The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So we come to the usual impasse.

One side cites the evidence and shows the consequences of a particular policy.

The other side says "I don't care, my new interpretation of scripture would work better", while refusing to look at the documented consequences.

Another day at TOL. And Grossnik, if you want to see the data source, just read the thread. It's in there. Not that it hasn't been shown here time and time again.

The name is Grosnick. Do you want people changing your name around?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The name is Grosnick. Do you want people changing your name around?
I'm sure it's inadvertent, Gooseneck. :think: :eek:

I get that sort of thing all the time. Sometimes it's even funny...well, it could be, but the guys who tend to line up against me think Clown Heretic or Hairy Tick is funny, so what can you do?

As with what passes for Stripe's rebuttal, I guess it just comes down to hoping for better.

Speaking of...

Another day at TOL. And Grossnik, if you want to see the data source, just read the thread. It's in there.

But only by Blablablablaman after the shame became too much.

Nope. You haven't even acknowledged it. You think the woman's exoneration required Jesus to usurp the law. It didn't. You think the people trying to trap Jesus had a legitimate case. They didn't.

Anyone who thinks Blablablaian's ravings have any credibility is insane.

Nope.

It is a hindrance to turn to a lawyer when it is time to examine the law. As we've seen, you ignore it.
All that typing and the only thing you really got right was the grammar.

That's got to be some sort of record...or recording. One of those, at least.

eider

Maybe you can explain how a dead person can now kill and kill again after being executed?
You just don't get it, do you.......
Once a Capital Crime with certain death sentence has been committed there is little possibility of the offender giving self up...... they have nothing to lose by killing as often as they think they need to.

But the history of innocents being executed is enough for a reasonable repeal of all death sentences. And the history of mentally disabled folks being executed is further reason for a repeal.
That's what we did, and why we did.....

genuineoriginal

Here's the problem with that attempt, it turns Jesus into a legalist and the law into a shell game. He didn't have to guess at her guilt. The point of witnesses was to assure justice. God doesn't need witnesses and that's who they brought her to.
Even God uses two or three witnesses, so your argument falls apart.

Genesis 19:1
1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;​

Revelation 11:3
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.​

genuineoriginal

One side cites the evidence and shows the consequences of a particular policy.

The other side says "I don't care, my new interpretation of scripture would work better", while refusing to look at the documented consequences.
Your conclusions falsely claim causation from a perceived correlation that was generated with faulty data.

Liberals love to claim causation from correlation.

Correlation does not imply causation

In statistics, many statistical tests calculate correlations between variables and when two variables are found to be correlated, it is tempting to assume that this shows that one variable causes the other. That "correlation proves causation," is considered a questionable cause logical fallacy when two events occurring together are taken to have established a cause-and-effect relationship. This fallacy is also known as *** hoc ergo propter hoc, Latin for "with this, therefore because of this," and "false cause." A similar fallacy, that an event that followed another was necessarily a consequence of the first event, is the post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin for "after this, therefore because of this.") fallacy.

*** the foul language filter hates Latin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm sure it's inadvertent, Gooseneck. :think: :eek:

I get that sort of thing all the time. Sometimes it's even funny...well, it could be, but the guys who tend to line up against me think Clown Heretic or Hairy Tick is funny, so what can you do?

As with what passes for Stripe's rebuttal, I guess it just comes down to hoping for better.

Speaking of...

All that typing and the only thing you really got right was the grammar.

That's got to be some sort of record...or recording. One of those, at least.

As you have already noticed, Grosnick (GM) has NO sense of humor, therefore, he (I) cannot appreciate anyone else's supposed sense of humor/wit. I expect a public apology from you and Barb for this unacceptable slight. (the VERB version of the word)

Arthur Brain

As you have already noticed, Grosnick (GM) has NO sense of humor, therefore, he (I) cannot appreciate anyone else's supposed sense of humor/wit. I expect a public apology from you and Barb for this unacceptable slight. (the VERB version of the word)

Well, you sure don't have much maturity if you're gonna go back to the lame "Hi" neg rep crap. Thought you'd actually grown beyond that garbage. My bad...

genuineoriginal

Barb?

I have heard that every rose has a thorn (barb), but it is also true that not every thorn (barb) has a rose.

Arthur Brain

I support the death penalty, not the current system of injustice we have.

See above.

You support a system where innocent people would be wrongfully executed. Unless you agree that only 100% proof of guilt should be ascertained before sentencing then you're okay with innocent people being victims. End of.

genuineoriginal

mentally disabled folks being executed
Is there really any reason a mentally disabled person should not be executed if that person murders another person?

There is a reason for George's actions at the end of Of Mice and Men

Of Mice and Men

Curley's wife enters the barn and tries to speak to Lennie, admitting that she is lonely and how her dreams of becoming a movie star are crushed, revealing her personality. After finding out about Lennie's habit, she offers to let him stroke her hair, but panics and begins to scream when she feels his strength. Lennie becomes frightened, and unintentionally breaks her neck thereafter and runs away. When the other ranch hands find the corpse, George realizes that their dream is at an end. George hurries to find Lennie, hoping he will be at the meeting place they designated in case he got into trouble.

George meets Lennie at the place, their camping spot before they came to the ranch. The two sit together and George retells the beloved story of the dream, knowing it is something they'll never share. He then shoots and kills Lennie

genuineoriginal

You support a system where innocent people would be wrongfully executed.
I support a system where every reasonable action was taken to ensure that the people that are executed are guilty.
That is why it requires two or three eyewitnesses and the death penalty for anyone that commits perjury in a capital offense trial.
Unless you agree that only 100% proof of guilt should be ascertained before sentencing then you're okay with innocent people being victims. End of.
No, 100% proof is unreasonable.