The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

rene

Are those who believed condemned according to Mark16??

You HONESTLY don't know of other verses?? You write as if there is only ONE when such is NOT the fact.

Here are some spoken by Jesus and those that followed and shared His teachings:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The significance of baptism as shown within scripture:

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Examples of baptism from the bible:

Believers at Pentecost, Acts w:41
Converts in Samaria, Acts 8:12
The Ethiopian Eunuch, Acts 8:38
Saul of Tarsus, Acts 9:18
Lydia of Thyatira, Acts 16:15
Philippian Jailer and Household, Acts 16:33
Believers in Corinth, Acts 18:8
Ephesian Disciples, Acts 19:5

Diverting from the teaching taught by Jesus and found being followed, shared with, and practiced with those that they came in contact within the bible with claims of "minor" of the very words of JESUS more than calls into question claims that someone is saying that they follow but use the buffet approach to pick what they want from the gospel. Those sort of actions do NOT reflect one following. It shows one that picks what they want to do. That such has been done by one that claims to share the 'gospel' - it does make me wonder what 'gospel' it is that they follow since the words of Jesus are minor in their view. Keyword there is their view.

WHen someones view isn't in line with what is within the scripture, suggestions that the teachings of Jesus are minor - - what is a person that does such? Who are they really following?

It doesn't matter what you or I think if it suggests something within the bible said by Jesus Himself is minor. Not if one really is a Christian, really is following Jesus.

When such a person attempts to suggest that another is "demonized that is doing all of what I have written of- is that the type of person you follow vs Jesus and His teachings?

Claims of Christianity does not make one a Christian. Following His words, His teachings, not picking and making choice of which ones - THAT is a Christian. You have to follow Him - or your not in relationship.

NONE of the teachings of Jesus is "minor". Not to a Christian.

Last edited:

rene

Can you not read the scriptures I wrote out for you?

You avoid the points made - not that well........

JustAChristian

Re: Re: The Bible Said It Was Water!

Re: Re: The Bible Said It Was Water!

Originally posted by Freak

Strong words from a demonized man.

Mark 16:16 continues with this...

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Not believing will bring eternal hell not the absence of water.

Freak,

I have been away from the computer for a week. Sorry that I have not responded to your post, but I did not have my password for Theology ONline with me.

Yes, not believing will bring eternal hell, but believing and being baptized will bring eternal glory. This is what the Ethiopian eunuch discovered when Philip told him as he "preached Jesus"

“...And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." (Acts 8:34-37 KJV). The eunuch wasn't looking for what will condemn but what will save. He was baptized because that is what Jesus said must be done. (Ref. Mark 16:16). So, you should look to how to be saved and not to how to be condemned. Only Satan wants you to be lost and has blinded you to the truth to the extent you want investigate for yourself. Don't listen to Satan any longer. Listen to Jesus, the author of salvation (Heb. 5:9).

JustAChristian:angel:

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

JustAChristian

Strange?

Strange?

Amazing! After 286 pages it still says the same...

"... Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."(Acts 2:38 AV)

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

What Manuscript Are You Using?

What Manuscript Are You Using?

The apostle Peter made it quite clear that water isn't what saves...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time..

Is it through water or faith?

Freak,
I read Peter's account of the salvation of Noah in the 3rd chapter of his first epistle, and it says that he and his family were saved by water. Doesn't your manuscript say that? Now, I know we have to understand how the water saved them. It is when the water separated them from the sinful world. They were in the sinful surroundings but when they entered the ark and the waters raised the ark above the sinful world they were saved. It is the like manner that baptism saves us. When we obey baptism (not water regeneration) we are cleansed from sin by the blood of Jesus Christ; we are raised above the sinful world. We are raised to walk in newness of life. Until you rightly interpret the word of God it will never make sense to you.

Futhermore, you have not proven that baptism is not of faith. Infact, you have not proven anything. You try to tell me that my baptism is not an act of faith but a man made work. You are blaspheming God every time you say that. There is no place for the blasphemer except in the lake of fire in the judgment.

JustAChristian :angel:

Last edited:

rene

Originally posted by c.moore

Where???:confused:

You act as if there is only ONE VERSE that speaks of baptism - but ignore all those that I listed previously - - and now will list yet again.

