The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wordsponge

BANNED
Banned
Good, don't let him get to ya :thumb: I think I would have had a harder time coping with him if I didn't live with Scott and my mother for so long. I find it almost endearing anymore ;)

++
Many things SPIRITUALLY are happening...

Whoever is in the flow is in BIG time...

I have to go,,
I hope that we can talk again later on a less busy thread...
@GM may be an insane person??

BOTH bless you... :)

staind.raindrop

It was Moses's instruction, he was himself a reformer of previous customers and beliefs. When the Hebrew redactors rewrote everything in Babylon, they made it all a tidy package.

So the entire law was not the Word of God? Is that why they call it the law of Moses? I thought Moses got this instruction from God Himself? I know he got the 10 commandments that way. I have a hard time following the OT sometimes, isn't there a passage somewhere stating that Moses got the instruction of the law from God directly?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
So the entire law was not the Word of God? Is that why they call it the law of Moses? I thought Moses got this instruction from God Himself? I know he got the 10 commandments that way. I have a hard time following the OT sometimes, isn't there a passage somewhere stating that Moses got the instruction of the law from God directly?

Why would you ask the nuts?
Google it

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Yea, I have always struggled with the OT. The traditional view in Judaism is that Moses wrote Genesis, but there are big problems with that, the least of which is that Moses predates the Hebrew alphabet by at least 500 years, so he would have written it in some other language. Plus he narrates his own funeral??? The Hebrew alphabet was still in development as late as 900 BC. Contemporary biblical scholars have determined that much of the OT was redacted, shows traces of multiple authors and dates to the captivity period.

Less than 5% of Christians believe the young earth creation story of Genesis.

The writings of holy men becomes tradition and tradition becomes sacred, "The Word of God" when really its the word of men about God.

Note: the bible authors don’t claim anywhere to be writing the Word of God, but what they write IS sacred to them.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

The teachers of the law in Jerusalem also had plenty of reasons as to why Jesus wasn't the Messiah. If they had a TOL back then they would have banned Jesus often and eventually for life! They also taunted Jesus and accused him of being in with devils and getting power from Satan. The Jews think Jesus is just a crafty beast who fooled us all like Eve.

staind.raindrop

Good, legitimate question.

Among the sacrifice minded Jews and Pagans, who became followers of Jesus, his death quite naturally became the final sacrifice sufficient to explain why they no longer had to practice that ritual.......but Jesus never taught them that he was a sacrifice, only that he lays down his life for his sheep (which he did). In fact when Jesus was teaching, he taught of a spiritual rebirth commemorated by the wine and bread.

It’s quite interesting to consider that While Judaism rejected Jesus, his movement merged with the Pagans. Look at the similarities between the Christians and the Pagans; it will give you insight into the evolution of Christianity.

source:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa1.htm

Many early Christians celebrated Jesus' birthday on JAN-6. Armenian Christians still do. In Alexandria, in what is now Egypt, the birthday of their god-man, Aion, was also celebrated on JAN-6.

Christians and most Pagans eventually celebrated the birthday of their god-man on DEC-25.

According to an ancient Christian tradition, Christ died on MAR-23 and resurrected on MAR-25. These dates agree precisely with the death and resurrection of Attis.

Baptism was a principal ritual; it washed away a person's sins. In some rituals, Baptism was performed by sprinkling holy water on the believer; in others, the person was totally immersed.

The most important sacrament was a ritual meal of bread and wine which symbolize the god-man's body and blood. His followers were accused of engaging in cannibalism.

Early Christians initiated converts in March and April by baptism. Mithraism initiated their new members at this time as well.

Early Christians were naked when they were baptized. After immersion, they then put on white clothing and a crown. They carried a candle and walked in a procession to a basilica. Followers of Mithra were also baptized naked, put on white clothing and a crown, and walked in a procession to the temple. However, they carried torches.

At Pentecost, the followers of Jesus were recorded as speaking in tongues. At Trophonius and Delos, the Pagan priestesses also spoke in tongues: They appeared to speak in such a way that each person present heard her words in the observer's own language.

