The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

HopeofGlory

Kevin

You said:
It's not possible for the faith to be delivered ONE time for ALL people if people get TWO different messages.

My reply:

Peter said:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and ""worketh righteousness, is accepted with him""". Acts 10:35 (KJV)
The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) Acts 10:36 (KJV)
That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; Acts 10:37 (KJV)

What did Jesus say about this ""circumcision"" message?

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: Matt. 10:5 (KJV)
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matt. 10:6 (KJV)

Paul's message to the uncircumcision:

""Not by works of righteousness"" which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5 (KJV)
6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; Titus 3:6 (KJV)

But contrariwise, when they saw that the """gospel of the uncircumcision""" was committed unto me, as the """gospel of the circumcision""" was unto Peter; Gal. 2:7 (KJV)
(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) Gal. 2:8 (KJV)

Peter's message for remisssion:

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins..... Acts 2:38 (KJV)

Paul's message for remission:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; Rom. 3:25 (KJV)
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Rom. 3:26 (KJV)

They ARE NOT the same!!!!

In Christ
Craig

HopeofGlory

Kevin:

You said:
And Hope - you really don't understand what the flesh is all about. Baptism (in water) is not a, in your words,: """selfish ambition"""" heresies"""" seditions""""

My response:

For Christ sent me not to baptize (in water for remission), but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 1 Cor. 1:17 (KJV)
For the preaching of the cross (shed blood for remission) is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor. 1:18 (KJV)

In context Paul said "lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect". Paul knew that if they "believed" water baptism was "for remission of sins" then the new testament of "the shed blood of Christ form remission of sins" would be made of none effect.

Compare to:

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, "teaching for doctrines the commandments of men". Mark 7:7 (KJV)
For laying aside the commandment of God, "ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups": and many other such like things ye do. Mark 7:8 (KJV)
And he said unto them, Full well "ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition". Mark 7:9 (KJV)
For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: Mark 7:10 (KJV)
But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, "that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free". Mark 7:11 (KJV)
And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; Mark 7:12 (KJV)
"Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition", which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Mark 7:13 (KJV)

In Christ
Craig

HopeofGlory

Kevin:

You said:
Your doctrines are based on "progressive revelations", which I don't believe to be supported by the bible.

My reply:

Progressive revelations!!!!

Jesus stated that Peter would be converted at a later date (Luke 22:32). This statement of Jesus was made right after He offered the "new testament in His blood" (John 6:53-56) of which the apostles replied "who can hear (believe) it" (John 6:60). To say that Peter understood that Christ would die for His sins is to deny clear scripture to the contrary. When Jesus began teaching Peter of His death Peter spoke against it and Jesus replied...Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be "of men"( Matt. 16:23).
We know Peter did not understand the clear teachings of Jesus...how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day( Matt. 16:21) because after His resurrection...he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen (Mark 16:14). Peter's conversion continued after Pentecost for he was instructed...Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Mark 16:15) but Peter had this to say concerning Cornelius....Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation ( Acts 10:28).....That is in direct opposition to the great commission. At the Jerusalem council Paul confronts Peter... I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed (Gal. 2:11). Peter admits the things he did not understand but were revealed to Paul....As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction (2 Pet. 3:16).

The apostles were slow to learn and were in error concerning the death of Christ (Matt. 16:23), the new testament (John 6:60),the resurrection of Christ (Mark 16:14), the great commission (Acts 10:28), eating with Gentiles , circumcision, the law of works (Gal. 2), and such errors are NOT taught by the Holy Spirit. Therefore we can know Peter did not understand “all things” at Pentecost yet the Holy Spirit would bring them to his remembrance at a later date. What we learn from this is the doctrines of men are not God’s but the truth would be revealed by progressive revelation of which was fulfilled with the teachings of Paul.

As also in all his epistles (Paul‘s), speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 2 Pet. 3:16 (KJV)
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 2 Pet. 3:17 (KJV)

Peter credited Paul as the one who delivered the things that were "hard to be understood" and had this to say about those who would not accept Paul’s teachings.

