The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

JustAChristian

c.moore, c.moore!

c.moore, c.moore!

Originally posted by c.moore
Let break this scripture down into it`s context ,so you can see the truth of the verse.

2Co:3:3: Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, :written not with ink ,butwith the Spirit of the living God ; not in tables of stone, butin fleshy tables of the heart. 2Co:3:4: And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
2Co:3:5: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2Co:3:6: Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter,, but of the spirit : for the letter killeth, the spirit giveth life.

We know that God is a Spirit Joh:4:24: God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

What spirit is that which is God ????:confused:

the letter like you said is the law , but if the law is gone so it doesn`t kill us , don`t we need to be instructed , and led by the Spirit of God????ß

I think when you try to answer these question , you might see that this spirit is not a demonic spirit, or another god spirit, but it is the Spirit of God that gives life, and that spirit which wrote the bible and raised Jesus from the dead that also quicken our body.
this same Spirit of God teaches us, and guide us.

I hope this help you to understand the context of 2 Cor 3:6 that this is the Holy Spirit, and the other translations of the bibles I gave has no reason to want to fool somebody, to decieve people in believing in another doctrine, that doen`t make sence.
if these other bible , was like the new worlds JHW bible, I could maybe understand why the author might fool somebody.
These bible I gave you are translation that have the same context as the King James bible,just more plainly interpretated to easy understand the correct meaning.

Let God bless you

c.moore,

Haven't I taught you better than this?
JustAChristian

Last edited:

carri

drbrumley--

Actually, I was quite serious with that comment. Well, maybe not about the c.moore and freak part. I'll try to behave.

Carri

JustAChristian

What is babtized?

What is babtized?

Originally posted by Evangelion
LOL!

Oh boy, there are some days when you are really on the ball, Pilgrim!

And this is one of them!

:D

It's when you dunk a bib in water. No, that's bibtize!
Sorry!

JustAChristian

Kevin

c.moore,

With all your scripture you gave , I know we all agree

Everyone of those scriptures that I gave show that we are to be fruitful and obedient to His commandments.

Like I've said soooooooooooooo many other times... I know it is our faith in God that saves us, not works. I've never said that works saves us. Where you and I seem to differ is what kind of faith is it that saves us? Is it a dead faith that is by itslef, as defined in James chapter 2, or is it a faith that is alive with works of obedience?

You and Freak say that faith by itself saves. Well, the apsotle James says that faith by itself is a dead faith. Dead faith doesn't save anybody. Therefore we know when the Bible speaks of faith, it isn't NOT refrerring to a dead faith that is by itself. That's why Freak will not answer my simple question that I posed to him, which was "Is faith without works dead?". It's a simple question to answer, yet he won't answer it, because he knows perfectly well that James EXPLICITLY said that faith without works is DEAD. Freak would then have to explain how a dead faith saves, which it doesn't.

When somebody has the truth on their side, simple questions like this are easily answered, not skipped around. He answered like a politician, who usually don't give straight answers. He just cant deal with James 2, so he pretends like it doesn't exsist and continues to preach a faith only doctrine despite the fact that James said that faith only is dead. And you do the same. Pride is a terrible thing. OPEN YOUR EYES.

JustAChristian

The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit.

We will consider at this time a brief study on the person and work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost as some translations have Him, was promised by Jesus to the apostles to guide them into all truth (Jn. 14:26; Jn 16:13). Their "baptism of the Holy Spirit", along with guiding them would help them to remember all things that Jesus taught them that them could preach and teach truth (Acts 1:8; 4:33; 10:39-41). The household of Cornelius the Roman centurion, was baptized of the Holy Spirit to convince the Jews that Gentiles were accepted by God through the gospel to receive salvation (Acts 11:1-18; 15:7-11). These are the only recorded Holy Spirit baptisms, and should be the only accepted purposes for this event.