An inscription to Mithras reads: "He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he will be made on with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation." 1 In John 6:53-54, Jesus is said to have repeated this theme: "...Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (KJV)

The Bible records that Jesus was crucified between two thieves. One went to heaven and the other to hell. In the Mithras mysteries, a common image showed Mithras flanked by two torchbearers, one on either side. One held a torch pointed upwards, the other downwards. This symbolized ascent to heaven or descent to hell.

In Attis, a bull was slaughtered while on a perforated platform. The animal's blood flowed down over an initiate who stood in a pit under the platform. The believer was then considered to have been "born again." Poor people could only afford a sheep, and so were literally washed in the blood of the lamb. This practice was interpreted symbolically by Christians.

There were many additional points of similarity between Mithraism and Christianity. 2 St. Augustine even declared that the priests of Mithraism worshiped the same God as he did: Followers of both religions celebrated a ritual meal involving bread. It was called a missa in Latin or mass in English.

Both the Catholic church and Mithraism had a total of seven sacraments.

Epiphany, JAN-6, was originally the festival in which the followers of Mithra celebrated the visit of the Magi to their newborn god-man. The Christian Church took it over in the 9th century.​

Ok... thank you for all the fun facts, because I have no idea what Paganism or Mithraism or Attis or any of that is. I would like to point out, though, that Jesus said 'This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins,' at Mt. 26:28, NIV. I can't imagine what that means if His blood didn't atone for sins.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The teachers of the law in Jerusalem also had plenty of reasons as to why Jesus wasn't the Messiah. If they had a TOL back then they would have banned Jesus often and eventually for life! They also taunted Jesus and accused him of being in with devils and getting power from Satan. The Jews think Jesus is just a crafty beast who fooled us all like Eve.

The link was not 4 u
You're lost

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Ok... thank you for all the fun facts, because I have no idea what Paganism or Mithraism or Attis or any of that is. I would like to point out, though, that Jesus said 'This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins,' at Mt. 26:28, NIV. I can't imagine what that means if His blood didn't atone for sins.

It means that after the cross, after Paul began to teach his version and meaning of the gospel, that’s how the last supper was "remembered" by the Christian authors when in fact it was the outpouring of grace and truth by drinking wine and eating bread not drinking blood and eating flesh. [The pagans of Rome were already drinking blood and eating flesh]

Also, long before the cross Jesus told people their sins were forgiven by faith, why would he teach that if the cross had not happened?

Thanks for the questions though.:)

Aimiel

It was Moses's instruction, he was himself a reformer of previous customers and beliefs. When the Hebrew redactors rewrote everything in Babylon, they made it all a tidy package.
Liar. God instituted sacrifice. He sacrificed animals to make the first set of clothing. How ignorant can one person be of The Holy Scriptures?

Genesis 3:21
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Aimiel

God carved the Ten Commandments Himself. Read your Bible!!!

Aimiel

It means that after the cross, after Paul began to teach his version and meaning of the gospel, that’s how the last supper was "remembered" by the Christian authors when in fact it was the outpouring of grace and truth by drinking wine and eating bread not drinking blood and eating flesh. [The pagans of Rome were already drinking blood and eating flesh]
Actually, we only symbolically eat His Flesh and drink His Blood. This is why He used bread and wine. He is The Bread of Life. His Blood is the only forgiveness for sin available to us. You're simply not understanding The Holy Scriptures, since you're not born again. If you were, you'd be able to see The Kingdom.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Also, long before the cross Jesus told people their sins were forgiven by faith, why would he teach that if the cross had not happened?
Christ and indeed Christians as well have the power on earth to forgive sins.

Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

We are commanded to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons and we can also forgive sins.

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

I have freely received forgiveness, I'm certainly not going to be un-forgiving or refuse anyone's sins to be forgiven. All it takes is repentance and one can enter The Kingdom. Don't wait until it's eternally too late. The rich man wanted Lazarus to go warn his brothers about hell, but Abraham refused, because they ignored the prophets and now they also refuse to believe The One Who rose from the dead to preach to them to repent. Repent and believe in Jesus. You will NEVER be sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.