The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[D]enigrating her [
stripper.gif
] on her marriage choice shouldn't be an acceptable criticism of her as First Lady.

Herodias would agree with you (Matt. 14:3–12). :dizzy: Always siding with evil :listen: because you're evil (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'll clarify that I'm not being starry-eyed,
I wouldn't be that dismissive, but I do think you're being overly generous.

I'm pointing out that denigrating her on her marriage choice shouldn't be an acceptable criticism of her as First Lady.
So we shouldn't criticize someone for their choices in a mate if the mate was clearly then what he is clearly now? I don't agree. Denigrate means to criticize unfairly, so I'd absolutely agree with that part. The tricky bit will be in getting people to agree on what's fair.

I've already seen it both implicitly and explicitly expressed here and elsewhere, and she deserves a certain amount of protection in the fact that she's not the elected official. Not the same protection as her child, but somewhere between that and her public duties as First Lady. I'm going to keep coming back to that: she wasn't elected. He was.
She chose that sort of fellow as a soul mate, supported his reach and agreed, often and publicly, with much of his aim. She's a public figure. I don't care if she wears the hood if she thought enough of it to sew and mend it, by way of.

I didn't say anything about her intelligence, nor do I question it. I spoke about inexperience and unfamiliarity with Washington and the political machine. And about whether she was completely on board with all of it.
I didn't say you said she was unintelligent. My comment was in answer to your assertion that she might be blindly following orders. In rebuttal I gave my impression that she's smart and seasoned enough to know the score. I think you underestimate her.

:eek:

Really. Wow. Well, maybe Ivana would be able to help you with that.
She can't. There's no "monkey" equivalent, harsh as people can be to privileged, insulated, powerful white women.

This is her chance to transcend him. I hope she takes it.
I'd be happy to see it and almost as shocked as I would be happy. She's not just a member of the firm, she bought the company.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
[h=1]Report: Entire State Department Management Team Abruptly Steps Down[/h]
The entire senior level management team at the State Department collectively resigned on Wednesday, according to the Washington Post.
. . . .

“It’s the single biggest simultaneous departure of institutional memory that anyone can remember, and that’s incredibly difficult to replicate,” David Wade, State Department chief of staff under Secretary of State John Kerry, told the newspaper. “Department expertise in security, management, administrative and consular positions in particular are very difficult to replicate and particularly difficult to find in the private sector.”

If confirmed, President Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, will begin his term without the assistance of career civil servants who can help him navigate the inner workings of the agency. Tillerson, the former CEO of ExxonMobil, has no experience working in government. He was approved by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on party lines, and is expected to be confirmed by the GOP-controlled Senate.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
[h=1]Report: Entire State Department Management Team Abruptly Steps Down[/h]
The entire senior level management team at the State Department collectively resigned on Wednesday, according to the Washington Post.
. . . .

“It’s the single biggest simultaneous departure of institutional memory that anyone can remember, and that’s incredibly difficult to replicate,” David Wade, State Department chief of staff under Secretary of State John Kerry, told the newspaper. “Department expertise in security, management, administrative and consular positions in particular are very difficult to replicate and particularly difficult to find in the private sector.”

If confirmed, President Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, will begin his term without the assistance of career civil servants who can help him navigate the inner workings of the agency. Tillerson, the former CEO of ExxonMobil, has no experience working in government. He was approved by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on party lines, and is expected to be confirmed by the GOP-controlled Senate.

Excellent - now he can get people onboard who want to make needed changes

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In his first major TV interview as president, Trump is endlessly obsessed with his popularity

The way President Trump tells it, the meandering, falsehood-filled, self-involved speech that he gave at the Central Intelligence Agency headquarters was one of the greatest addresses ever given.

“That speech was a home run,” Trump told ABC News just a few minutes into his first major television interview since moving into the White House. “See what Fox said. They said it was one of the great speeches. They showed the people applauding and screaming. … I got a standing ovation. In fact, they said it was the biggest standing ovation since Peyton Manning had won the Super Bowl, and they said it was equal. I got a standing ovation. It lasted for a long period of time.”

The most powerful man in the world continued: “You probably ran it live. I know when I do good speeches. I know when I do bad speeches. That speech was a total home run. They loved it. … People loved it. They loved it. They gave me a standing ovation for a long period of time. They never even sat down, most of them, during the speech. There was love in the room. You and other networks covered it very inaccurately. … That speech was a good speech. And you and a couple of other networks tried to downplay that speech. And it was very, very unfortunate that you did.”​

More Trump delusions of grandeur at the link, if you can stomach it...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
WASHINGTON — When President Obama relied heavily on executive orders to push through policies that had no chance in Congress, Republicans called him a dictator who abused his power and disregarded the Constitution. They even took him to court.

“We have an increasingly lawless presidency where he is actually doing the job of Congress, writing new policies and laws without going through Congress,” Representative Paul D. Ryan, then the Budget Committee chairman, said in a 2014 television interview after Mr. Obama made clear in his State of the Union address that he would readily take unilateral action to get his way.