Paul was the first man to reveal the "new" testament in the blood of Christ for remission of sins and it is clear and to the point for all who have ears to hear.

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins (not water baptism) that are past, through the forbearance of God; Rom. 3:25 (KJV)
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Rom. 3:26 (KJV)
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Rom. 3:27 (KJV)
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Rom. 3:28 (KJV)

Here Peter, after his conversion, backs up the truth of Paul’s words:

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 1 Pet. 3:21 (KJV)

The baptism that "saves" is an "operation of God" not man and Peter gives that meaning further clarity when he says "not the putting away of the filth of the flesh" i.e. water baptism but (note the contrast) "the answer of a good conscience" i.e. faith.

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.Col. 2:12 (KJV)
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Col. 2:13 (KJV)

We must remove this works option of water baptism for remission (Acts 2:38)and leave only the finished work of Christ (Matt. 26:28) for remission of sins. I believe in progressive revelation in respect to what the listeners believed and what their actions and words testify as compared to the new testament. It cannot be said that every word the apostles spoke at Pentecost was Spirit inspired truth concerning the "new" testament but it can be said that every word of Christ is the gospel delivered once and for all.

In Christ
Craig

c.moore

JustAchristian said:
There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism

quote c.moore
Then if this is true what you say, then tell me what this mean to you sence you rightly divide the Word of God!

Ac:1:5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

What is this Holy Ghost baptism?

1Co:12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Joh:1:33: And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Look the spirit must be in you to be alive in christ and this doesn`t happen by water, but by letting christ in your heart :
Ro:8:9: But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Ro:8:10: And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Lu:3:16: John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
Ac:11:16: Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Every sinner who now gets converted and believes the gospel receives the Holy Spirit, who then indwells him; simultaneously he is added as a member to the body of Christ which was formed on pentecost through the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Let God bless you

c.moore

hello Jerry Shugart

Do you believe that in mark 16:16 the baptism mention in the verse is talking about a Spiritual baptism and not a water baptism?

thank you
God Bless you

c.moore

It looks like Kevin won`t answer this so maybe someone else that believes in the water baptism is salvation can answer this, it`s really not hard, but I can prove a point from this.

at Joh:4:13: Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
Joh:4:14: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
Joh:4:15: The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

what water do you think this is that Jesus is talking about ?

Is this the natural water that she draws or is this a spiritual water?

if you say this is a spiritual water that flows from the inside of us then you can discern the same with the baptism.
the same way this is revealed about a natural thirst and a spirtual thirst is the same way we know about the baptism .

peace

c.moore

hello Jerry Shugart, and HopeofGlory

I would like to share this with you and other on this thread because this came from the church that Kevin comes from, and maybe you can help them to see the truth abiut the ritual water baptism is not salvation.
Here check this letter out that they tryed to teach me.
My Part 1:

People say that they believe baptism is a work! They do
well! And they also say that because of God's grace they
believe that a person does not have to do anything outside of
having faith and/or belief in God to be saved, and especially
they don't believe that baptism which they call a work is
necessary to be saved. The problem we have in our discussion
is that there is a conflict between a faith and belief only
supporter's definition of work and God's definition of work.
Let me tell you some things that God tells us about work.
However, in order to understand work we first need to talk
about grace.

Dictionaries describe grace as "God's unmerited favor bestowed
on sinful mankind!" Many have heard this definition of grace
as it is often quoted in commentaries, and by many speakers,
preachers and teachers. God's grace is not just an attribute
of God as some would have it, and God's grace is not
powerless; God's grace is perpetually active, demonstrating
itself to mankind in countless ways. However there are many
people who depend on grace, with no effort on their part
beyond faith and belief, to take them to a blissful eternal
home when they die; but these people are blind to the true
design and eternal purpose of God's grace. And of course
there are those others who have never even given a thought to
the existence of an afterlife much less to God's grace.

