The Left has become dangerously unhinged.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How was the government funded prior to 1913? BTW I know the answer.
Tariffs, it looks like. Here's the thing with Tariffs, though...

A tariff*-funded government gives foreigners control over its fiscal health, military spending, etc. This is a huge problem for a supposedly sovereign nation. A pro*-abortion, pro*-homo, strengthened European Union and UN could isolate and starve America. Tariffs, as a commerce transaction toll, share many of the same shortcomings as a sales tax, such as the fact that the government has no right to force men to become tax collectors. Highlighting the problem, there exists widespread hatred of being conscripted into compulsory tax. Daily, sales tax prompts even strangers to conspire together to defraud the government. Transacting and accounting for millions of daily taxations creates a huge implementation cost. Sales tax collection burdens novice entrepreneurs adding unnecessary difficulty to their business. Billionaires may live on 1% of their earnings thus avoiding taxes on 99% of their income. The middle class will pay tax on nearly one hundred percent of their income.

So no, tariffs are not sustainable, nor are sales taxes. Try again?

drbrumley

Tariffs, it looks like. Here's the thing with Tariffs, though...

A tariff*-funded government gives foreigners control over its fiscal health, military spending, etc. This is a huge problem for a supposedly sovereign nation. A pro*-abortion, pro*-homo, strengthened European Union and UN could isolate and starve America. Tariffs, as a commerce transaction toll, share many of the same shortcomings as a sales tax, such as the fact that the government has no right to force men to become tax collectors. Highlighting the problem, there exists widespread hatred of being conscripted into compulsory tax. Daily, sales tax prompts even strangers to conspire together to defraud the government. Transacting and accounting for millions of daily taxations creates a huge implementation cost. Sales tax collection burdens novice entrepreneurs adding unnecessary difficulty to their business. Billionaires may live on 1% of their earnings thus avoiding taxes on 99% of their income. The middle class will pay tax on nearly one hundred percent of their income.

So no, tariffs are not sustainable, nor are sales taxes. Try again?

Why are you so worried about what the world can do to us? God provides, yes? Tariffs weren't the only means BTW!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why are you so worried about what the world can do to us?

I asked you to provide a way for the government to fund itself, You said tariffs, and I then provided you with reasons why we shouldn't use tariffs at all.

God provides, yes?

God also requires governments to be responsible, and that includes with their finances.

Tariffs weren't the only means BTW!

Could you please provide the other types of funding the government used?

Where's the contract?

Contract? What for?

I saw it, I found it lacking.