The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

HopeofGlory

Just,

How Does "The Words" Cleanse of Sins?

Faith is believing the Word of God and it is by grace through faith that we are saved and not of works.

What does that have to do with my statement? You do not disprove the requirement for immersion for the remission of sins. You only interject further declamation without purpose.

My purpose is to have all men see the fellowship of the mystery according to the eternal purpose. I believe that Christ died for my sins and through that faith I have received grace, it has nothing what so ever to do with water. Water baptism was for remission before the death of Christ so now eternal remission is by His shed blood. It is easily seen in old testament rituals that water prepared the priest to receive the sacrifice and when the priest applied the blood the people receive remission without water baptism. Water baptism was a priestly requirement under the law superceded by the blood of Christ. Christ was baptized under the law as our high Priest and having applied the blood for eternal remission He is seated at the right hand of God. The doctrine of Pentecost was prepratory in the sense that it prepared the way of the Lord. The Baptist's ministry was to manifest Christ to Israel but he was beheaded. The apostles completed that mission when all the nations of Israel gathered at Pentecost. Paul is called after Pentecost and receives revelations by the Spirit of Christ. Paul is the first apostles to reveal the new testament for remission and not once does Paul preach a baptism of repentance for remission. The Gospel of Christ was progessively revealed and fulfilled with Paul.
quote:

Divers washings have their roots in the Law and Prophets, but that is not what I said. I was talking about baptism for the remission of sins. There was and remains a difference in the act.

What is the difference and when did this change take place?

In no way do I conclude that the gift of the Holy Spirit was the baptism with the Holy Spirit! You say that water baptism can not spiritually cleanse. You are correct if you don't have the faith that you speak about. Jesus made it the point of cleansing (Acts 22:16); the point where the heart of man contacts the blood of Christ (Romans 6:3-5), and where salvation is found (1Peter 3:21; Mark 16:16). Faith alone will not save; the same faith you hold to.

Men by their hands baptize yet the true Church is a building made without hands. Spiritual in nature not visible, the circumcision of Christ is not of the flesh and so is His baptism. This operation of God places us into His body, it does not give us power as did the gift of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. I am glad that you believe water baptism has no power but neither does your obedience to it, therefore it is by 'faith of the Son of God' displayed by His obedience to the Cross and not of ourselves.I agree that 'our faith' will not save. Man's works and his faith are both fility rags but if we believe the words that testify of Christ then His faith is ours.

You do not find a single example of this in the New Testament. Did the Apostle exercise any belief prior to there experience with the baptismal measure of the Spirit? Did the believers at Pentecost experience and intervention by Jesus to baptize them with the Spirit? Jesus only baptized on two occasions. At the waiting of the apostles on Pentecost and at the household of Cornelius. Find any other occasion and my case is hopelessly lost!

Christ baptizes us by His Spirit not by His flesh. Christ did not circumcise when He walked the earth, we receive the circumcision of Christ by His Spirit and so is baptism. Paul said we are baptized by the Spirit and having had that experience I understand the terminology. This baptism is unseen thus no recorded account of this Spirtual operation. Again, what occurred at Pentecost and the Cornelius account is not baptism by the Spirit.

When Jesus said, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved," wasn't this his words? How do the words cleanse? Cleansing comes when the words are properly applied to and obeyed from the heart (Romans 6:17-18; 1 Peter 1:22-23). If not, why not? New life comes by doing what the words of Christ require. Baptism for the remission was His requirement after He sent the apostles into all the world (Matthew 28:18-20).

Yes and I believed and was baptized by His Spirit. The words of Christ are 'living water' we drink by belief and are Spiritually cleansed by His Spirit. This washing of water by the word revealed to us by His Spirit is "baptism by the Spirit".

Your Roms 6 reference has nothing to do with water baptism and your 1Peter reference speaks of being born again by the 'word' not water. Matt 28: 18-20 is not a reference to a "baptism of repentance for remission".

Obedience of the heart is believing the Spirit when the word is revealed.

