The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

staind.raindrop

That would be why I couldn't find it. What kind of a title is that :idunno:

MMO - Massive Multiplayer Online

Crimeny, my attics and backpacks are overflowing with THINGS.

When will I be able to organize again so I can delete my Myth wizard in favor of a Storm???

Maybe when I decide if I'm making a better looking Myth to begin with. I hate decisions when there is no organization. :mmph:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It's in the first book of The Holy Bible. You should read one, if indeed you really do want to seek Truth. If you enjoy fantasy, please continue to peruse the pages of Urantia nonsense.God described what His Mercy Seat in Heaven looks like and allowed man to build a replica on earth so that He could foreshadow Christ's sacrifice on Calvary and see The Blood of The Lamb when He looked upon the sins of men who repented and obeyed His Words. The fact that you find fault with Scripture but not with the words of demons reveals a lot about you.Actually not, if you understand them. As I've explained to you before: you cannot even yet SEE The Kingdom, so how can you expect to understand It?They were written by holy men of old who wrote what The Spirit of The Living God inspired them to write. They got The Lord's Words correct, every single one of them. You cling to the words of a demon but attack The Word of God because you ARE a demon. :devil:That's not what Christ, Himself taught:

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Those who don't submit themselves to eating His Flesh and drinking His Blood have no life in them:

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Because you are dead in your trespasses and sins you agree with the words of devils and teach their doctrines. It's only natural. You're doing what sinners do: agreeing with your father, the devil (Satan).Jesus didn't teach human sacrifice. He sacrificed Himself willingly, by taking my place on the cross. I don't have to pay for my sins, since He already did. I have His Life in me. He took my death-sentence. The soul that sins shall die. I now don't have to die. I will NEVER see death. I am alive, forevermore. He paid the price for my sins. My debt to sin is paid. I am in perfect communion with my Heavenly Father. He loves you just as much as He loves me. All you have to do is take His Word for it, instead of the word of a devil, who does nothing but lie. Instead, you have chosen the lie.

After death comes: judgment. If you die in your sins you will be judged and you will be found guilty. The sentence is eternal torment in the Lake of Fire. Repent!!!

Man is not born into a sin debt, that's the original sin doctrine of the Persians. It influenced Judaism.

The atonement doctrine is rooted in selfishness. Some people have a hard time admitting their sin, receiving forgiveness by forgiving others as taught by Jesus in the Lord's Prayer.

Aimiel, you support killing an innocent man because you are to proud to face facts about yourself, admit them honestly, receive real forgiveness and in turn forgive others.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
3 years before the cross Jesus and the twelve were teaching the "good news" of "The Kingdom of Heaven"......but if is true that after the unjust trial and murder of Jesus by savage religious people, his followers assumed a new gospel about the cross.
I think you are confusing Jewish teachings about heaven and the law with the actual good news. The Israelites had always had teachings about the Kingdom of Heaven but the teachings of Jesus and His disciples removed the legalistic premises.

Perhaps you see this as quibbling but if Jesus had not appeared post Mort to his disciples there would have been no proof of resurrection. That is the good news that electrified everyone. He is risen would have become He died and we believe went to heaven. Weak.

Aimiel

... after the unjust trial and murder of Jesus by savage religious people, his followers assumed a new gospel about the cross.
Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Those who don't submit themselves to eating His Flesh and drinking His Blood have no life in them:

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Because you are dead in your trespasses and sins you agree with the words of devils and teach their doctrines. It's only natural. You're doing what sinners do: agreeing with your father, the devil (Satan).
Human sacrifice was not taught anywhere at any time by Jesus. But the Pagans did teach human sacrifice.
Jesus didn't teach human sacrifice. He sacrificed Himself willingly, by taking my place on the cross. I don't have to pay for my sins, since He already did. I have His Life in me. He took my death-sentence. The soul that sins shall die. I now don't have to die. I will NEVER see death. I am alive, forevermore. He paid the price for my sins. My debt to sin is paid. I am in perfect communion with my Heavenly Father. He loves you just as much as He loves me. All you have to do is take His Word for it, instead of the word of a devil, who does nothing but lie. Instead, you have chosen the lie.

After death comes: judgment. If you die in your sins you will be judged and you will be found guilty. The sentence is eternal torment in the Lake of Fire. Repent!!!