When a person had the hands of the apostles laid upon them, as the Samaritan converts at Philip's preaching, they were given various spiritual gifts of different kinds. There are several times that an act like this was performed in the New Testament. We see it first in the extending of spiritual gifts to the seven disciples in the church at Jerusalem who were selected of the church to serve the needs of the Grecian widows in the daily ministration. They were then able to successfully fulfill their ministry in serving the church, and preaching the gospel accompanied with miracles as shown by Stephen's mighty works. (Acts 6:1-8). Secondly, we see that Philip, one of the seven selected to work in the ministration to the widows in Jerusalem in Acts 6, also was preaching and doing mighty works and miracles at the city of Samaria. Like Stephen, he was using the gifts of the Holy Spirit "confirming the word with signs following" (Mk. 16:20; Heb. 2:3-4). The Bible says ( Acts 8:14-17), "Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John; Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost; (for as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. ). They laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost" You will note hereby, that they had believed Philip's preaching and were baptized in water for the remission of sins (Acts 8:12; Acts 2:38). Water baptism, except for Jesus' water baptism, is always for the remission of sins and for no other scriptural reason ( Luke 3:3; Acts 2:38). The final occasion of laying on of hands of the apostles to impart spiritual gifts was at Paul's preaching to a company of Ephesians disciples who had been baptized by Apollos with the baptism of John the Baptist (Acts 18:24-28). The Bible tells that Paul asked them "Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. They said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them the Holy Ghost came on them, and they spake with tongues, and prophesied" (Acts 19:2-6).

A Christian could not merely convey the Holy Spirit as the apostles did proven by Philip's inability at Samaria, and after baptizing the Ethiopian Eunuch (Acts 8:26-39) The nobleman was water baptized, and went on his way rejoicing, but with no special gift of the Holy Spirit. Today, Christians have the indwelling of the Holy Ghost (Romans 8:9), who abides within them as they are the temple of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 3:16; 6:19; Gal 4:6). The Holy Spirit produces "fruits of the Spirit" in the heart of every faithful Christian who is compelled to use they to the glory of God in Christ (Gal 5:22-26).

JustAChristian

carri

C.Moore--

You've got to be joking!!!
Carri where did you point out the scripture that was water baptism , and the spiritual baptism????
If you think I'm doing to go digging through pages and pages of posts to find where I've posted the specifics you're going to be disappointed! Here are two examples: Philip baptized the Ethiopean enuch in water (and I'm not going to look up the verse again) and Peter asked for water to baptize Cornelius and the other believers with him. Obviously the apostles interpreted from what Christ said that they were to baptize with water or there's no reason why they would continue doing so.

You can say all you want that we "baptism believers" keep adding the word "water" into scripture concerning baptism, but we can turn right around and say that you "faith only" believers keep adding the word "spiritual" into scripture where it doesn't appear. Maybe you should step back and look at the big picture--the entire Bible is comprised of a lot more than just a few verses that say "we are saved by faith."

Carri

agape

Originally posted by JustAChristian
The household of Cornelius the Roman centurion, was baptized of the Holy Spirit to convince the Jews that Gentiles were accepted by God through the gospel to receive salvation (Acts 11:1-18; 15:7-11). These are the only recorded Holy Spirit baptisms, and should be the only accepted purposes for this event.
Cornelius and his household were not baptized to convince the Jews of anything. They were baptized because they "believed" Jesus Christ died for their sins and that God raised him from the dead. Peter needed to be convinced that the Gentiles were not to be considered unclean and that it was also available for them to be baptized in holy spirit.
They laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost" You will note hereby, that they had believed Philip's preaching and were baptized in water for the remission of sins (Acts 8:12; Acts 2:38).
It does not say they were baptized in water.

Act 8:12,13:
But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

(13) Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

The Samaritans, including Simon, believed on the name of Jesus Christ and they were baptized in holy spirit, being saved under the preaching ministry of Philip.

Acts 8:14-18:
Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

(15) Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

(16) (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

(17) Then laid they [their] hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

(18) And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money.

There appears to be a contradiction in verse 15 where it says that Peter and John came from Jerusalem that they might receive the holy spirit. What need would they have to receive the holy spirit if they had already received it in verse 12? Furthermore, verse 16 states that the spirit had as yet "fallen upon" none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Is this a different baptism than the baptism in the spirit?

There is only one baptism in the one Body of the Church. Ephesians 4:5 is absolutely clear on this point: "One Lord, one faith, one baptism."

The key to understanding this apparent contradiction lies in understanding the meaning of "fallen upon" in verse 16. These words "fallen upon" are the Greek words "epipipto epi." These Greek words gives its meaning in Acts 10.

Acts 10:44-46:
While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on [epipipto epi] all them which heard the word.

(45) And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

(46) For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

They of the circumcision were astonished that the holy spirit had fallen upon [epipipto epi] all the Gentiles who heard Peter as he taught the word. How had the spirit fallen upon them? According to verse 46, the Gentiles spoke with tongues. When the Word of God speaks of the spirit "falling upon" someone, it is not a reference to baptism. Rather, it is a reference to the spirit being manifested by speaking in tongues.

