The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Danoh

the sooner we get to President Pence, the better :banana:

He and Ryan will both go down with Trump.

Already some of his fellow rats have jumped ship.

And the Republicans will lose both houses big time in two years.

Trump and his crony cabinet are giving the Left the exact kind of overwhelming majority they will need by then.

Out of one mess into another one...once more...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No need to - he'll get there all on his own :chuckle:

And ten to one his seven Muslim countries immigration fiasco actually IS a Trump business interests move.

It fits his life-long recurrent pattern of self-serving, preemptive strike, strong arm tactics, financial and political corruption like a glove.

He remains a fascinating study.

Personally, I think he moved on that too soon.

Time for him to re-read his copy of Mein Kampf.

Then again, perhaps re-reading his copy of it once more is what he is doing - when he is not on Twitter at 3 in the morning :chuckle:

So no, no baby cry on my part here, cry here. I'm too fascinated by the side show.

But you go right on ahead and read what you need to into my words, if that is what floats your boat - or holds your hair in place, lol

I agree with everything but the reading part, because Trump doesn't read - he has a very short attention span (and a limited vocabulary and problems with spelling).

He likes his TV, though.

And he does seem to inspire a lot of bromance. Now that's fascinating.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hill staffers secretly worked on Trump's immigration order

Several House Judiciary Committee aides helped craft the controversial directive without telling Republican leaders.
Senior staffers on the House Judiciary Committee helped Donald Trump's top aides draft the executive order curbing immigration from seven Muslim-majority nations, but the Republican committee chairman and party leadership were not informed, according to multiple sources involved in the process.

. . . .

The staffers signed nondisclosure agreements, according to two sources familiar with the matter. Trump's transition operation forced its staff to sign these agreements, but it would be unusual to extend that requirement to congressional employees.

“These executive orders were very rushed and drafted by a very tight-knit group of individuals who did not run it by the people who have to execute the policy. And because that’s the case, they probably didn’t think of or care about how this would be executed in the real world,” said another congressional source familiar with the situation. “No one was given a heads-up and no one had a chance to weigh in on it.”

Insiders told POLITICO that the botched roll-out of the immigration executive order was coordinated for the most part by White House policy director Stephen Miller, a former Sessions staffer, and Trump senior strategist Stephen Bannon.

It was intentionally kept quiet. Even key administration officials had not seen it until "just before it was going out," according to one White House source.​

Danoh

I agree with everything but the reading part, because Trump doesn't read - he has a very short attention span (and a limited vocabulary and problems with spelling).

He likes his TV, though.

And he does seem to inspire a lot of bromance. Now that's fascinating.

Some years ago, one of his ex-wives related during an interview that he was reading that book.

I posted a youtube video on here once showing his campaign speeches were practically word for word rip-off of that monster's make Germany great again speeches to the lemmings of his day.

Just one more example of his many now infamous ripping-off of other's "accomplishments" as being his own.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Some years ago, one of his ex-wives related during an interview that he was reading that book.

I posted a youtube video on here once showing his campaign speeches were practically word for word rip-off of that monster's make Germany great again speeches to the lemmings of his day.

Just one more example of his many now infamous ripping-off of other's "accomplishments" as being his own.

I doubt he read it seriously, and I doubt he wrote his own speeches, for that matter. His off the cuff remarks are very different.

Here's the ghost writer for The Art of the Deal who spent a lot of time with Trump and now regrets enabling him:

But Schwartz believes that Trump’s short attention span has left him with “a stunning level of superficial knowledge and plain ignorance.” He said, “That’s why he so prefers TV as his first news source—information comes in easily digestible sound bites.” He added, “I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read a book straight through in his adult life.” During the eighteen months that he observed Trump, Schwartz said, he never saw a book on Trump’s desk, or elsewhere in his office, or in his apartment.

Other journalists have noticed Trump’s apparent lack of interest in reading. In May, Megyn Kelly, of Fox News, asked him to name his favorite book, other than the Bible or “The Art of the Deal.” Trump picked the 1929 novel “All Quiet on the Western Front.” Evidently suspecting that many years had elapsed since he’d read it, Kelly asked Trump to talk about the most recent book he’d read. “I read passages, I read areas, I’ll read chapters—I don’t have the time,” Trump said.