James pointed to God as the source of all good things, James
1:17, a portrait encompassing every good thing on earth is a
portrait of God's grace. Mankind's life without God's grace
is illusion, not reality. If a human being is ever to be
saved it will be by the grace of God. And Paul tells us we
are "justified freely by His grace through the redemption that
is in Christ Jesus," Romans 3:24; "For the grace of God that
brings salvation has appeared to all men," Titus 2:11.
Salvation by human effort and merit is unthinkable. Without
God's grace the presence of just one sin in a person's life
will forever seal their doom to an eternal home in hell with
Satan. And so to gain salvation and an eternal home in heaven
with God mankind must look only to God and His grace, not to
one's own merits, and certainly not to some perceived
entitlement, or any other deviation from the Truth.

Human beings owe their very existence to God's grace! Did
mankind deserve to be created? If it were a world of
perfection and innocence could mankind, the created, deserve
even a solitary gift from the hand of God, the Creator? Even
in that perfect world of the Garden of Eden the first man and
woman were recipients of the grace of God. Prior to sin that
was brought into the world by Adam and Eve, could that first
human pair have looked toward heaven and described even their
smallest blessing as owed to them? God forbid!

God is not in debt to mankind. God does not owe humanity
anything, the very nature of grace brands mankind as the
eternal debtor. If a human being could live trillions of
years one could never perform enough work and good deeds so
that God would be in their debt. In spite of all the notable
works that an individual might accomplish in their lifetime
the term unprofitable is irrevocably attached to everyone's
name, Luke 17:10. And so whatever God does for a human being
is based on His grace, not on merit, not on works.

Genesis 3:6 tells us about the introduction of sin into the
world by that first man and woman, and the moment sin became a
reality, God's grace that is eternal took on it's destined
purpose, the purpose of salvation for lost sinful mankind. At
the first appearance of sin, as God planned before creation,
our Lord and Savior headed toward Calvary. When sin became a
reality, the cross became a necessity! Sin rendered a human
being's eternal habitation with God terminally helpless.
Without the work of Christ on Golgotha's mound a human being
is as helpless as a grain of sand. If mankind were severed
from the work of Christ and His death on the cross, every
single step taken by anyone would be a backward step. Without
our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, mankind is eternally lost
from God, lost yesterday, lost today, lost tomorrow, and lost
forever!

Our protection of God's grace is boundless, it is as vast as
eternity. But we must understand that it is not from the work
of God's grace alone that we receive God's gifts. Mankind
must do their part! Now that sin has come into the world
human beings must work in order to benefit from God's rich
provisions of grace, this work encompasses both the physical
and the spiritual; the cost of the physical gift of grace is
manual labor and the cost of the spiritual gift of grace is
obedience.

Physical sustenance - to live on earth - is a gift of grace
that can't be bought, just as it was with Adam and Eve in the
garden. But now that sin has come into the world a tremendous
amount of human effort must be exerted by mankind in order to
receive this gift and live a comfortable, pleasing life while
here on earth. The physical gift of grace is simply not free
as some would have it. Humanity must work with sufficient
effort in order to harvest the necessary materials that they
need for their livelihood, they must either work for the
harvest or they must work for others so that they may
accumulate the funds necessary to purchase their food,
clothing and shelter from the harvesters.

Spiritual sustenance - to live an everlasting life with God -
is a gift of grace that can't be bought. But now that sin has
come into the world a tremendous amount of human effort must
be exerted by mankind in order to be saved and live with God
eternally. The spiritual gift of grace is simply not free as
some would have it. God cannot bind grace by saving those who
refuse or neglect to submit to His will, we know this for a
certainty because we are told in God's Word that God cannot
lie, Titus 1:2, Hebrews 6:18, or change His mind, Malachi 3:6,
Romans 11:29. God's unchangeable will demands obedience,
Jesus clearly identified the saved as those who, "do the will
of my Father which is in heaven," Matthew 7:21. The Son
Christ Jesus is the source of eternal salvation, but only for
those who OBEY God, "and, having been made perfect, He became
the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him," Hebrews
5:9. We cleanse our souls by obedience; purification from
sin by grace through Christ's blood is the result of OBEYING
the Truth, "Since you have purified your souls in obeying the
truth," I Peter 1:22.

