The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

ClimateSanity

You had your eight years with Obama. Time for you to step aside, it's someone else's turn to watch the president now. I'm posting here for those who ordinarily only read Breitbart and like-minded conservative blogs who deal in "alternate facts."

If you don't like the threat to your bromance, you can avoid the thread. You have the freedom to make the choice.

I see your back to your old habit of mind reading again. It's good you are not paid for any success because you would be broke. As for alternative facts, that's all the stories are that you post. Every single story you breathlessly swallow with hearty gullibility, is full of holes waiting to be shot down as drivel.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I see your back to your old habit of mind reading again. It's good you are not paid for any success because you would be broke. As for alternative facts, that's all the stories are that you post. Every single story you breathlessly swallow with hearty gullibility, is full of holes waiting to be shot down as drivel.

I hope you feel better now, because your words are only for your benefit and self-comfort.

/conversation

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
steve-bannon-cover-time.jpg

From this look at Steve Bannon, the following stood out to me:
Sometime in the early 2000s, Bannon was captivated by a book called The Fourth Turning by generational theorists William Strauss and Neil Howe. The book argues that American history can be described in a four-phase cycle, repeated again and again, in which successive generations have fallen into crisis, embraced institutions, rebelled against those institutions and forgotten the lessons of the past--which invites the next crisis. These cycles of roughly 80 years each took us from the revolution to the Civil War, and then to World War II, which Bannon might point out was taking shape 80 years ago. During the fourth turning of the phase, institutions are destroyed and rebuilt.

In an interview with TIME, author Howe recalled that Bannon contacted him more than a decade ago about making a film based on the book. That eventually led to Generation Zero, released in 2010, in which Bannon cast the 2008 financial crisis as a sign that the turning was upon us. Howe agrees with the analysis, in part. In each cycle, the postcrisis generation, in this case the baby boomers, eventually rises to "become the senior leaders who have no memory of the last crisis, and they are always the ones who push us into the next one," Howe said.

But Bannon, who once called himself the "patron saint of commoners," seemed to relish the opportunity to clean out the old order and build a new one in its place, casting the political events of the nation as moments of extreme historical urgency, pivot points for the world. Historian David Kaiser played a featured role in Generation Zero, and he recalls his filmed interview with Bannon as an engrossing and enjoyable experience.

And yet, he told TIME, he was taken aback when Bannon began to argue that the current phase of history foreshadowed a massive new war. "I remember him saying, 'Well, look, you have the American revolution, and then you have the Civil War, which was bigger than the revolution. And you have the Second World War, which was bigger than the Civil War,'" Kaiser said. "He even wanted me to say that on camera, and I was not willing."

Howe, too, was struck by what he calls Bannon's "rather severe outlook on what our nation is going through." Bannon noted repeatedly on his radio show that "we're at war" with radical jihadis in places around the world. This is "a global existential war" that likely will become "a major shooting war in the Middle East again." War with China may also be looming, he has said. This conviction is central to the Breitbart mission, he explained in November 2015: "Our big belief, one of our central organizing principles at the site, is that we're at war."

Bannon is the war hawk that apocalyptic-minded evangelicals have been waiting for, someone who will lead the U.S. into the last battle they're waiting for when they say Maranatha.

Danoh

You had your eight years with Obama. Time for you to step aside, it's someone else's turn to watch the president now. I'm posting here for those who ordinarily only read Breitbart and like-minded conservative blogs who deal in "alternate facts." Those conservative sites are going to gate-keep things from their readers that might be uncomfortable. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. I'm here to help!

But - if you don't like the threat to your bromance, you can avoid the thread. You have the freedom to make the choice.

True, but you are posting to fools so self-deluded that they are unable to see the hypocrisy their self-delusion compels them to view any attempt at any objectivity with them through.

I hear ya loud and clear, Anna. But again, each time you come accross one thing or another that you then head toward these fools with, for their own good, you have basically decided to head towards a wall...

And you know they are all about "building a Wall."

Danoh

They don't say second Corinthians in New York. They say two Corinthians.
drool.gif
He asked for prayer for the show. It was a joke. :rolleyes:

Apparently no one is telling him about the danger we're in.
the_fbi__emoticon_by_ninjuhkitteh.png
I have no doubt that he will be a praying president. :greedy:

See:

America Will Not Repent

Planet X

Trump is the son Archie Bunker had always wished he'd had. The same exact ever clueless and narrow mind; the same exact, limited vocabulary and mispronounciation of the simplest of words; the same exact speech patterns; you name it.