You HONESTLY don't know of other verses?? You write as if there is only ONE when such is NOT the fact.

Here are some spoken by Jesus and those that followed and shared His teachings:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The significance of baptism as shown within scripture:

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Examples of baptism from the bible:

Believers at Pentecost, Acts w:41
Converts in Samaria, Acts 8:12
The Ethiopian Eunuch, Acts 8:38
Saul of Tarsus, Acts 9:18
Lydia of Thyatira, Acts 16:15
Philippian Jailer and Household, Acts 16:33
Believers in Corinth, Acts 18:8
Ephesian Disciples, Acts 19:5

Diverting from the teaching taught by Jesus and found being followed, shared with, and practiced with those that they came in contact within the bible with claims of "minor" of the very words of JESUS more than calls into question claims that someone is saying that they follow but use the buffet approach to pick what they want from the gospel. Those sort of actions do NOT reflect one following. It shows one that picks what they want to do. That such has been done by one that claims to share the 'gospel' - it does make me wonder what 'gospel' it is that they follow since the words of Jesus are minor in their view. Keyword there is their view.

WHen someones view isn't in line with what is within the scripture, suggestions that the teachings of Jesus are minor - - what is a person that does such? Who are they really following?

It doesn't matter what you or I think if it suggests something within the bible said by Jesus Himself is minor. Not if one really is a Christian, really is following Jesus.

When such a person attempts to suggest that another is "demonized that is doing all of what I have written of- is that the type of person you follow vs Jesus and His teachings?

Claims of Christianity does not make one a Christian. Following His words, His teachings, not picking and making choice of which ones - THAT is a Christian. You have to follow Him - or your not in relationship.

NONE of the teachings of Jesus is "minor". Not to a Christian.

JustAChristian

Want you obey the gospel?

Want you obey the gospel?

1 Corinthians 4:15 "For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel."

Note: We are not begotten by "faith only." It is by the gospel of Jesus Christ. This because the gospel is God power unto salvation to everyone that will believe it. You can't be saved without believing and obeying the gospel.

Galatians 3:1 "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?"

Obeying the truth places one into Christ (Heb. 5:8-9) and carries you into successful service in Christ. One can not be saved without obeying the truth.

Being baptized is obeying the truth. If not, why not? Being baptized is a faithful act. It is not a work of man. God brought about the act of immersion not man (Mark 1:4) when He sent for His prophet John in the wilderness. Then came Jesus with the message of salvation called the Good News. He commanded His apostles to preachs the gospel and baptize those who would believe it. Those who obey the gospel and lived faithfully its precepts are now with Jesus in glory. It is good news for you. Want you hear it unto salvation?

JustAChristian

rene

I am flatly SHOCKED by the comments and suggestions of the words spoken by Jesus as being "minor" and the quest to ignore the very words spoken by Him.

No place within the bible says that baptism is no longer 'important'. Nothing states that one no longer has to do it - or that it is something one can forgo if they so desire ('buffet theology' approach).

Seems that some want to forget the words of Jesus. To take such an approach does make me wonder whom they follow since it clearly isn't His teachings nor His words.

JustAChristian

When Do We Receive The Holy Spirit?

When Do We Receive The Holy Spirit?

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise"

1. Heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation

2. You believed to the fullest extent of the gospel of salvation.

4. Sealel with that Holy Spirit of promise.

The next process step, number three, is missing in this verse. Can we find this process in another verse? Yes, we find it in Acts 2:38.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." You see! We've got to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit before we can be sealed by Him. We receive Him when we are baptized into Christ for the remission of sins. What happens then if we do not receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? What does the Bible say?

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8:9).

So, when we are baptized we get the Holy Spirit of Christ as a gift (or token of our salvation) when we are baptized. It is so simple. One would have to want to miss it not to see it.

Last edited:

rene

I still am shocked that there are some that suggest that baptism is not important - even tho Jesus said such is what should be followed.

The point when mankind thinks that a person is saved - - certainly doesn't matter when they are picking and making choice of just which words it is that they are going to follow. With that buffett approach to the gospel - it is only on selected points that they do indeed follow Jesus - and only on the points that they see as not "minor'.