Therefore salvation is "by grace through faith," Ephesians
2:8, now made known "for obedience to the faith," Romans
16:26, and that "faith works through love," Galatians 5:6. Of
course we must have faith and belief in God to be saved; but
it is imperative that we understand that the Word of God makes
it very clear that we must have the gift of God's grace to be
saved, and that God's grace does include obedience on our
part, and that obedience is commanded by God, "According to
the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the
faith," Romans 16:26.

The words "work, works, worked, working, worker, workman,
workfellow, workmanship," is used over 600 times in the
Scriptures, and in the passages where they appear God tells us
about all kinds of work, including physical and spiritual
work, and merited and unmerited work. So what does God make
known to mankind about work in these passages? From the very
beginning we can know that God demands work from humanity, He
tells us that He works; God is our pattern for work, "And on
the seventh day God ended His work which He had done; and He
rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had
done," Genesis 2:2. Why God even tells us about the work of
that old devil Satan, "the work of Satan displayed in all
kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and lying wonders," II
Thessalonians 2:9. God works, the devil works, and so must
mankind work. We human beings must do the work God has
commanded us to do if we want to live with Him in heaven for
eternity; otherwise Satan will welcome anyone who doesn't do
God's will with open arms to live with him in hell for
eternity, and that old devil doesn't require work or anything
else from mankind, he just lays in wait for the disobedient to
die.

It looks like we've found the problem! Definition! Grace
defines work as obedience to God. And those who believe in
faith and/or belief only salvation define work as "merited
favor," the labor by one's own self for a prize. Let's look
at some of the things the Word of God tells us about work.
James makes this so very clear, "But someone will say, you
have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your
works, and I will show you my faith by my works, You believe
that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe,
and tremble. But will you know, O vain man, that faith
without works is dead? Was not Abraham justified by works,
when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? See that
faith was working together with works, and by works faith was
made perfect? And Scripture was fulfilled which said, Abraham
believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by
faith only. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so
faith without works is dead also," James 2:18-26.

The Holy Spirit reveals God's grace through the inspired
writers of God's Word. God's grace teaches. Grace teaches
mankind regarding things to do and things not to do, Titus
2:11-12. Grace teaches humanity how to enter God's presence.
Grace has provided a pattern whereby we might be saved, and we
must be saved or we cannot approach God. Grace entreats
sinful human beings to wash in the fountain of Christ's blood
through water burial into Him and His church, and only then
may a person come with trembling awe and reverential fear into
the majestic presence of God.

We read throughout Scripture that if we want to be saved by
God's grace we must work, some of the works we must do include
hearing, Romans 10:17, Acts 16:32; believing, Mark 16:16,
Hebrews 11:6, John 8:24, 20:31; repenting, Acts 2:38, 17:30,
Luke 13:3; confessing, Romans 10:9-10, Acts 8:37; baptism,
Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, I Peter 3:21, Romans 6:3-4; obedience,
Hebrews 5:9, James 2:18; faith, Romans 5:1-2, Acts 26:18;
faithful christian living, I Peter 2:11-12, Revelation 2:10.
As we've discovered all of these take effort, all of these are
works, all of these demand our obedience, obedience to God
that is according to His will and His commands for our works,
Matthew 7:21, Romans 16:26, Hebrews 5:9,13:21, I Peter 1:22.

Yes, faith and belief are works, two of the number of works
that God commands us to do along with baptism; many fight
against having to do works, but that is the very thing that
they are doing if they declare faith and belief in God. So
you see, if we don't work as God has commanded us to do that
old devil is waiting there with open arms. You do well to
believe that baptism is a work, because without baptism and
all of the other works that God commands us to do, including
the works of faith and belief, we cannot enter Christ's church
and God's kingdom.