Obedience of the flesh is water baptism.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

shilohproject

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Rhetoric...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Rhetoric...

Originally posted by JustAChristian
I am sorry, but nowhere are we expected to obey opinions! Opinions are like noses, we all have one! Jesus said, "Ye shall know the truth (not opinions) and the truth shall make you free" ( John 8:32)

JustAChristian
:angel:
And so you claim your opinion is the Truth and all others are...what? Or do you deny that this premiss you have offered is simply your opinion of things?

Peace.:cool:

JustAChristian

For Anyone Hoping For Glory!

For Anyone Hoping For Glory!

Originally posted by HopeofGlory

I will be answering HopeofGlory on his last post

Faith is believing the Word of God and it is by grace through faith that we are saved and not of works.

Yes, it takes faith to believe the word of God. The message of Christ accompanied by many signs and wonders were written down in order that you might believe and believing have life in His name ( John 20:30-31). You say that we are saved by grace through faith and that is true, but the grace only comes by the work on our part of believing. So, we have a work to do and that is to believe (John 6:28). We can’t get around it. We have godly works to do in order to have life. Baptism along with repentance and confession go hand and hand with believing. In fact, they are all encompassed in believing. It is a figure of speech called a “synecdoche.” That is when one word stands for the whole of anything. We could say, “It is snowing in the city!” and that covers the fact that it is snowing on Main Street, Central Ave., Broadway, Madison Ave., Washington Blvd., and all the streets and avenues. We don’t have to name wherever it is snowing, we just say “the city” and that covers it. You should be able to understand that. Check it out in the “Webster’s Unabridged.” Baptism is essential as it is a part of faith.

My purpose is to have all men see the fellowship of the mystery according to the eternal purpose. I believe that Christ died for my sins and through that faith I have received grace, it has nothing what so ever to do with water. Water baptism was for remission before the death of Christ so now eternal remission is by His shed blood. It is easily seen in old testament rituals that water prepared the priest to receive the sacrifice and when the priest applied the blood the people receive remission without water baptism. Water baptism was a priestly requirement under the law superceded by the blood of Christ. Christ was baptized under the law as our high Priest and having applied the blood for eternal remission He is seated at the right hand of God. The doctrine of Pentecost was prepratory in the sense that it prepared the way of the Lord. The Baptist's ministry was to manifest Christ to Israel but he was beheaded. The apostles completed that mission when all the nations of Israel gathered at Pentecost. Paul is called after Pentecost and receives revelations by the Spirit of Christ. Paul is the first apostles to reveal the new testament for remission and not once does Paul preach a baptism of repentance for remission. The Gospel of Christ was progessively revealed and fulfilled with Paul.

We see a lot of “types and shadows” under the Old Testaments. As washings were preparatory to offerings and sacrifices, so baptism is essential to offerings and spiritual sacrifices under the New Testament Law of Christ. This Law was initiated at Pentecost and continues today. It is the same Law that Jesus said would be first delivered at Jerusalem then Judea and the uttermost parts of the world (Like 24:46-47; Acts 1:8; Acts 26:20). All the apostles preached the same message, beginning at Jerusalem. Paul preached the same “...first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.” (Acts 26:20 AV). So what Paul preached when he was at Jerusalem he preached at all places. There was no second message exclusively for him. You try to make it appear that since Luke was not lead by inspiration to express the same statement made by Peter on Pentecost “Repent and be baptized for the remission of sins” for Paul that Paul did not have the same message. I am sure there are a lot of statements made by Peter that Paul did not make and vice versa. That proves nothing. I have shown how the same message was made by both and by all the apostles at all times. There is no dispensation of any mystery for Paul. That is Scofield doctrine found in the footnotes of many King James Version of the Bible.

One was commanded by God and given by the Law giver Moses and died with the death of the Law of Moses. The other was given by God through Christ and remains as a part of the gospel of salvation (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16).