Not to mention that ever overburdened with a clod as a husband Edith look often on poor Melania's face.

(Hillary would have been his Left leaning daughter Gloria; but absent the moral compass Gloria's mom alone had been responsible for instilling in her).

Danoh

Been to New York and have friends there. They say 2nd Corinthians.

Just as they pronounce the word "hombre" with a silent "h" - again, unlike the incompetent, ur, um, the Incumbent...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Trump is the son Archie Bunker had always wished he'd had. The same exact ever clueless and narrow mind; the same exact, limited vocabulary and mispronounciation of the simplest of words; the same exact speech patterns; you name it.

Not to mention that ever overburdened with a clod as a husband Edith look often on poor Melania's face...

He's a husband to Ivana. :greedy: He's a concubus :banana: to Melania. Rom. 7:2, 3
stripper.gif

See:

Divorce & Re marriage: A Position Paper by John Piper

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We have an obsessed troll at TOL that thinks...
it's his job to mindlessly attack all things relating to the opposite sex, including their posts. :plain: Just thought your opening needed clarity.

Speaking of which...
Every single story you breathlessly swallow with hearty gullibility, is full of holes waiting to be shot down as drivel.
Not by you, butter-cup. Facts aren't your wheelhouse. Reading you trying to argue is like watching a dog trying to read a newspaper.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
True, but you are posting to fools so self-deluded that they are unable to see the hypocrisy their self-delusion compels them to view any attempt at any objectivity with them through.

I hear ya loud and clear, Anna. But again, each time you come accross one thing or another that you then head toward these fools with, for their own good, you have basically decided to head towards a wall...

And you know they are all about "building a Wall."

Building with tempered mortar is not a bad thing.

fool

Hall of Fame
You kind of skipped over the point there, chief. He ridiculed others for doing what he's doing. That's what makes it funny, or sad, or a little of both.

That's not quite what he's doing there though. He's ridiculing the system. While he was running to be in charge of it.

fool

Hall of Fame
U.S. military probing more possible civilian deaths in Yemen raid

The U.S. military said on Wednesday it was looking into whether more civilians were killed in a raid on al Qaeda in Yemen on the weekend, in the first operation authorized by President Donald Trump as commander in chief.

U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens was killed in the raid on a branch of al Qaeda, also known as AQAP, in al Bayda province, which the Pentagon said also killed 14 militants. However, medics at the scene said about 30 people, including 10 women and children, were killed.

U.S. Central Command said in a statement that an investigating team had "concluded regrettably that civilian non-combatants were likely killed" during Sunday's raid. It said children may have been among the casualties.

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

I had no idea POTUS was in hands on control of the nuts and bolts of every operation.
Don't they have people in the Military in charge of Military stuff?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's not quite what he's doing there though. He's ridiculing the system. While he was running to be in charge of it.
If you want to turn him into a dry satirist I can't stop you framing it in the way to best shield him from his own rhetoric, but there's little in his rhetorical practice over the years to shore that up. The problem with Trump, one problem with him, is an inconsistency in that regard that a lot of people see as willful hypocrisy. I don't. I think he says whatever he thinks in the moment and given the moment whatever he thinks may not be the same thing as another moment. I suspect he feels and hunches his way through a lot of it and that can be okay for an investor who bears the consequence of a wrong call, but is less desirable in a president who passes the fruit of his errors to the people with their fingers crossed.

I had no idea POTUS was in hands on control of the nuts and bolts of every operation.
Don't they have people in the Military in charge of Military stuff?
He gets the briefing and makes the call...just out of personal curiosity, at some point is Trump going to be responsible for what he says or does or will that personal attachment only find him if a thing works out? :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Whoever made and approved that cover pic, should be ashamed. Libs are just plain nasty.
Whoever put him in a position of authority and bumped the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to place his unqualified seat in a seat of power inside the intelligence corridor needs a swift kick in his own, for posterity.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else think, "If you put a funny little mustache on him and used a little hair product..." :eek:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Whoever put him in a position of authority and bumped the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to place his unqualified seat in a seat of power inside the intelligence corridor needs a swift kick in his own, for posterity.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else think, "If you put a funny little mustache on him and used a little hair product..." :eek:

I'm sorry to see you approve such a juvenile tactic from the left. I would call out how nasty it is, if it came the other way.

If you cant see all the things wrong with what they did there, well that speaks for you.