Aimiel

Man is not born into a sin debt...
I quite agree. We don't need 'original' sin, we're quite capable of sinning on our own. No one has ever gotten through their life without sin, except God.
The atonement doctrine is rooted in selfishness.
No, that would be the 'ignorance' doctrine of demons that you subscribe to. Christ's atonement is the most selfless act ever performed. The Creator of the Universe came here to serve every one and to give His Life and His very Blood as a ransom for MANY.
Some people have a hard time admitting their sin, receiving forgiveness by forgiving others as taught by Jesus in the Lord's Prayer.
That would be those who don't receive repentance that God sends them.
Aimiel, you support killing an innocent man because you are to proud to face facts about yourself, admit them honestly, receive real forgiveness and in turn forgive others.
You're not making any sense. I accept the selfless act of Christ and drop my selfish ways of thinking I can become righteous or please God by doing my own works. My works are filthy rags, even if I purchase the entire planet and have everyone on earth on my side telling me I'm great. Without His Love I am nothing. Unless you eat His Flesh and drink His Blood you cannot have His Love. All you have is His rejection. He doesn't like those who are selfish, who reject His Sacrifice for their own works. He wants us to trust Him, not our own knowledge.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
All about Satan and evil.......

All about Satan and evil.......

I appreciate your attention to my inquiries, PJ. I was wondering one more thing, if you don't mind. What info does the UB give about Satan, or evil?

As Caino mentioned,....the UB teaches that Lucifer, Satan and other rebellious sons of God are actual personalities. It presents Satan as Lucifer's first lieutenant in his plans to rebel against the divine plan and will. (other players in the rebellion were Caligastia, Abaddon, Beelzebub, etc.) - to see where the players all fit into the historical and hierarchal order of things, you'll have to read.

~*~*~

The Lucifer Rebellion.

~*~*~

For a detailed dissertation on evil with some insights from the UB, see here. (quotes from UB and Jesus himself, plus some good articles from a UB perspective by Dr. Meredith J. Sprunger).

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As Caino mentioned,....the UB teaches that Lucifer, Satan and other rebellious sons of God are actual personalities. It presents Satan as Lucifer's first lieutenant in his plans to rebel against the divine plan and will. (other players in the rebellion were Caligastia, Abaddon, Beelzebub, etc.) - to see where the players all fit into the historical and hierarchal order of things, you'll have to read.

~*~*~

The Lucifer Rebellion.

~*~*~

For a detailed dissertation on evil with some insights from the UB, see here. (quotes from UB and Jesus himself, plus some good articles from a UB perspective by Dr. Meredith J. Sprunger).

pj

What other comic books do you indulge in?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the endless loophole of 'blood-atonement'......

the endless loophole of 'blood-atonement'......

So, do you know if the UB does or doesn't offer a better reason as to why the ritual is no longer necessary?

We've covered extensively about the concept of blood-atonement, it originating from pagan schools/mythology coupled with the Mosaic sacrificial system and Paul's 'revelations' combining them all into 'his gospel'. The UB like other schools REJECT the concept of a 'blood-sacrifice' (let alone the use of 'human blood') as a means (or sole means) of gaining God's favor or forgiveness, since the blood of animals or any blood for that matter (speaking of the physical component) does not have the power to cleanse or absolve the conscience of man in and of itself. It avails nothing without true repentance and surrender to God, whose end result is doing right. No amount of blood can magically substitute for that.

As shared before, the 'blood of Christ' has rich symbolic meaning on inner levels referring to various aspects of life giving sustenance, in ways similar that physical blood nourishes the material body, tokens of meaning further expressed in the Eucharist-ritual, but these are essentially 'spiritual' in nature. Just like the mere physical act or partaking of the memorial meal may avail little, unless it is imbibed with the 'faith' of the participant sharing in the life (Spirit) of God. In this case the ritual serves as a 'medium' or 'symbol' of receiving the life-giving substance of God, which is only efficacious when appropriated with the right attitude of heart and receptivity of spirit. Even so however,...it is the sharing of the Spirit of God, and not necessarily a concept of 'vicarious blood atonement' and all its technicalities that is involved here.

"11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto Me? saith the L-rd; I am full of the burnt-offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he-goats.

12 When ye come to appear before Me, who hath required this at your hand, to trample My courts?

13 Bring no more vain oblations; it is an offering of abomination unto Me; new moon and sabbath, the holding of convocations--I cannot endure iniquity along with the solemn assembly.

14 Your new moons and your appointed seasons My soul hateth; they are a burden unto Me; I am weary to bear them.

15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear; your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean, put away the evil of your doings from before Mine eyes, cease to do evil;

17 Learn to do well; seek justice, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow

18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the L-rd; though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. "

- Is. 1:11-18

Again we return to the seminal message of Jesus which was 'repentance' and 'faith' in the 'kingdom-reality' of heaven (the dominion of the Spirit and its eternal principles which are the essence of eternal life). - all else imposed are various doctrinal concepts, religious dogmas, 'theology'. - do you want to cram your mind with 'theology' or 'living truth' which liberates? In a realm of 'free will', the choice is yours.

pj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.