ECT The House of Israel and the House of Judah Will Be a Blessing

Jerry Shugart

That is the knowledge that they brought to the Gentiles - Jesus Christ, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Root and Offspring of Judah. His new nation then became all who are in Him - Jew and Gentile alike - of the Household of Christ, His new covenant nation washed in and sprinkled by His blood.

Where in the Bible do we read that all who are in Christ make up a "nation"?

TweetyBird

Where in the Bible do we read that all who are in Christ make up a "nation"?

1 Peter 2
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, [the same house that Paul spoke of to the Gentiles in Eph 2] an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

G1484
ἔθνος éthnos, eth'-nos; probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan):—Gentile, heathen, nation, people.

Both Jew and Gentile are that nation. The Gentiles, who were not a people of God, became a people of God with the Jews. Rom 9 and 10.

Rom 9
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? 25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 28 for he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. 29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33 as it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Jerry Shugart

Both Jew and Gentile are that nation. The Gentiles, who were not a people of God, became a people of God with the Jews. Rom 9 and 10.

No, they are both members of the New Man, the Body of Christ:

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:15-16).​

The Church is the Body of Christ and a Church is not a nation.

Right Divider

Body part
1 Peter 2
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, [the same house that Paul spoke of to the Gentiles in Eph 2] an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8 and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

G1484
ἔθνος éthnos, eth'-nos; probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan):—Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
Yes, indeed.... Peter is writing to the twelve tribes of Israel... just like James.
1Pet 1:1 (KJV)
(1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
Jas 1:1 (KJV)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1Pet 2:11-12 (KJV)
(2:11) Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

They are talking to the TWELVE TRIBES scattered among the GENTILES.

You are forcing (or try to) your meaning upon the text. It is NOT there.

Romans chapters 9-11 are all about Israel's FALL and God's other dealing with Gentiles.

Rom 9:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:1) I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (9:2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (9:3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (9:4) Who are Israelites; to whom [pertaineth] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service [of God], and the promises; (9:5) Whose [are] the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ [came], who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

WE, the body of Christ, are NEITHER Jew NOR Greek, NEITHER male NOR female, NEITHER bond NOR free.

We are NOT a nation no matter what scripture twisting you attempt.

Apparently you think that joining FALLEN Israel is a good thing?
Rom 11:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Jerry Shugart

Apparently you think that joining FALLEN Israel is a good thing?
Rom 11:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Good point!

TweetyBird probably thinks that it is a good thing to be joined to fallen Israel. These preterists prove that they will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

TweetyBird

Good point!

TweetyBird probably thinks that it is a good thing to be joined to fallen Israel. These preterists prove that they will believe anything, no matter how ridiculous!

No, believers are joined to those of Israel who are saved. Israel, as a nation fell, failed, rebelled, lost her covenant. The remnant of Jews who believe join together with believers to make that one new man, the body of Christ, His household, His nation of whom we are citizens.

TweetyBird

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:15-16).​

You guys can't even agree on who is the Body of Christ. RD said the Jews are not of the body of Christ, but are His sheep. And Gentiles are not His sheep but His body. Confused much? :freak:

Right Divider

Body part
You guys can't even agree on who is the Body of Christ. RD said the Jews are not of the body of Christ, but are His sheep. And Gentiles are not His sheep but His body. Confused much? :freak:
You're a liar TB.
Paul said that, in the body of Christ, there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek. What do you do with that?

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Why did you quote me and then just IGNORE everything which I said? I will give you another chance to actually address what I said here:

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:15-16).​

Right Divider

Body part
Why did you quote me and then just IGNORE everything which I said? I will give you another chance to actually address what I said here:

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:15-16).​

They have BIG opinions based on their BIG opinions.

TweetyBird

You're a liar TB.
Paul said that, in the body of Christ, there is NEITHER Jew NOR Greek. What do you do with that?

You are the one who said Israel was His sheep and the those in the body were not sheep. Make up your mind.

post #233 from the The Land Promise The Lord Gave to David:

RD: ["The body of Christ is a BODY and the God calls the nation of Israel His sheep."]

TweetyBird

Israel was a nation and called the church. Peter stated all those in Christ are a Holy Nation. Your argument is with Him and Stephen.

Right Divider

Body part
You are the one who said Israel was His sheep and the those in the body were not sheep. Make up your mind.

post #233 from the The Land Promise The Lord Gave to David:

RD: ["The body of Christ is a BODY and the God calls the nation of Israel His sheep."]
I guess that analogies and metaphors, etc. etc. are WAY over your head.

Paul says that there are NEITHER Jew NOR Greek; so maybe you should take it up with Paul first.

God uses the ANALOGY of sheep to describe His people ISRAEL.

God does NOT use that analogy for the BODY of Christ.

Interplanner

I guess that analogies and metaphors, etc. etc. are WAY over your head.

Paul says that there are NEITHER Jew NOR Greek; so maybe you should take it up with Paul first.

God uses the ANALOGY of sheep to describe His people ISRAEL.

God does NOT use that analogy for the BODY of Christ.

All of which are false distinctions RD. Hebrews uses the shepherd of the sheep. Peter speaks of being shephers. Every thing you say is easily false.