The Missing Links in the Fossil Record

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The above two verses show that God is neither omniscient, nor omnipresent.

God disagrees with you:

Psalms 147:4-5 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

Job 37:16 Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge?

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

6days

The Barbarian said:
Perhaps you don't know what the word means. "Evolutionism" is ....

Evolutionism one or more of a combination of pseudoscientific belief systems.....

Stellar evolution.... can be the belief that nothing caused everything.

Chemical evolution can be the belief that life came from non-life.

Biological evolution can be the belief that 'monkey's evolved into humans.

The Barbarian said:
That is why the analogy of genetic algorithms works.
Algorithms work on a computer when intelligent designers create programs and specify results. Your analogy comparing that to your belief in evolutionism is a dishonest comparison.

The Barbarian said:
Engineers copy evolution for one reason; it works.
No... you are dishonest Barbarian. Engineers don't copy a process that leads to increasing genetic problems and eventual extinction. They create programs that specify a certain result.

The Barbarian said:
It (DNA) was evolved, after all, not designed.

"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them" Ex. 20:11

iouae

God disagrees with you:

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1Jo 2:20

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Because "ye know all things" I can see why you can speak for God.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
God says he's omniscient:
Psalms 147:4-5 He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

Job 37:16 Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge?

Because "ye know all things" I can see why you can speak for God.

The Bible is the word of God. I'm just telling you what He said. You should believe Him.

Hawkins

The Bible is the word of God. I'm just telling you what He said. You should believe Him.

Do you believe that God has all the ability not to make use of evolution to spawn all the species on earth?

Do you believe that God has all the ability not to make use of evolution at all?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Evolutionism one or more of a combination of pseudoscientific belief systems...

Mostly, just the weird imagination of creationists, about science. Like this:

Stellar evolution.... can be the belief that nothing caused everything.

Stellar evolution is not about the origin of the universe. Maybe you would be more effective against science if you knew what it is?

Chemical evolution can be the belief that life came from non-life.

Nope. But God says that life came from non-life, so I'm pretty sure He's right.

Biological evolution can be the belief that 'monkey's evolved into humans.

Nope. No wonder you hate science. If I thought it was like that, I'd hate it too.

Algorithms work on a computer when intelligent designers create programs and specify results.

Yep. They are just simulations of the created universe. Hence, they have some aspects of evolution, but not all of them. Still, they are good enough to work better than design.

God was smarter than creationist are willing to let him be.

Your analogy comparing that to your belief in evolutionism is a dishonest comparison.

I know how much you want it to be wrong. But reality isn't obligated to consider your feelings. One of the things that repeatedly shows up in science, is how elegant and efficient this universe actually works. Engineers have just learned how to copy God's creation to solve problems by evolution that aren't possible to solve by design.

No... you are dishonest Barbarian.

If you were honest with yourself, you'd come to terms with His creation on His terms, not yours. Let go of your pride and let Him be God.

Engineers don't copy a process that leads to increasing genetic problems and eventual extinction.

You're wrong about that too. Of the many, many feasible solutions that appear in genetic algorithims, almost all of them become extinct. Just like the real world. Only the most fit continue. And as you learned, the fitness rule of "survive long enough to reproduce", is exactly what the engineers copy from nature.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
Thanks. Is the criticism of the missing links that Meyer and others point to as problematic for neo-Darwinists as they suggest?

I am not able to speak for neo-Darwinists, but it should be problematic for them.

Even honest YE creationists admit that it's a problem for creationism, but not for science YE creationist Kurt Wise admits:

Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation - of stratomorphic intermediate species - include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation - of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates - has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacdontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation - of stratomorphic series - has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact. It certainly CANNOT said that traditional creation theory expected (predicted) any of these fossil finds.
https://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j09_2/j09_2_216-222.pdf

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that God has all the ability not to make use of evolution to spawn all the species on earth?

Do you believe that God has all the ability not to make use of evolution at all?

He could have created a "creature fairy" to poof each of them into existence. But that's not what He did. If you look at nature deeply enough, it becomes clear that He uses simple and efficient means to make it work.

Which is why He used evolution to make the diversity of life on Earth.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

So.... God created everything through His non-living Son?

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

If you were honest with yourself, you'd come to terms with His creation on His terms, not yours. Let go of your pride and let Him be God.

Good idea.

Hebrews 13:8

8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You're wrong about that too. Of the many, many feasible solutions that appear in genetic algorithims, almost all of them become extinct. Just like the real world. Only the most fit continue. And as you learned, the fitness rule of "survive long enough to reproduce", is exactly what the engineers copy from nature.

Nope.

They all come to an end.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He could have created a "creature fairy" to poof each of them into existence. But that's not what He did. If you look at nature deeply enough, it becomes clear that He uses simple and efficient means to make it work.

Which is why He used evolution to make the diversity of life on Earth.

Sorry, Blablabarian. The Bible contradicts your religion.

Your god is of entirely your own invention when it comes to origins.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app

iouae

Since both God and us "know all things" we are both omniscient.

But I know I am not omniscient.

To know all things does not mean absolutely each and every thing, including the future.
A Bible search of "all" shows its usage seldom means all, with no exceptions.

The idea that God is omniscient is derived from misunderstanding language. "All" means what the speaker means to include, not what we force it to include.

I believe that because God is not omniscient, He sometimes experiments, such as with hominids, to learn what worked, and did not, before He created Adam and Eve. Some, finding these experimental leftovers, interpret it as evolution. Some deny they exist. Some force hominids to be apes, and some force hominids to be men. I see hominids as God's experiments. Because making a Homo sapiens who worships, is hard, even for God.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

So.... God created everything through His non-living Son?

Sounds like you've gotten misled on that. Let's see what He has to say about it...

Genesis 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Yep. You got some weird misdirection there. But unless you think the Earth is alive (Yes, I know there are "Gaia worshipers") God says that life came from non-life.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

Nope.

They all come to an end.

Nope. Not so long as messages keep appearing here.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I believe that because God is not omniscient, He sometimes experiments, such as with hominids, to learn what worked, and did not, before He created Adam and Eve. Some, finding these experimental leftovers, interpret it as evolution. Some deny they exist. Some force hominids to be apes, and some force hominids to be men. I see hominids as God's experiments. Because making a Homo sapiens who worships, is hard, even for God.

God, as a kid, tries to make a chicken...
3eddcdd77913beb4f96b18761e2647b3.jpg

No, I don't think so. Sorry.

iouae

God, as a kid, tries to make a chicken...
3eddcdd77913beb4f96b18761e2647b3.jpg

No, I don't think so. Sorry.

God has His failures.

Pre-flood saved tally = 3

So God reduces life expectancy to make folks more needy and feel more mortal.

Post-flood tally of those saved under the Old Covenant = not great.

Humans need a lot of encouraging to come to Him. They need to feel loved, rather than feel guilty.

So God so loves us, that He sends His only begotten Son to die for us.
Now we feel God's commitment to us, and love for us and we respond to this show of love.

Post crucifixion tally of those saved = huge. Now the folks storm into the kingdom.
Now folks take the kingdom, like the ancients storm a castle.
Mat 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

I am sure God is learning even from these last 2000 years and will implement changes to the New Covenant when He sends Christ back to earth. There will be a newer New Covenant then.

iouae

Ughhh......this again

Seeing as you asked for more, here is another mistake God admitted He made, choosing Saul to be king.

1Sa 15:35
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

Whenever God repents, it's a clue He feels He has made a mistake with His original decision.