Men by their hands baptize yet the true Church is a building made without hands.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Neither one of these statement relate to the other.
You would get a “F” in hermeneutics if you bought this statement to class. Of course, men baptize with their hands. What did you expect them to use, their feet? The spiritual house of God is made up of Christians. People who have been added to the family of God through obedience of faith (Romans 1:5; Acts 2:47).

Spiritual in nature not visible, the circumcision of Christ is not of the flesh and so is His baptism. When on sees the spiritual application of water baptism one sees the spiritual circumcism in putting off the “old man of sin.” Where is the old man put off? It is in water baptism for the remission of sins (Romans 6:3-6).

This operation of God places us into His body, it does not give us power as did the gift of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. I am glad that you believe water baptism has no power but neither does your obedience to it...

On the contrary, I believe water baptism has a lot of power! It is the command of Christ and that says a lot to me. It is effective if I use it correctly. If I don’t obey it I will be lost eternally. Yes, that says a lot to me, and not only me by millions before me.

therefore it is by 'faith of the Son of God' displayed by His obedience to the Cross and not of ourselves.I agree that 'our faith' will not save. Man's works and his faith are both fility rags but if we believe the words that testify of Christ then His faith is ours.

You talk in circles. You need to define your premise better.

Christ baptizes us by His Spirit not by His flesh.

You need to prove that someone other than the apostles and the household of Cornelius received the baptismal measure of the Holy Spirit before you can prove your case. You can’t do that, howerver.

Christ did not circumcise when He walked the earth, we receive the circumcision of Christ by His Spirit and so is baptism.

We receive the spiritual circumcism of Christ’s gospel when we put off the old man of sin. This is accomplished in baptism as Paul wrote to the Romans and I showed above.

Paul said we are baptized by the Spirit

Show us the verse.

and having had that experience I understand the terminology.

Show this legacy your proof. Give scripture for your thesis.

This baptism is unseen thus no recorded account of this Spirtual operation.

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Roman 10:17). If it was to be known and obeyed it was revealed. Anything else is insignificant. Prove what you have said or withdraw your conclusion.

Again, what occurred at Pentecost and the Cornelius account is not baptism by the Spirit.

Then it is evident that you don’t understand Holy Spirit baptism (Joel 2:28; Acts 2:1-16)

Yes and I believed and was baptized by His Spirit.

You have no scriptural proof of this statement. THE Holy Spirit fell on all them (the household of Cornelius) that heard the word” But you try to make us believe that the Holy Spirit indwells before anyone is immersed. You need to review what Peter preached on Pentecost (Acts 2:38). You need to accept this verse: Eph 1:13 “...after that ye heard (unto obedience JAC) the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, in whom also AFTER that ye believed (encompassing hearing the word, believing the gospel, repenting of sins, confessing Christ publically, and being baptized for the remission of sins) ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.” Sealing comes after hearing and believing, which is the process of obeying the gospel. There is no modern day baptism with the Holy Spirit. There is no indwelling prior to obedience.

The words of Christ are 'living water' we drink by belief and are Spiritually cleansed by His Spirit. This washing of water by the word revealed to us by His Spirit is "baptism by the Spirit".

You pick and choose what you want to “drink.” Paul delivered all the counsel of God (Acts 20:27) and the church drunk in all in. They did not pick and choose.

Your Roms 6 reference has nothing to do with water baptism and your 1Peter reference speaks of being born again by the 'word' not water. Matt 28: 18-20 is not a reference to a "baptism of repentance for remission".

Only if you are an adherent of Scofield Bible footnote teaching.

Where does the New Testament tell us that we believe the Spirit over the word? The Spirit inspired the writers and preachers to deliver the word. It is not the believers responsibility to believe the Spirit but the word.

There is nothing in the New Testament that asserts this. It takes denominational ignorance to make this statement.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

What does Jesus say is spirit? It is His words. Therefore His words makes us alive not the Holy Spirit as you want us to believe. How does the Lord’s words make us alive? We will let Peter answer that: “Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1 Peter 1:22-23 AV. So, we are made alive or born again when we obey from the heart the word of God which Jesus delivered.