Peter saw undeniable proof that the Gentiles had been baptized in the holy spirit, for he witnessed them speaking in tongues. The speaking in tongues was not the baptism. It was the evidence that the baptism in holy spirit had taken place. This is what he and the others with him had done when they had been baptized in the spirit in Acts 2. When Peter returned to Jerusalem, he reported to the believers concerning what had occurred with the Gentiles.

Acts 11:15
And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on [epipipto epi] them, as on us at the beginning.

How did the spirit fall on them at the beginning? They spoke in tongues, just as the Gentiles had in Acts 10. The spirit "falling upon" someone does not refer to the baptism in the spirit, but the manifesting of the baptism by speaking in tongues. Another example is found in Acts 8.

Acts 8:16:
(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Verse 16 refers to the truth that as yet they had not spoken in tongues. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. To be "baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus" is another way of saying "baptized in the spirit," for there is only one baptism.

There is another interesting truth found in Acts 8:14-19. The word "receive" appears four times in these six verses. According to verse 14 and the verses leading up to it, they had received the Word of God from Philip. This word "receive" is the Greek dechomai, meaning "to deliberately receive or accept what is offered." The three following occurrences of "receive" are an entirely different word in Greek, which is "lambano." This word means "a self prompted taking," that is, to receive so as to use. The relationship of these two words for receive is important to understand.

So it is with the holy spirit. God offers it as part of the gift of salvation. When we believe, calling upon the name of the Lord (Romans 10:9-13), we receive (dechomai) the baptism of the holy spirit. When we choose to evidence the spirit by way of the manifestation of the spirit (I Corinthians 12:7- 11) that is when we take the spirit so as to use it (lambano).
Water baptism, except for Jesus' water baptism, is always for the remission of sins and for no other scriptural reason ( Luke 3:3; Acts 2:38).
Acts 2:38: "Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins..."

Peter instructed them to repent. When we repent, we receive remission of sins; not forgiveness, but remission. All the sins which are upon the individual who repents are remitted, are wiped out at the time of salvation. To repent is not to confess your sins, but to confess the Savior from sin. It is to confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus. V48--"...and ye shall receive [lambano, into manifestations] the gift of [from] the Holy Ghost [pneuma hagion]."

Peter's specific statement, "and ye shall receive" in this grammatical usage means, "and you shall [absolutely] receive [lambano, manifest, show forth in evidence] the gift of [from] the Holy Spirit [pneuma hagion]" who is the Giver. In other words, Peter said that the one who repents receives remission of sins, and he then should absolutely manifest. Acts 2:38 is not referring to "water" baptism at all.

Luke 3:3:
And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Please note the following verses:

Mark 1:4-8:
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

(5) And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

(6) And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;

(7) And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.

(8) I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John preached that there was one mightier than he.... He also states that he indeed baptized them with water; BUT he [Jesus Christ] shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Please note in verse 5 that they confessed their sins. As stated, we confess the Savior from sin. Jesus is the Savior...not water. Also, Jesus Christ, after his resurrection, never instructed the Apostles to baptize with the water baptism of John.

In all honesty, I fail to see how water baptism is necessary at all for salvation. It never saved anyone. So what's the point of being dunked or sprinkled with water when it brings us no true results as does being baptized in holy spirit. Water baptism today, at best, openly makes known one's fatih in Christ, which is fine.

JustAChristian

"I" don't make the rules!

Originally posted by agape

Agape,

I am going to back off on one point/ "Baptism of the HolySpirit" is not a Biblical term. Therefore, I will not use it again. Baptism is however, is so closely associated with water that whenever it is used, it implies the use of water. Holy Spirit baptism as such was never universally applied. Seen only on two instances. Was to be done only by Jesus. Jesus finished his work on earth and departed. Sent the Holy Spirit as a guide and comforter to the apostles. Was used to evidence the acceptance or God and to impart power on the apostles.

In all honesty, I fail to see how water baptism is necessary at all for salvation. It never saved anyone. So what's the point of being dunked or sprinkled with water when it brings us no true results as does being baptized in holy spirit. Water baptism today, at best, openly makes known one's fatih in Christ, which is fine.

"I" don't make the rules! That is what is wrong with the religious world of Christianity today. "I" wants to make the rules. Jesus left his Perfect Law. It was a Law of deliverance from sin. It requires Hearing the Gospel., Believing Jesus is the Son of God, Repenting of Sin, Confessing Christ as God's son. and being Baptized for the remission of sins. When one had done this, the Bible says, "the Lord added to the church such as should be saved" (Acts 2:47). I find no other way to be added to the Chruch of the Lord Jesus. Jesus is the savior of his body the church. (Col. 1:18). He has promised to save only His spiritual body the church. He made the rules. We must believe and obey them for rewards (Hebrews 5:8-9). One gospel will get you there and it is same for the Jews as well as the Gentiles ( Eph. 2:17).

