to overthrow every theory. That you love evolution shows that you are not scientifically minded.

But that has nothing to do with Christian belief. There are even Christians who don't accept evolution.
:AMR:

Off your meds?

Your difficulty is not that you're a creationist.
:darwinsm:

One can be a Darwinist and still be a perfectly good Christian. Your difficulty is that you've made an idol of the doctrine.

YE creationism is in a lot of books. But there's one in which you won't find it:
bible6.jpg
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.

Sorry, your god is entirely your own invention when it comes to the origin of the universe.

Greg Jennings

First, your challenge is question begging. You should remove "modern" from it, because it is our conjecture that dinosaurs are "modern."

When you remove "modern" from the question, the response is: They are. :up:
That's a lie, or you are ignorant.

Show me where mammal species alive today have been found alongside dinosaurs in the fossil record.

You won't because you can't and you're a dishonest troll

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Yep. Your hostility to Christians who don't buy you new doctrines is well-documented.

I was very specific in what I denounced.

I believe Jesus is fully God. You insist that my belief is "your own invention." Try responding honestly.

Stipe notes that people like evolution:

Barbarian notes:
It loves electricity, too.

We are discussing the theory of evolution, not an established, physical reality.

It's directly observed to happen. Can't get more real than that. Would you like me to show you again, Stipe?

Some people love the new doctrine of YE creationism. That they love food as well does nothing to remove the fact that it is your belief you desperately want to be true regardless of the evidence.

You're just desperate because your choice of scripture reference works against you. It's why you abandoned reason, and are merely venting now.

It does not make sense to love a scientific theory.

The problem for you is that you love your man-made replacement for scripture.

In fact, scientists should be working to overthrow every theory.

And they are. As you know, Darwin's theory has been revised numerous times as new evidence has indicated.

That you love your new doctrine of YE creationism shows that you are able to think rationally about the issue.

Barbarian observes:
But that has nothing to do with Christian belief. There are even Christians who don't accept evolution.

Off your meds?

Valsartan once a day. But mine don't affect my behavior. Is that what's eating you, Stipe?

One can be a Darwinist and still be a perfectly good Christian.

Most of us are.

Barbarian chuckles:

bible6.jpg

Stipe writes:
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.

Good that you'll admit at least that. But you still don't approve of the way He did it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Checked pre-flood and post-flood longevity. Turns out they did live shorter after the flood.

If God allowed certain people to live much longer than usual,that doesn't mean He gave that to everyone. He certainly does not say that He did.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stipe denounces Barbarian's faith in Jesus.
Nope. Try honesty next time. :up:

Yep. Your hostility to Christians who don't buy you new doctrines is well-documented.
Nope. Evidence. That's what we like to discuss. I don't care what you believe as long as you can discuss it rationally. All you do is regurgitate.

I believe Jesus is fully God.
That's great.

It has played no part in this conversation thus far and seems only to be included now so you can play bait-and-switch.

You insist that my belief is "your own invention."
When it comes to origins. As we say, your confession of Christ as Lord has played no part in this conversation. Try responding honestly. :up:

It's directly observed to happen. Can't get more real than that.
All life descending by means of random mutation and natural selection from a universal common ancestor? Sure, I would like you to show me that. :chuckle:

Of course, you won't show me evolution; you'll show me adaptation, mutation or selection and play question-begging, demanding that we just accept your assumptions as fact.

You desperately want evolution to be true regardless of the evidence. You're desperate because your choice of scripture reference works against you. It's why you abandoned reason and are venting. We know you're upset, because you just keep pasting the same nonsense. The problem for you is that you love your manmade replacement for scripture.

And they are.
:darwinsm:

And you've been caught again, Blablabarian. Please show us the people trying to overthrow electricity.

And don't try and switch things up by insisting that you were talking about a theory of electricity. That's not what people love. Remember? You tried to conflate the theory of evolution with electricity, saying that people love both when your attempt to misuse scripture failed. Remember? You thought I hated you for following Darwin. However, the world loves evolution. It's in all the books. Your backpedaling led you to conflate people's "love" for electricity as if it were the same category of thing as evolution. It's not. Electricity is a physical reality. Darwinism is just a theory. Physical realities do not get overthrown by scientists, not good ones, anyway. Scientists should not be working to overthrow electricity as they should be doing with the theory of evolution.

That you love your Darwinist doctrine shows that you are not able to think rationally about the issue.

Most of us are.
I'll be the judge of that.

You ... don't approve of the way He did it.
He spoke.

6days

The Barbarian said:
Some people love the new doctrine of YE creationism.
The 'new doctrine' is about 6,000 years old, defended by Moses, Jesus, Paul and the majority of the early church fathers.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
That you love your Darwinist doctrine shows that you are not able to think rationally about the issue.

You get angry and lose the ability to think rationally, when your assumptions are challenged.

Let God be God and do it His way.

And then you won't feel compelled to get verbally abusive whenever someone doesn't agree with you.

God bless you and keep you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Some people love the new doctrine of YE creationism.

The 'new doctrine' is about 6,000 years old,

Nope. It was invented by the Seventh-Day Adventists in the first half of the 20th century.

Prior to the Adventist visions by their "Prophetess", almost all creationists were Old Earth creationists. It was the form of creationism presented at the Scopes trial, in which creationists admitted that the Earth could be many millions of years old.

It was the form of creationism found in fundamentalist groups in Europe and America. The great Baptist minister Spurgeon wrote in

"But if you will look in the first chapter of Genesis, you will see there more particularly set forth that peculiar operation of power upon the universe which was put forth by the Holy Spirit; you will then discover what was his special work. In Ge 1:2, we read, “And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” We do not know how remote the period of the creation of this globe may be—certainly many millions of years before the time of Adam. Our planet has passed through various stages of existence, and different kinds of creatures have lived on its surface, all of which have been fashioned by God.

http://www.oldearth.org/spurgeon/spurgeon.htm

defended by Moses, Jesus, Paul and the majority of the early church fathers.

Not one of them preached YE creationism. Jesus preached the Bible, which explicitly rejects the "life ex nihilo" claims of your modern revision. And as you know, St. Augustine, when he showed the creation account to be a parable, was not once challenged by any other Christian theologian.