A common error of denominationalism is that baptism does not save us but,

Peter said: "...The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ"(1 Peter 3:21 AV)

A common error of denominationalism is that water in John 3:5 does not mean water but Spirit.

Then this would make Jesus say: " Except a man be born of SPIRIT and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:5 AV)

A common error of denominationalism is in baptism we are WASHED WITH THE SPIRIT.

But Paul taught: "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, (Ephesians 5:25-26 AV)

When and if denominationalism gets it streight only then will their members be obedient to the word and cleansed of sins.

JustAChristian

JustAChristian

What A Stupid Question...

What A Stupid Question...

Originally posted by Freak
JustWater--

Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith or water?

Jesus proclaimed the words by which my faith is perfected. Denominationalism developed the dialogue for your spiritual conclusion. Until you come to the understanding for baptism you will never benefit from the rewards of faithful obedience ( Heb. 5:8-9). I continue to fear for you.

JustAChristian

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2 AV)

Freak

Answer the easy question:

Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith or water???????

Jesus perfects my faith and u?

JustAChristian

Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Answer the easy question:

Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith or water???????

Jesus perfects my faith and u?

:freak:

How can Jesus be perfecting your faith when you deny the faith He delivered? He said: "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." John 15:10. You believe truth is relative and can be ajusted to warrant. You might not see this directly, but when you deny the faith once delivered to all saints; the same faith that commands baptism for the remission of sin, you are worse than an infidel. There is no hope for you in your spiritual condition. I have proven that overwhelmingly.

JustAChristian :angel:

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son"(2 John 1:9)

Freak

Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

How can Jesus be perfecting your faith

The Bible says: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

When we fix our eyes upon HIM! Not on water.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

The Bible says: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

When we fix our eyes upon HIM! Not on water.

You ask for the impossible. Jesus appointed the water as a medium for the contacting of His blood (Rom. 6:3-6). Why you want see this is beyond me! There is no way to characterize faith without taking all of the Lord's teaching and commands. He said to be immersed to be saved (Mark 16:16). Peter emphasized this with his inspired text that baptism saves (1 Peter 3:21). You place you fallible mind against the wisdom and inspiration of all ages. Again, I fear for you.

JustAChristian
_________________________________-

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,[Gal.3:27, JAC] who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:1).

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

You ask for the impossible.

In light of this, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. "

If it was impossible the author wouldn't have told us to do this.

Fix your eyes on Jesus not water. Can you do this?

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

In light of this, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. "

Then why are't you willing to listen to all that Jesus had to say. Do you deny that the apostles were comissioned to go into all the world and to make disciples through teaching and baptizing them into the body? That is what Matthew was inspired to write (see Matthew 28:18-20). Why did they go a make new disciples in that manner? Because that is how Jesus said it was to be done. You can't make new disciples without first teaching them and then baptizing them. What is the end result? Mark was inspired to tell us: "He that believeth and is baptized will be saved..." (Mark 16:16). From the first sermon until this day it is still the same. It will remain the same until the judgment day. Jesus delivered the Gospel. It is the path of salvation (Romans 1:16). The gospel says to be baptized for the remission os sins (Acts 2:38). When you believer (have faith) and follow that faith in submission and obedience to the will of the Lord you will be rewarded with spiritual blessings one of which is salvation (Heb. 5:8-9). You can't have Jesus without listening to and obeying His Law. I just can't work that way.

Noah was saved by water (1 Peter 3:20). The children of Israel was saved from the Eyjeptians after they crossed the water (the Red Sea), and receiving the blessings of the Promised Land came only after crossing the water (the Jordan River). Salvation and rewards only came after the water -- never before. When one fixes his eyes on Jesus he does so having received the message and obey the will of the Lord. All other situations are not benefited without entering in and crossing over the water Many years ago I crossed over the water into salvation when I obeyed the baptism for remission of sins. I now live in Jesus Christ (Gal. 3:27), and will die in Him unto eternal life. All because I believed Him and fixed my eyes on his a long time ago...