Now President Trump, at the start of his tenure, is relying heavily on executive actions not just to reverse Obama administration initiatives, but to enact new federal policies covering immigration, health care and other areas in ways that could be seen more as the province of the House and Senate. And he is doing that with clear Republican majorities in Congress.

The flurry of administration edicts flowing from the Trump White House puts some top Republicans in the awkward position of welcoming aggressive executive muscle flexing from a president of their own party after castigating Mr. Obama for using the same approach.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/...obama-executive-orders.html?ref=politics&_r=0

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The latest from Breitbart's Steve Bannon, now White House chief strategist, to the New York Times:

"The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for awhile."

Translation: the Trump administration has been instructed by Dear Feckless Leader Trump to make sure the press stops embarrassing and humiliating him.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This is what Trump voters said when asked to compare his inauguration crowd with Obama’s

Even when the photographic evidence was directly in front of them and the question was straightforward, one in seven Trump supporters gave the clearly false answer.

Why would anyone give the wrong answer to a pretty simple question?

To many political psychologists, this exercise will be familiar. A growing body of research documents how fully Americans appear to hold biased positions about basic political facts. But scholars also debate whether partisans actually believe the misinformation and how many are knowingly giving the wrong answer to support their partisan team (a process called expressive responding).

Our survey question about which photo shows the larger crowd is that an incorrect response to this question could really only arise from that second process. If there were no political controversy, any respondent who took the time to look at the photographs would see more people in the image on the right than the one on the left.

Clearly, some Trump supporters in our sample decided to use this question to express their support for Trump rather than to answer the survey question factually.

What are the consequences of our finding?

On one hand, some may find it reassuring to discover that at least some Trump supporters may not really believe the misinformation they express in surveys.

On the other hand, the Trump administration already accuses others of producing “fake news,” and instead offers its own (false) “alternative facts.” If a significant portion of Trump supporters are willing to champion obvious fabrications, challenging fabrications with facts will be difficult.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
U.S. Intelligence Officials Reportedly Warn Israeli Counterparts Against Sharing Info With Trump Administration

Shared information could be leaked to Russia and onward to Iran, American officials implied to Israelis in closed meeting, saying Kremlin has 'leverages of pressure' over Trump, Ronen Bergman reports.

Israeli intelligence officials are concerned that the exposure of classified information to their American counterparts under a Trump administration could lead to their being leaked to Russia and onward to Iran, investigative journalist Ronen Bergman reported by Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot on Thursday.

American intelligence officials expressed despair at the election of Trump during a recent meeting with their Israeli counterparts, Bergman reported. They said that they believed that “leverages of pressure” over Trump, though they did not elaborate.​

ClimateSanity

In his first major TV interview as president, Trump is endlessly obsessed with his popularity

The way President Trump tells it, the meandering, falsehood-filled, self-involved speech that he gave at the Central Intelligence Agency headquarters was one of the greatest addresses ever given.

“That speech was a home run,” Trump told ABC News just a few minutes into his first major television interview since moving into the White House. “See what Fox said. They said it was one of the great speeches. They showed the people applauding and screaming. … I got a standing ovation. In fact, they said it was the biggest standing ovation since Peyton Manning had won the Super Bowl, and they said it was equal. I got a standing ovation. It lasted for a long period of time.”

The most powerful man in the world continued: “You probably ran it live. I know when I do good speeches. I know when I do bad speeches. That speech was a total home run. They loved it. … People loved it. They loved it. They gave me a standing ovation for a long period of time. They never even sat down, most of them, during the speech. There was love in the room. You and other networks covered it very inaccurately. … That speech was a good speech. And you and a couple of other networks tried to downplay that speech. And it was very, very unfortunate that you did.”​

More Trump delusions of grandeur at the link, if you can stomach it...

It's not delusions when the grandeur is real.

ClimateSanity

WASHINGTON — When President Obama relied heavily on executive orders to push through policies that had no chance in Congress, Republicans called him a dictator who abused his power and disregarded the Constitution. They even took him to court.

“We have an increasingly lawless presidency where he is actually doing the job of Congress, writing new policies and laws without going through Congress,” Representative Paul D. Ryan, then the Budget Committee chairman, said in a 2014 television interview after Mr. Obama made clear in his State of the Union address that he would readily take unilateral action to get his way.

Now President Trump, at the start of his tenure, is relying heavily on executive actions not just to reverse Obama administration initiatives, but to enact new federal policies covering immigration, health care and other areas in ways that could be seen more as the province of the House and Senate. And he is doing that with clear Republican majorities in Congress.

The flurry of administration edicts flowing from the Trump White House puts some top Republicans in the awkward position of welcoming aggressive executive muscle flexing from a president of their own party after castigating Mr. Obama for using the same approach.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/...obama-executive-orders.html?ref=politics&_r=0

If Congress objects, they can always vote out his executive orders.