Human beings hate rules, people do not like to be told what to
do, consequently they continually question those who remind
them of the rules, but that is human nature. And so to defy
the rules, the obedience that God demands of them, the Faith
and/or Belief Only Salvationists teach a counterfeit grace.
But the imitation grace of Faith and/or Belief Only Salvation
is fallacy and alien to the grace of God. Let's look at some
of the fallacies that are championed by the supporters and
defenders of Faith and/or Belief Only Salvation:
* Faith and/or Belief Only will not listen to God's grace.
* Faith and/or Belief Only will not learn what it disputes.
* Faith and/or Belief Only is too busy marching to the
beat of it's own drum to want to know the Truth.
* Faith and/or Belief Only is the worldly pointing to God's
commands and arrogantly saying, "It's no big deal."
* Faith and/or Belief Only is mankind arrogantly promoting
what God hates.
* Faith and/or Belief Only is humanity attempting to
nullify God's laws and commands.
* Faith and/or Belief Only is the arrogance of self will
replacing the church for which Jesus died with a
Counterfeit Denominational Church or some other
religion.
* Faith and/or Belief Only is the arrogance of worldly men
and women making Christ's true church for which
Jesus died a target of ridicule and mockery.
* Faith and/or Belief Only falsely teaches the destruction
of the New Testament pattern, and even denies the
existence of the pattern.
* Faith and/or Belief Only falsely teaches fellowship with
the false teachers and change agents of the world.
* Faith and/or Belief Only falsely teaches a grace that it
does not understand.

Faith and/or Belief Only Salvation is the spirit of Cain's
receiving the grace of God in vain, II Corinthians 6:2, at the
altar of self will, Genesis 4:5; Nadab and Ahihu's nullifying
grace with strange fire, Leviticus 10:1-2; Jereboam's sinning
against grace with a perverted pattern of worship devised of
his own heart, I Kings 12:33; and the Pharisees' spurning
grace with humanly contrived vain worship, Matthew 15:9.

To summarize this study I'll repeat the following two
paragraphs from one of my earlier messages:

God cannot have made it any clearer that it is through Christ
that we are saved by God's grace. From the first chapter
through the last chapter of the Bible God tells us that it is
our response of submission and obedience to His grace whereby
we may be saved. Grace is God's loving planned gift to
mankind, planned by Him before the creation of the world, a
gift God tells us throughout the Scriptures that He planned
with a purpose and an intent. The purpose, to save mankind;
the intent, that it is mankind's response of submission and
obedience to God's gift of grace that we may receive salvation
and gain eternal life in heaven, and that a part of God's plan
includes punishment of eternal life in hell if we disobey Him.

ALL the things that God tells us in the Scriptures about
salvation as a whole are vital to being saved, NOT JUST ONE.
We cannot seek out certain passages and stop there. We cannot
say, "Believing sounds fine, I'll just take John 3:16." We
cannot say, "Faith sounds easy, so Romans 3:28 is for me." We
cannot say, "Confessing and belief sounds like all I need,
I'll take Romans 10:9-10." We cannot even say, "Baptism for
remission of my sins sounds like all I will ever need, so I'll
just take Acts 2:38 and do no more." We must not say that
baptism is the only thing that is needed to be saved, although
without baptism we cannot be saved at all, without baptism we
cannot enter Christ's church and God's kingdom. God tells us
in His Word that if we pick and choose only one or a few of
the commands that He has given to us and think that we are
saved, we are wrong. In other words if we try to stand on
anything less than all of God's commands we have believed in
vain and we will be eternally lost, James 2:10. You see God
doesn't give us a menu of commands to choose from, we cannot
say I'll do these two, or I'll just take that one, and think
we are saved, we must obey every command on the menu! Yes,
we must submit to God and obey His every command in the New
Testament in order to be saved, Hebrews 2:3.

Gene LittleJohns, <1cor118@flash.net>

The above comments and answers are my own understanding of the
Scriptures, II Timothy 2:15, 3:16. God's Word teaches us that
it is not the duty of the church to make laws, but to obey the
laws and commands in the New Testament of the Scriptures which
are made by God and the Head of the church, which is Christ
Jesus, Matthew 28:18, Colossians 1:18,24.