JustAChristian

Freak

Carri-

Please do not misunderstand us.

We believe believers should be water baptized but not for salvation. Salvation is by faith (see Romans 5:1 & Ephesians 2:8-9) in Jesus Christ. Water baptism is a symbol as the Communion is a symbol. We believe Jesus commanded these things not for salvation but rather for a witness.

Jesus even said to be saved all one needed to do was enter through Him (see John 10:9).

Tell me what John 10:9 tells you.

carri

Freak--

We believe Jesus commanded these things not for salvation but rather for a witness.
For a witness to whom? The Ethiopean enuch was certainly baptized in water, but there was no one around to witness it, except himself and Philip. I really think that this episode was recorded in God's Word to show that baptism isn't just to show everyone else that we are choosing to follow Christ. Without this one episode, all we see are people being baptized around others who see it, and then you might have a point.

John 10:9. Of course. Freak, the fact that we enter the gate through Christ has never been under dispute. Without his death and resurrection no one would ever get to heaven.

We are saved by faith--a faith that includes works, which makes it true faith and not a dead faith. You want to make the two mutually exclusive, but they are not. Belief is not the sum total of faith. James makes that clear, and I still haven't seen where you've explained that away.

Carri

agape

Re: "I" don't make the rules!

Re: "I" don't make the rules!

Originally posted by JustAChristian
Unfortunately, yes..."you" make the rules as you go along because they are not found in the Scriptures. I have to be honest to say that your response falls short to what I posted. Perhaps you could not comply with scripture, but I would expect a more worthy reply next time. :)

agape

Re: Philip and the Eunuch

Re: Philip and the Eunuch

The Word of God clearly teaches that the only baptism required of the Church today is the baptism in holy spirit, which is bestowed by Jesus Christ himself without any human involvement but the preaching and believing of the gospel. However, the Bible does record an instance in the early Church age where water baptism was administered.

After Philip preached the gospel concerning Jesus Christ to the Samaritans (Acts 8:5-25), God sent him on another mission.

Acts 8:26-38:
And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert

(27) And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

(28) Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

(29) Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

(30) And Philip ran thither to [him], and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

(31) And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

(32) The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

(33) In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

(34) And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

(35) Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

(36) And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, [here is] water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

(37) And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
(38) And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

In this record, Philip, (a born-again believer), baptized the eunuch with water at the time of the eunuch's acceptance of Christ. Why would Philip baptize the eunuch with water when water baptism was totally unnecessary for salvation? Simply because the eunuch asked him to!

Acts 8:36
And as they went on [their] way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, [here is] water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

The eunuch asked Philip if there was anything that would hinder (koluo - forbid) him from being water baptized. Philip answers him honestly and directly.

Acts 8:37a
And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest.

The word "mayest" (exesti)means "lawful," "permitted," "allowed." The eunuch had asked Philip if there was anything that would forbid his being water baptized. Philip does nor debate the doctrine of baptism with eunuch. He answers "If you believe with all your heart, it's permitted - it's allowed - it's not against the law." Philip's concern wasn't water. His concern was that the eunuch believed what he spoke to him regarding Jesus Christ. That was the all-important issue! The eunuch told him what Philip needed to know.

Acts 8:37b
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip knew the critical issue was the eunuch's acceptance of Jesus Christ. Having that assurance from him, Philip knew the eunuch was born again, baptized with the holy spirit. He then gladly water baptized him for the sole reason that the eunuch requested him to.

It is not a sin to be baptized with water. It is simply not necessary. But if a person wants water baptism - if they want to be sprinkled, dipped or dunked - there is nothing wrong with granting their request as long as they believe on Jesus Christ. That is the crucial issue. It is the condition that must be met so that they can be baptized in the spirit. To water baptize someone who doesn't believe on the son of God, who isn't first baptized in holy spirit, could easily leave them with the wrong conclusion. Water baptism saves no one. Believing on Jesus Christ, being baptized with holy spirit, is the only way of salvation.

Philip's responsibility and concern were related to the preaching of Jesus Christ. He carried out his responsibility and he preached the gospel. The eunuch believed what he preached. He was baptized in the spirit (in the name of the Lord) not by Philip, but by the Lord. The eunuch's request for water baptism was lovingly granted by Philip to bless the eunuch, though he knew water baptism neither added nor detracted from what God had already wrought in the life of the Ethiopian.