JustAChristian

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Salvation and rewards only came after the water -- never before.

You fix your eyes on Jesus as a result of water? :think:

Who is the author of your faith?

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

You fix your eyes on Jesus as a result of water? :think:

Who is the author of your faith?

You argue in circles, and beg the question all the time. You want provide a sustaining argument or verses for your post. I am tired of discussing this with you. May you someday come to your senses.

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

You argue in circles

I do? I believe Jesus is the author and perfecter of the faith. Do you?

HopeofGlory

Just,

My replies are in bold.

I will be answering HopeofGlory on his last post

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it takes faith to believe the word of God. The message of Christ accompanied by many signs and wonders were written down in order that you might believe and believing have life in His name ( John 20:30-31). You say that we are saved by grace through faith and that is true, but the grace only comes by the work on our part of believing. So, we have a work to do and that is to believe (John 6:28). We can’t get around it. We have godly works to do in order to have life. Baptism along with repentance and confession go hand and hand with believing. In fact, they are all encompassed in believing. It is a figure of speech called a “synecdoche.” That is when one word stands for the whole of anything. We could say, “It is snowing in the city!” and that covers the fact that it is snowing on Main Street, Central Ave., Broadway, Madison Ave., Washington Blvd., and all the streets and avenues. We don’t have to name wherever it is snowing, we just say “the city” and that covers it. You should be able to understand that. Check it out in the “Webster’s Unabridged.” Baptism is essential as it is a part of faith.

What is your definition of faith? If it is more than believing then I disagree. We are saved by the faith of Christ not our own.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the 'faith of Jesus Christ', even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Gal. 2:16

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the 'faith of Christ', the righteousness which is of God by faith: Phil. 3:9

The signs and wonders were to manifest Christ to unbelieving Israel for the Jews require a sign but we walk by faith not by sight.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 1 Cor. 1:22
But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1 Cor. 1:23

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: Acts 2:22

I believe the gospel that Christ died for my sins therefore signs are of no use to me. Water baptism was performed to 'manifest' Christ to Israel. It was a visable sign (see John 1:31) but I walk by faith so water baptism is of no use to me. How can you condemn me even though I believe Christ died for my sins? The 'new' testament is faith in His shed blood (Matt 26:28) and it is my testimony for remission and nothing else is required.

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; Rom. 3:25
To declare, I say, '''at this time''' his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Rom. 3:26
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Rom. 3:27

The scriptures tells us plainly that salvation is not by 'works of righteousness' regardless of what you say. Baptism therefore is by the Spirit (1 Cor 12:13) not of the flesh for 'the flesh profiteth nothing' (John 6:63) no matter what the weather.

quote:

We see a lot of “types and shadows” under the Old Testaments. As washings were preparatory to offerings and sacrifices, so baptism is essential to offerings and spiritual sacrifices under the New Testament Law of Christ. This Law was initiated at Pentecost and continues today. It is the same Law that Jesus said would be first delivered at Jerusalem then Judea and the uttermost parts of the world (Like 24:46-47; Acts 1:8; Acts 26:20). All the apostles preached the same message, beginning at Jerusalem. Paul preached the same “...first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.” (Acts 26:20 AV). So what Paul preached when he was at Jerusalem he preached at all places. There was no second message exclusively for him. You try to make it appear that since Luke was not lead by inspiration to express the same statement made by Peter on Pentecost “Repent and be baptized for the remission of sins” for Paul that Paul did not have the same message. I am sure there are a lot of statements made by Peter that Paul did not make and vice versa. That proves nothing. I have shown how the same message was made by both and by all the apostles at all times. There is no dispensation of any mystery for Paul. That is Scofield doctrine found in the footnotes of many King James Version of the Bible.

Water baptism was a type under the old testament, it was preformed by the Baptist before the new testament was effectual. The 'law of Christ' has nothing to do with water baptism but rather that remission is receive through His death. Water baptism is not mentioned in any of the references you gave.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Gal. 6:7
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Gal. 6:8

You have sown to your flesh in water baptism yet everlasting life is of the Spirit.