Copyright 2002, by Gene LittleJohns, reproduction and
distribution of this writing is encouraged, it may be freely
distributed.

this is so dogmatic I had to pass it on, and this is only part1:rolleyes:

God Bless you

Jerry Shugart

JustACHristian,

You again ignore Scripture when you say that were baptized into Christ by a "water baptism".

You have NO SCRIPTUAL support for such a statement.In fact,in order to say that you have to ignore the Scriptual passages that states in no uncertain terms that we are BAPTIZED into the Body of Christ by the SPIRIT(1Cor.12:13).

You just can´t seem to realize that that verse is there!

Even though Scripture speaks of the "unity of the SPIRIT",saying that there is only ONE BAPTISM,you think that the SPIRIT BAPTISM mentioned at 1Cor.12:13 is NOT the "one baptism",and instead you believe that a baptism in WATER is the "one baptism".Even though the subject is the "unity of the SPIRIT",and all the other elements are SPIRITUAL in nature,you choose the water baptism (which is NOT spiritual) to the exclusion of one baptism that is SPIRTUAL.

You believe that Cornelius was not even saved until he was water baptized,even though before he was baptized in water he had believed in Christ,he had received the remission of sins and the Holy Spirit had fallen upon Him.

When it comes to the subject of "water baptism",it seems as if there is nOTHING that you won´t believe!

You believe that Paul was teaching that one must be baptized in water in order to be saved,and you can believe this DESPITE the fact that Paul never once says those words.Despite all the many instances where we see Paul preaching,NOT EVEN ONCE do we hear him say to be water baptized to be saved.But you insist that he was preaching that.And you can believe that despite the fact that Paul said:

"For Christ sent me NOT TO BAPTIZE but to preach the gospel"(1Cor.1:17).

In fact,by your teaching one would get the idea that Paul must have been baptizing thousands of repentent sinners during his missionary travels,but that does not match the words of Paul himself:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you,but Crispus and Gaius,lest anyone say that I had baptized in mine own name.And I baptized the household of Stephanas;besides that I know not whether I baptized any other"(1Cor.1:14-16).

If "baptizing in water" was necessary for salvation,why would Paul say,"I thank God that I baptized none of you but..."?

If he was sent to baptize sinners in water in order to save them,why would Paul say,"I thank God I baptized none of you but..."?

In HIs grace,--Jerry

Last edited:
P

Pilgrimagain

why is it an either or question? And is it a question that should stir up such dissension?

Jerry Shugart

c. moore,

I believe that Mark 16:16 refers to a "water baptism".

But I do not believe that the Lord is making submitting to a rite of water baptism a "condition" for salvation.

I believe that the Lord is saying that He knows that all who believe will submit to the rite through the "obedience of faith".

If the requirement for salvation was "faith" and "water baptism",it seems as if the Lord would have said,

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;but he that believeth not shall be damned,and he that will not submit to the rite of water baptism shall be damned."

But He says nothing about being damned for refusing to submit to the rite of water baptism.

The Lord KNOWS,through His foreknowledge,that all those who believe would submit to the rite through the obedience of faith.

Faith comes first,then obedience.

In His grace,--Jerry

c.moore

Jerry Shugart

I believe the very same as you and I have made the same statement about Mark 16:16, and I tried to show that those who don`t believe or is unbeliever will be damned.
I just wanted to see if you had the same spirit if understand as myself.

what do you think about the letter I posted from one of Kevin leaders of his church????
ain`t this a same how they put the carriot before the horses??

by the way do you belong to a church and what`s denomination is it????

I see they must have good anointed teaching for you or you are blessed with understanding of the Word of God.

God bless you
peace:up:

Last edited:

JustAChristian

The One Baptism.

The One Baptism.

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart
JustAChristian,

Much of the discussion on this thread is on the "one baptism" of Ephesians 4:5.

If the "one baptism" is the "Spirit baptism",then it would be very difficult to argue that it is water baptism that is necessary for salvation.

"Endeavoring to keep the unity of the SPIRIT in the bond of peace.

