The "Me Too" List

glorydaz

leeann-tweeden-al-franken-640x480.jpg

Al Franken has been a creep all along.

1999 Howard Stern radio show with Al Franken.

Langage Warning.

I couldn't believe it when he was elected. He was a well known slime ball. As I recall, there was some controversy over that election....missing ballots or something. Typical Dim Doings, I guess.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What was confusing?

I wasn't sure where you were going with it. Yes, woman can use sex to their advantage, but then what? What does that have to do with the current MeToo movement? It sounds like you are just deflecting by saying that women do some bad things too, which is obviously true.

Maybe some of it is statistical and if women were more highly represented in positions of authority then we'd see more claims of abuse and harassment going the other way. And maybe we will end up seeing men come out accusing women of using sex to take advantage of them. But right now we have the MeToo movement and I'm glad to see it. But as Tambora pointed out, it's mostly about past incidents so far. I hope this all leads to change in current situations too.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What I do find odd about this whole shebang is that no one has come forward that is being abused NOW.
With all the media attention of praising and encouraging women to come forward, it doesn't add up to me why none have come forward that are being abused now.
I find it hard to believe that every women out there that is being abused now is afraid.

Not sure. It's an interesting question. Maybe as this evolves we will begin to see more recent situations. But if something is a current investigation another factor could be that there are confidentiality requirements and people can't start blasting out on social media or doing interviews with news outlets.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not sure. It's an interesting question. Maybe as this evolves we will begin to see more recent situations. But if something is a current investigation another factor could be that there are confidentiality requirements and people can't start blasting out on social media or doing interviews with news outlets.
A confidentiality clause would be if there was a settlement made.
If a woman takes a settlement agreeing to keep the matter under-the-carpet, then she is just as much a part of the problem, IF exposing sexual molestation is really their goal.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anyone noticed who has been absent from the campaigning of the 2018 elections for Democratic candidates?
Have any of those candidates asked Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, or Obama to help campaign for them?
If they were as great as the Dems built them up to be, you would think the Dems would be chopping at the bit to have their faces plastered all over their campaign candidates.
Wonder why they didn't want them?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Has anyone noticed who has been absent from the campaigning of the 2018 elections for Democratic candidates?
Have any of those candidates asked Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, or Obama to help campaign for them?
If they were as great as the Dems built them up to be, you would think the Dems would be chopping at the bit to have their faces plastered all over their campaign candidates.
Wonder why they didn't want them?
Maybe they're planning it now. I haven't really seen any 2018 campaign ads yet here in Missouri but it will be interesting to see what the dems do. It will also be interesting to see who Trump endorses and which RINOs will shun any connection with him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe they're planning it now. I haven't really seen any 2018 campaign ads yet here in Missouri but it will be interesting to see what the dems do. It will also be interesting to see who Trump endorses and which RINOs will shun any connection with him.
Wouldn't that just be the icing on the crumbling cake ----------------- all this outrage from them over morality towards women victims, and then choose three that never spoke out against it or made a fuss during their years in the White House.
That would just be more confirmation that this has never been about morality.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
800x-1.jpg

Charlie Rose has been fired from CBS and 2 journalism honors were rescinded due to allegations of sexual misconduct from 8 women.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just so everyone doesn't forget that some allegations made by females are bogus.

Logan Huysman was very boisterous about accusing police officers of sexually molesting her.
UNTIL ..... the police released the body-cam of the incident.

Language warning.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yeah, the conservative James O'Keefe just tried to get a fake Roy Moore accuser past the Washington Post and it backfired on him bigly.

What a dumb conservative stunt to pull, at the expense of real victims.

From the National Review:

In today’s big media news, gonzo video journalist James O’Keefe had yet another of his undercover sting operations blow up in his face. The Washington Post caught O’Keefe and his Veritas Project trying to scam the paper into running a false sexual abuse allegation against Roy Moore:

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/454097/james-okeefe-helps-washington-post

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The leftist, Emily Linden tweets ......

"I'm not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual asault/harrassment allegations."

"If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The leftist, Emily Linden tweets ......

"I'm not at all concerned about innocent men losing their jobs over false sexual asault/harrassment allegations."

"If some innocent men's reputations have to take a hit in the process of undoing the patriarchy, that is a price I am absolutely willing to pay."
How .. nevermind.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. Why don't you check with Ken Starr?

He might be a little busy on a job search. He just lost his job as head of Baylor University over a (ahem) sex scandal for his part in a coverup of sexual assault by some football players.

the former special prosecutor who spent three years chasing the right-wing ghost before become infamous for his dogged investigation into former president Bill Clinton's sexual improprieties in the White House is now caught up in a sex scandal of his own -- accused of all things, failing to vigorously investigate allegations of sexual impropriety.

After an independent investigation of widespread allegations of campus sexual assault, Baylor University president Ken Starr has been demoted by the University's board of regents on Thursday.

Along with the head coach of the school's famed football team, Art Briles, Starr was specifically faulted for essentially ignoring complaints of sexual assault from female students, specifically charges stemming from the school's storied football team.

A report released on Thursday found that under Starr's leadership, Baylor failed “to identify and train responsible employees under Title IX” -- a federal law meant to protect female students. The damming 13-page report cited a “lack of strong institutional management and control on a number of levels.”

https://www.salon.com/2016/05/26/bi...esident_amid_shocking_sexual_assault_scandal/

You couldn't write a script like that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He might be a little busy on a job search. He just lost his job as head of Baylor University over a (ahem) sex scandal for his part in a coverup of sexual assault by some football players.

the former special prosecutor who spent three years chasing the right-wing ghost before become infamous for his dogged investigation into former president Bill Clinton's sexual improprieties in the White House is now caught up in a sex scandal of his own -- accused of all things, failing to vigorously investigate allegations of sexual impropriety.

After an independent investigation of widespread allegations of campus sexual assault, Baylor University president Ken Starr has been demoted by the University's board of regents on Thursday.

Along with the head coach of the school's famed football team, Art Briles, Starr was specifically faulted for essentially ignoring complaints of sexual assault from female students, specifically charges stemming from the school's storied football team.

A report released on Thursday found that under Starr's leadership, Baylor failed “to identify and train responsible employees under Title IX” -- a federal law meant to protect female students. The damming 13-page report cited a “lack of strong institutional management and control on a number of levels.”

https://www.salon.com/2016/05/26/bi...esident_amid_shocking_sexual_assault_scandal/

You couldn't write a script like that.

:chuckle: I keep thinking the same thing.

It’s like The Onion. All the time.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Is being gay a choice? I always thought so?

I took (an admittedly unscientific) look at that. For years, I asked people on internet forums where the subject came up, whether or not they had considered what their sexual orientation would be, and chose one.

One person so far has said she chose it. And she reported being bisexual.

Which matches up well with serious research that suggests it's determined in utero or early in infancy, possibly by hormones.