The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Alate_One

This Just In: Trump posts pic of inaugural crowd.

View attachment 25194
Left wing media claims fraud.

:chuckle:

No no, I heard this was the real picture of the inaugural crowd.

425d9691b5b746ebaa1fac6490d1b6e6_9.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's an adult version of the tantrum. HARD spin mode. He must have been dizzy afterwards. Yes, clearly it was the coverings vs. the grass, that obscured the numbers. Uhh no, the grass is actually a very light shade of yellow which didn't obscure empty space at all.

obama-trump-crowds.jpg
Couldn't help but notice there are appreciably fewer people on the left side of Trump's crowd looking forward. . .do you think they made the RINOs stand there? :plain:

drbrumley

In NeoconWorld, putting America first is un-American. Also: War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery & Iraq had WMD

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It
was
because

Obama was the first black president.
Half the crowd are black people that your Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons amassed.

Do people go out of their way to ignore the obvious?

Obviously :rolleyes:

drbrumley

Whose Resume Says “Qualified?”
Karen De Coster

I’m not a Trumpster, but all this talk about “qualifications for President” is amusing. Using the mainstream definition of that term, Herr Obama is the most unqualified President of modern times, if not for all time. A state senator with no history of any accomplishments, billionaire Communist George Soros planted him in the US Senate as a stepping stone to big-boy politics. As a new, know-nothing, unknown Senator, Obama began planning his run for the presidency funded by the Soros machine with no public profile, no qualifications. Meanwhile, Leftists sit back in latte cafes with their peeps and exclaim how a billionaire entrepreneur who has spent his whole life dealing, building, creating jobs, and making profits is “unqualified” to take over the executive office.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Trump supporters have more sense than to stand out in the cold when there is good television coverage in a nice warm bar. :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Trump's Inauguration was refreshingly traditional.
It was intentional, no doubt, to give the impression of America returning to more solid and familiar ground.

Many people feel like America was losing it's identity, and rightfully so- the Left were trying to sell it down the river.
Trump knows what he's doing.
And
~Haters gonna hate~ :plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It
was
because

Half the crowd are black people that your Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons amassed.

That being a major factor makes sense. A better comparison, if someone cares, would be to other inaugurations. But who cares? :idunno: Does the media normally compare crowd sizes? I don't know but on its face it seems like a dumb attempt to make Trump look bad.

I do think it's ridiculous that Spicer went on a rant about it though. Trump and his team are so thin-skinned. It would be fun to get a Twitter account just to troll Trump and see if I could get mentioned in a rant at one of these press conferences. :plain:

Spicer said that accountability goes both ways and that they will hold the media accountable too. And in some cases that would be reasonable. What Spicer did yesterday wasn't.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That being a major factor makes sense. A better comparison, if someone cares, would be to other inaugurations. But who cares? :idunno: Does the media normally compare crowd sizes? I don't know but on its face it seems like a dumb attempt to make Trump look bad.

As always, you make good points, and thoughtful, too. In this instance though, we see things a little differently.

That crowd estimate was retweeted from a NYT reporter by a gov't agency (National Park Service) and the Trump administration shut down the department temporarily and removed the offending retweets.

This is a good example of how social media is beyond the control of any one entity (short of global internet outage), and that's why I'm rethinking one aspect of social media. I've signed up for Twitter for the first time because I see the Trump administration as one that's willing to withhold, alter, and fabricate information as it suits them to make Trump look good. Sean Spicer did just that in his press tantrum, giving numbers for Metro riders which were completely different than the numbers that Metro had reported.

I remember realizing a long time ago during situations around the globe - civil emergencies and military unrest - how useful Twitter was, but I held off joining until now. Although it's how fake news can be passed around instantly, it's also how information can be archived and fact-checked instantly. I think the administration is going to lie, and it's the job of both the press and the people to fact-check it.

Here's why I care:

1. Because it matters to Trump's ego, and it matters to his thin-skinned minions like Sean Spicer. And because it matters to his base. Here's the record on official numbers, btw.

2. Because he's built himself on how he's better than Obama, it's reasonable to compare his crowds to Obama's. Trump said he had a mandate, and he wanted the crowds to reflect that. He wanted his mandate to be bigger than Obama's - and it clearly wasn't. So much so that Spicer was reduced to explaining why grass coverings made the crowd look visually smaller. That's so petty. Run the country, for pete's sake - this should have been above the office of the President, and above the need to call a press conference, but they can't help themselves. That's worrisome, and it has been all through Trump's candidacy.

They wanted to overshadow Obama, even while they imitated him - his cake was an exact replica of Obama's inaugural cake.

Insecurity at the presidential level is instability.

Trump’s inaugural cake was commissioned to look exactly like Obama’s, baker says

Here's the money quote:

MacIsaac said the attention caught her by surprise partly because, per the order, the Trump cake was intended to be more of a prop: All but a three-inch slice at the bottom was inedible.