"There is one Body,and one Spirit,even as you are called in one hope of your calling;

"One Lord,one faith,one baptism,

"One God and Father of all,Who is above all,and through all,and in you all"(Eph.4:3:6).

Notice--these things are in reference to the "unity of the Spirit",and all the things listed are spiritual things.

We are told by Paul to compare "spiritual things with spiritual"(1Cor.2:13).

We should not mix natural,earthly,and temporal things with spiritual,heavenly,and eternal things.

One Body--The Holy Spirit baptizes us into the Body of Christ.Our citizenship is in heaven and the Lord God has "raised us up together,and made us sit together in HEAVENLY PLACES in Christ Jesus"(Eph.2:6).The body is built "togetherfor an habitation of God through the Spirit"(Eph.2:22).

One Spirit--The Holy Spirit

One Hope--This is the "blessed hope",the Rapture.This is when we will put on our "spiritual,heavenly and eternal bodies (1Cor.44-54) and enter the eternal state.

One Lord--The Lord Jesus Christ,"Now to the King eternal,immortal,invisible,the only wise God"(1Tim.1:17).

One Faith--The word "faith" is used to mean the contents of our faith--the gospel of our salvation."Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament,not of the letter,but of the Spirit...the Spirit giveth life"(2Cor.3:6).

One Baptism--"For by one Spirit are we baptized into one Body...the Body of Christ"(1Cor.12:13).

One God and Father--"...for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.God is a Spirit;and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth"(Jn.4:23,24).

So all the different things listed in the "unity of the SPIRIT" are all spiritual things.

Please consider the fact that "water" is not a heavenly,spiritual element.It does not fit in with all the other spiritual things.

In His grace,--Jerry

If the "one baptism" is the "Spirit baptism",then it would be very difficult to argue that it is water baptism that is necessary for salvation.

WEll, now, Jerry! You've got yourself in a pickel! If you are going to contend that the one baptism of Ephesians 4 is Holy Spirit baptism then you're going to have the apostles and preachers going into all the world baptiszing with Holy Spirit baptism. Do preachers have that commission today? I though John the baptist said that Jesus would be the one to do this. Maybe I missed something somewhere. Can you show me the verse where preachers today can baptize with the Holy Spirit?

We should not mix natural,earthly,and temporal things with spiritual,heavenly,and eternal things.

I'll give you that point, Jerry, you've worked pretty hard on this post!

One Baptism--"For by one Spirit are we baptized into one Body...the Body of Christ"(1Cor.12:13).

Without scriptural authority, Jerry has made two baptisms where there is one. He believes in Holy Spirit baptism today and he believes in water baptism (though not for the same reason the bible expresses). This makes two doesn't it? Where is your authority for two when the verse says there is one ?

Please consider the fact that "water" is not a heavenly,spiritual element.It does not fit in with all the other spiritual things.

Your statement is bold but hardly justifiable. What Jesus has given application to is indeed spiritual. The preachers of the first century took believers down into the water and they were baptized. Peter gives credit to the spirituality of water when he says: "...Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by WATER. The like figure whereunto even BAPTISM doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 3:19-21). You need to check these verses out better, Jerry!

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

You should't be asking for help!

You should't be asking for help!

Originally posted by c.moore
hello Jerry Shugart

Do you believe that in mark 16:16 the baptism mention in the verse is talking about a Spiritual baptism and not a water baptism?

thank you
God Bless you

c.moore,

Shame on you! Running off to ask help on your post! You shouldn't be asking Jerry for answers. Don't you know that the bible says: "...and if the blind lead the blind, they both shall fall into the ditch!" Repent, and do the first works!

JustAChristian

c.moore

JustAchristian said:
There is not a spiritual baptism and a water baptism

quote c.moore
Then if this is true what you say, then tell me what this mean to you sence you rightly divide the Word of God ok ????????????

Ac:1:5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

What is this Holy Ghost baptism?