That approach def. does NOT reflect what Jesus taught. There are tho several scriptures within the bible that would address such an approach to the words of God's Son - and they sure are not favorable.

JustAChristian

How To Have The Spirit Of Christ.

How To Have The Spirit Of Christ.

Originally posted by c.moore

Where???:confused:

Ephesians 1:13 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise"

The next process step, number three, is missing in this verse. Can we find this process in another verse? Yes, we find it in Acts 2:38.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." You see! We've got to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit before we can be sealed by Him. We receive Him when we are baptized into Christ for the remission of sins. What happens then if we do not receive the gift of the Holy Spirit? What does the Bible say?

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8:9).

So, when we are baptized we get the Holy Spirit of Christ as a gift (or token of our salvation) when we are baptized. It is so simple. One would have to want to miss it not to see it.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

Do You Have The Holy Spirit?

Do You Have The Holy Spirit?

The apostle Peter made it quite clear that water isn't what saves...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time..

Is it through water or faith?

Freak,

So, when you are baptized you get the Holy Spirit of Christ as a gift (or token of our salvation) because we obey baptism. It is so simple. One would have to want to miss it not to see it.

JustAChristian

????!

????!

Where did everybody go??

JustAChristian :confused:

_______________________________________-

Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins. Any statement concerning salvation is conditioned on commands which originated in the mind of God. Scriptural baptism is a statement concerning salvation and is a commanded operation of God which originated in the mind of God; therefore among all statements concerning salvation is scriptural baptism and by virtue of originating from the mind of God, and not from the mind of man, is essential to our salvation in that a failure to comply with this simple act clearly demonstrates a lack of faith in His promises. Be baptized for the remission of sin for the is God's duty for man (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).

Last edited:

rene

Re: ????!

Re: ????!

Considering the things written when compared to what is within the bible and Jesus said - I understand why.

I have seen none thru out this whole thread say that faith wasn't needed - but I have seen that stated about baptism. No matter that Jesus said to do it - some seem to think that what they 'feel' is more important that His words, that His words are "minor" compared to what *they* think. When presented with the very words of the one that is claimed that is being followed - they make the choice to ignore His words in favor of their personal desire of what they want to follow.

This buffett approach to biblical teachings (pick and choose what it is that you want to follow vs following all written) causes concern on my part for anyone that would even suggest that they are teaching this 'pick and choose what you want to do' to another.

Originally posted by JustAChristian

Where did everybody go??

JustAChristian :confused:

_______________________________________-

Man can not be saved by faith without accepting baptism for the remission of sins. Any statement concerning salvation is conditioned on commands which originated in the mind of God. Scriptural baptism is a statement concerning salvation and is a commanded operation of God which originated in the mind of God; therefore among all statements concerning salvation is scriptural baptism and by virtue of originating from the mind of God, and not from the mind of man, is essential to our salvation in that a failure to comply with this simple act clearly demonstrates a lack of faith in His promises. Be baptized for the remission of sin for the is God's duty for man (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).

c.moore

rene

How do you know which verses are spritual baptism in the name of the Lord and which are water baptism??

how do you know which Word are really talking about water and not thet water of the Word of God??

Do you know that Jesus being in us is a spiritual issue??

God Bless

rene

Doesn't matter what I think, you think, or anyone thinks.

Jesus said:

Mar 16:15-16 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

I kept the quote to what was within topic - I know that there are more verses which I also agree with as well.

What you have to determine is what is more important to you - what you think is important and go with the pick and choose approach of the words of Jesus to see what you want to accept.

-OR-

You accept all that Jesus said.

It is just that simple. Not saying that you have to understand it. Not even going to say that I understand it totally.

What I am saying is that when people make comments that discount the words of Jesus and want to still be called "Christian" - it is time to do a self checkup and just what it is that you think that your following. It will end up Jesus - or your own personal picks and choices where you get to edit the Son of God.

Me - I choose Jesus and all His words.

What do YOU choose?

Rene

c.moore

rene

so everywhere you see baptism like in mark 16 or in Acts it is ónly meaing water is this corect in your gospel??