“It’s just a Stryofoam cake. It’s not for eating,” she said.
“I wasn’t expecting it to be seen on TV.”​

That pretty much sums up Trump.

A styrofoam prop.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It
was
because

Well, I've been trying to ignore the oblivious lately, but this one drew me in. I love the way you start with something true then immediately smother it with speculation pulled right out of your assumption. It's a talent.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As always, you make good points, and thoughtful, too. In this instance though, we see things a little differently.

That crowd estimate was retweeted from a NYT reporter by a gov't agency (National Park Service) and the Trump administration shut down the department temporarily and removed the offending retweets.

This is a good example of how social media is beyond the control of any one entity (short of global internet outage), and that's why I'm rethinking one aspect of social media. I've signed up for Twitter for the first time because I see the Trump administration as one that's willing to withhold, alter, and fabricate information as it suits them to make Trump look good. Sean Spicer did just that in his press tantrum, giving numbers for Metro riders which were completely different than the numbers that Metro had reported.

I remember realizing a long time ago during situations around the globe - civil emergencies and military unrest - how useful Twitter was, but I held off joining until now. Although it's how fake news can be passed around instantly, it's also how information can be archived and fact-checked instantly. I think the administration is going to lie, and it's the job of both the press and the people to fact-check it.

Here's why I care:

1. Because it matters to Trump's ego, and it matters to his thin-skinned minions like Sean Spicer. And because it matters to his base. Here's the record on official numbers, btw.

2. Because he's built himself on how he's better than Obama, it's reasonable to compare his crowds to Obama's. Trump said he had a mandate, and he wanted the crowds to reflect that. He wanted his mandate to be bigger than Obama's - and it clearly wasn't. So much so that Spicer was reduced to explaining why grass coverings made the crowd look visually smaller. That's so petty. Run the country, for pete's sake - this should have been above the office of the President, and above the need to call a press conference, but they can't help themselves. That's worrisome, and it has been all through Trump's candidacy.

They wanted to overshadow Obama, even while they imitated him - his cake was an exact replica of Obama's inaugural cake.

Insecurity at the presidential level is instability.

Trump’s inaugural cake was commissioned to look exactly like Obama’s, baker says

Here's the money quote:

MacIsaac said the attention caught her by surprise partly because, per the order, the Trump cake was intended to be more of a prop: All but a three-inch slice at the bottom was inedible.

“It’s just a Stryofoam cake. It’s not for eating,” she said.
“I wasn’t expecting it to be seen on TV.”​

A styrofoam prop.
If Trump and team were trying to use the crowds as evidence of his mandate then I would have no problem with the media responding and reverse my comment about it being a dumb attack on Trump. I assumed the crowd kerfuffle started with the media.

Those actions against a gov't dept are worrying.

You highlight one of the few redeeming qualities of social media. I still won't be joining Twitter. :chuckle:

The cake thing. :eek:

fool

Hall of Fame

A styrofoam prop.

Or, someone who doesn't really give a hoot about the cake?
Is the cake important? How much time is he supposed to have spent putting his own personal stamp on the design?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Or, someone who doesn't really give a hoot about the cake?
Is the cake important? How much time is he supposed to have spent putting his own personal stamp on the design?

:idea: He should have gone on the TV show "Cake Wars" to have teams compete to make him one. He could even say 'you're fired' to the teams that made cakes he doesn't like. He really dropped the ball on that one.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
anna - two questions if you please

in what way is trump a fraud?

You know how he's a fraud, and you know you're asking a rhetorical question.

I'll give you one example, though, it was 2016 and he didn't recognize the word Brexit.

“And Brexit? Your position?” Mr Woolf asked.
“Huh?”
“Brexit.”
“Hmm.”
The New York tycoon was then told what the abbreviation meant.
He replied: “Oh yeah, I think they should leave.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...does-not-know-what-brexit-means-a7059561.html

Okay, two examples (out of such riches, but I only have so much time):

DONALD TRUMP’S GHOSTWRITER TELLS ALL
"The Art of the Deal" made America see Trump as a charmer with an unfailing knack for business. Tony Schwartz helped create that myth—and regrets it.

whose puppet do you think he is?

The GOP establishment he told voters he'd drain from the swamp
Crony Capitalists/Big Money/Koch Brothers
Putin

fool

Hall of Fame
:idea: He should have gone on the TV show "Cake Wars" to have teams compete to make him one. He could even say 'you're fired' to the teams that made cakes he doesn't like. He really dropped the ball on that one.

Maybe he just didn't have time with forming a new executive branch and all?
Some one prolly asked him "what should the cake be like" and he said "just get a cake, like a normal Inaugural cake" he wore a suit and tie just like Obama did as well.