Danoh

Anna, you know what the Trump lemmings will say about Schwartz; right?

I envy them their self-delusion.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The rise of Steve Bannon, puppet master:

The real estate mogul's architect: Bannon's influence swells

Bannon's role has long eclipsed that of traditional political strategist, with the former head of the right-wing Breitbart News site quickly taking custody of Trump's political and policy agendas not just as tactician, but as one of its chief architects.

That role will now officially extend to crafting the Trump foreign policy, placing a firebrand who has repeatedly targeted the Republican establishment and called for a radical reshaping of the US' role in the world in a prime position to reshape the current world order -- not just for the term of Trump's presidency, but for decades to come.

. . . .

Already Bannon, a largely obscure figure during much of the campaign, has been an increasingly visible figure at Trump's side, whether it's sitting in the Oval Office while Trump speaks by phone with Russian President Vladimir Putin or across the table in the State Dining Room with congressional leaders.

Amid a fury of criticism even from some members of the President's party, White House press secretary Sean Spicer sought to downplay Bannon's role on the NSC on Monday, insisting Bannon is "not going to be in every meeting."

But his appointment is a sign of Trump's trust in the top adviser and a sign that he wants Bannon to be his eyes-and-ears in the top level meetings, said Jason Miller, a former top communications adviser to the Trump campaign and transition.

"He has the President's ear. It only makes sense to have him in this role listening to what's going on so he, too, can report back to the President," Miller said. "He also has such a keen understanding of the President's voice."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Wow youve become a full blown liberal, hints would peek through for a while, but im glad to see you come out of the closet and be your true self.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

He's their political savior. They're not going to give up that faith, they have too much invested in it. Their idea of Trump is 'too big to fail.'

I'd say that the only one who could do damage to their political idolatry is Trump himself, and yet even that's not a given, and he knows it, and his cronies know it: "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK? It's, like, incredible."

Danoh

He's their political savior. They're not going to give up that faith, they have too much invested in it. Their idea of Trump is 'too big to fail.'

I'd say that the only one who could do damage to their political idolatry is Trump himself, and yet even that's not a given, and he knows it, and his cronies know it: "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK? It's, like, incredible."

Trump has something there.

Reminds me of that Nixon's lemmings.

The day he left the White House in absolute disgrace, there they were; still holding on to their self-delusion.

Some of them even now still hold to their self-delusion about the man.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He's their political savior.

ObamaSavior.jpeg

godofallthings.jpg

NewImage24.png

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump has something there.

Reminds me of that Nixon's lemmings.

The day he left the White House in absolute disgrace, there they were; still holding on to their self-delusion.

Some of them even now still hold to their self-delusion about the man.

Funny you should mention Nixon, I'd set this aside to read until later:

Why people are calling the acting attorney general's firing the 'Monday Night Massacre'
In 1973, President Nixon ordered the firing of special prosecutor Archibald Cox because he wouldn't obey Nixon's order to stop looking into Watergate. Two of the Justice Department's top leaders resigned in protest rather than following Nixon's directive to fire Cox. It became known as the "Saturday Night Massacre," an instance of the president using his power to punish political enemies within the Justice Department.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Attorney General Nominee Jeff Sessions Once Grilled Sally Yates About Standing Up to the President

When Sally Yates was confirmed as deputy U.S. attorney general nearly two years ago, she assured Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions that she would be willing to stand up to the President if he took "unlawful" action.

Sessions: Well, you have to watch out because people will be asking you to do things, you just need to say no about. Do you think the Attorney General has a responsibility to say no to the President if he asks for something that's improper? A lot of people have defended the Lynch nomination, for example, by saying, ‘Well, he appoints somebody who's going to execute his views. What's wrong with that?’ But if the views a President wants to execute are unlawful, should the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General say no?

Yates: Senator, I believe that the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General has an obligation to follow the law and the Constitution and to give their independent legal advice to the President.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, clueless one. Never.

Actually, that would be you, let me explain since youre being slow or drunk on koolaid today, anna pretended like we act like trump is our Savior because hes defended against constant liberal bile, yet Obama was ACTUALLY portrayed as God and Savior by many liberal loons, who was said to do no wrong, hilarious and ironic though!