Freak

Carri states:

The Ethiopean enuch was certainly baptized in water, but there was no one around to witness it, except himself and Philip.

How do you know that no on was around? Pure speculation on your part.

Jesus is enough. He said quite clearly in John 10 that if you enter through Him you will be saved. I entered through Jesus and I was saved. End of point. My salvation was secure in the Lord Jesus, our eternal God. Now we are to be baptized to symbolize the work Christ has already done. A reading of Acts proves this.

Edgar, A reading of Acts of the Apostles proves my point.

c.moore

Carri you said:
You can say all you want that we "baptism believers" keep adding the word "water" into scripture concerning baptism, but we can turn right around and say that you "faith only" believers keep adding the word "spiritual" into scripture where it doesn't appear. Maybe you should step back and look at the big picture--the entire Bible is comprised of a lot more than just a few verses that say "we are saved by faith."

quote c.moore
Then why don`t we close our eyes to baptism and Just leave the salvation deliverance to Jesus, and nobody can add.:D

Let God bless you

Apollos

Baptism is a "witness" of what?? Got a scripture??

Baptism is a "witness" of what?? Got a scripture??

Freak -

I need the scripture that says water baptism is a "witness" of anything...

AND

that water baptism is a "symbol" of anything. Got those ??

And please explain from scripture how one "enters" Jesus or through Jesus. What saith the scriptures on how to "enter" ???

Thankx!!

Apollos

It may not be permitted - but it is allowed (?)

It may not be permitted - but it is allowed (?)

agape -
The Word of God clearly teaches that the only baptism required of the Church today is the baptism in holy spirit

BALONEY!! The Bible does not teach this and this would be a direct contradiction of Paul's teaching and practice. You do not know what water baptism is FOR and what it DOES !!! The same applies to your knowledge of HS baptism.

In reference to Acts 8 and the eunuch, I have never seen so much read into so little before. You can probably read there that the eunuch was riding in a Cadillac - yes??

Freak

Apollos,

The Scriptures are quite clear.

We enter through "faith" (see Ephesians 2:8-9).

Water baptism is just that water baptism. It does not save. Water was created by the Creator. I ask people to surrender to the Creator instead of the created.

Look up the word "witness", Apollos and see for yourself.

HopeofGlory

Agape

You said:
In this record, Philip, (a born-again believer), baptized the eunuch with water at the time of the eunuch's acceptance of Christ. Why would Philip baptize the eunuch with water when water baptism was totally unnecessary for salvation? Simply because the eunuch asked him to!

Reply:
Phillip water baptized the eunuch becaused he believed the gospel as John the Baptist preached it, as did Peter.

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. Acts 10:35 (KJV)
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) Acts 10:36 (KJV)
That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; Acts 10:37 (KJV)

What scriptures can you offer as proof that Phillip was a "born again believer? What is it that we must believe to be born again?
Did Peter believe that works of righteousness were required? I believe he did and it is evident he commanded the Gentile Cornelius to be water baptized.

You said:
The word "mayest" (exesti)means "lawful," "permitted," "allowed." The eunuch had asked Philip if there was anything that would forbid his being water baptized. Philip does nor debate the doctrine of baptism with eunuch. He answers "If you believe with all your heart, it's permitted - it's allowed - it's not against the law." Philip's concern wasn't water. His concern was that the eunuch believed what he spoke to him regarding Jesus Christ. That was the all-important issue! The eunuch told him what Philip needed to know.

Acts 8:37b
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Reply:
Are you saying that all the eunuch had to believe was that Jesus was the Son of God to receive the Holy Ghost? The devils believe this much! If water baptism was for remission under the law do you think Phillip should have been concerned as to the belief of the eunuch. Paul did say....For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of NONE EFFECT. 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)

You said:
Philip knew the critical issue was the eunuch's acceptance of Jesus Christ. Having that assurance from him, Philip knew the eunuch was born again, baptized with the holy spirit. He then gladly water baptized him for the sole reason that the eunuch requested him to.

Reply:
Exactly what did the eunuch say that gave Phillip this assurance?
If the eunuch requested water baptism then we can assume he believed it was required for salvation as taught by the Baptist. If not please explain why the eunuch requested water baptism.

You said:
It is not a sin to be baptized with water. It is simply not necessary.

Reply:
Is it a sin to believe water baptism is for remission of sins?

In Christ
Craig