1Co:12:13: For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Joh:1:33: And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Look the spirit must be in you to be alive in christ and this doesn`t happen by water, but by letting christ in your heart :
Ro:8:9: But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Ro:8:10: And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Lu:3:16: John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
Ac:11:16: Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Every sinner who now gets converted and believes the gospel receives the Holy Spirit, who then indwells him; simultaneously he is added as a member to the body of Christ which was formed on pentecost through the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

by the way I would like to say that I like to test the fruits and see if they are from God that why I ask about mark 16:16 to see where jerry is comming from praise God.

Let God bless you

Jerry Shugart

JustAChristian,

You jump to unwarranted conclusions concerning my beliefs in regard to the Holy Spirit.

Please consider the fact that a rite of water baptism is a public act performed by man,and man can fix the date and hour of that rite.The new birth of the Spirit is altogether the work of God.And the Lord Jesus declared that no man can forecast the work of the Spirit and no man can command it:

"The Spirit breathes where He wills,and thou heareth His voice,but knowest not whence He cometh and whither He goeth:SO IS EVERY ONE THAT IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT"(Jn.3:8).

Take the New Birth of Peter,for example.After Peter had been around the Lord Jesus,he became aware that Jesus is indeed the Son of God,the promised Messiah.Later,the Lord asked Peter whom he thought the Lord was:

"He saith unto them,But Who say ye that I am?

"And Simon Peter answered and said,Thou art the Christ,the Son of the living God.

"And Jesus answered and said unto him,Blessed art thou,Simon Barjona,for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,but My Father,Who is in heaven"(Mt.16:15-17).

At the moment that Peter realized that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Messiah and the Son of God,he was "born of God":

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...for whoever is born of God overcometh the world;and this is the victory that overcometh the world,even our faith.Who is he that overcometh the world,but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God"(1Jn.5:1,4,5).

In this baptism it is the Spirit that baptizes the believer into life.On the other hand,the baptism at Pentecost was different.The Lord Jesus Himself is the baptizer,and this baptism is not unto life.Instead,it is for "power":

"But ye shall receive power after the Holy Spirit is come upon you;and ye shall be witnesses unto Me"(Acts1:8).This power was so that His disciples could "CONFIRM the word with signs following"(Mk.16:20).

So you jumped to a false conclusion when you assumed that the baptism at Pentecost is the same baptism that giveth life.

And 1Peter3:19-21 does not have anything to do with a "water baptism".The "water" saved those in the ark (notice that this is not a water baptism,especially since by your own words a water baptism immerses that which is baptized,and neither the people nor the ark were immersed in water).The "baptism" in verse 21 is not referred to as a "water baptism",but simply as the "baptism " that saves us.And "it is the Spirit that giveth life"(Jn.6:63),and it is the Spirit that baptizes us into Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body...the Body of Christ"(1Cor.12:13,27).

In His grace,--Jerry

Last edited:

elected4ever

Re: The One Baptism.

Re: The One Baptism.

Originally posted by JustAChristian

Your statement is bold but hardly justifiable. What Jesus has given application to is indeed spiritual. The preachers of the first century took believers down into the water and they were baptized. Peter gives credit to the spirituality of water when he says: "...Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by WATER. The like figure whereunto even BAPTISM doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 3:19-21). You need to check these verses out better, Jerry!

JustAChristian

Where do you get off thinking that the one baptism has anything to do with warter Baptism. It is the emershion of the beliver into the Holy Spirit and has nothing to do with water baptism.

Water baptism is " the answer of a good conscience to ward God ". Not a salvation experence. Water baptism is an earthly picture of what has already been performed in a believers heart.

The one baptism is an act of the Holy Spirit that occures at the time of the new birth. It happens "ONE TIME FOR ALL TIME":confused: :) ;)

Last edited:

c.moore

dan37

Water baptism is " the answer of a good conscience to ward God ". Not a salvation experence. Water baptism is an earthly picture of what has already been performed in a believers heart.

The one baptism is an act of the Holy Spirit that occures at the time of the new birth. It happens "ONE TIME FOR ALL

Those christian that are decieved that water baptism is salvation can`t accept and will not believe that the water baptism is only for the earthly testimony and A outward example on what happen in the spirit when a person get saved.

Welcome to the battle with the scubba divers .