The message of remission in the name of Jesus was first preached by the Baptist but first given to 'all nations' at Jerusalem
when 'all nations' of Israel gathered there. Try reading the bible for what it actually says not what you want it say.

Paul did not preach a baptism of repentance for remission but instead said that Christ did not send him to baptize.

I am not here to argue dispensationalism and I don't have a scofield bible.

quote:

One was commanded by God and given by the Law giver Moses and died with the death of the Law of Moses. The other was given by God through Christ and remains as a part of the gospel of salvation (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16).

Your "baptism of repentance" began with the Baptist. I want to know when the change in water baptism that you believe in occurred. Was it after the cross or before and how did the change benefit man.

quote:
Men by their hands baptize yet the true Church is a building made without hands.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Neither one of these statement relate to the other.
You would get a “F” in hermeneutics if you bought this statement to class. Of course, men baptize with their hands. What did you expect them to use, their feet? The spiritual house of God is made up of Christians. People who have been added to the family of God through obedience of faith (Romans 1:5; Acts 2:47).
Your 'class' is of no use to me and if it gave me an "F" it would mean nothing. It matters not what you use to water baptize with because it is of non effect.

"Spiritual in nature not visible, the circumcision of Christ is not of the flesh and so is His baptism."

When on sees the spiritual application of water baptism one sees the spiritual circumcism in putting off the “old man of sin.” Where is the old man put off? It is in water baptism for the remission of sins (Romans 6:3-6).

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Rom. 6:3 (KJV)

Note the contrast! It says baptized "into Jesus" as compared to "into water". How are we to get into Jesus?..."For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body" (1 Cor. 12:13) (KJV)...and it is the "one" baptism (Eph. 4:5) for us today.

Now, give me your proof text where anyone baptized in water were placed into Christ.

quote:
This operation of God places us into His body, it does not give us power as did the gift of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. I am glad that you believe water baptism has no power but neither does your obedience to it...

On the contrary, I believe water baptism has a lot of power! It is the command of Christ and that says a lot to me. It is effective if I use it correctly. If I don’t obey it I will be lost eternally. Yes, that says a lot to me, and not only me by millions before me.

You believe a lie! Christ did not command 'water' baptism. It does not matter one bit want YOU DO water baptism has no power. Millions would disagree with your belief and some would even label you as a heretic.
quote:
therefore it is by 'faith of the Son of God' displayed by His obedience to the Cross and not of ourselves.I agree that 'our faith' will not save. Man's works and his faith are both fility rags but if we believe the words that testify of Christ then His faith is ours.

You talk in circles. You need to define your premise better.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. What true Christian ever called good works our own works? Does scripture say, it is God who worketh in us? Now your faith may be called good and saving, because it is God's gift thru Christ and not of ourselves. But now, suppose a man relied on his own faith, and another relied on his own works, they then are both carnally minded and are equally the same worthless, filthy rags. The moment a man seeks to be justified by his own obedience, that moment he falls from Christ, and ceases to have an interest in our savior. The same moment a man seeks to be saved or justified by his own faith, that moment he also falls from Christ. Our own faith and own obedience are at the same distance from God, and are works of the flesh. For the true Christian never thinks, or talks of being justified by his own obedience, any more than of being washed and saved by his own blood. It is by the supernatural WORD and SPIRIT of God that we are made righteous to a fullness of birth in Him. His obedience to the cross, His works in fulfilling the law, His faith in being raised from the dead, His love for us by giving His life. We must become a new creature in Christ who is justified by the faith and works of Christ.

That no flesh should glory in his presence. 1 Cor. 1:29 (KJV)
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 1 Cor. 1:30 (KJV)
That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. 1 Cor. 1:31 (KJV)

If faith is not from Christ, or works not from Christ, then they are both worthless filthy rags. But add Christ to faith, and Christ to works, and then they are but one and the same power of God to salvation and nothing remains, but Christ in us the hope of glory.

quote:
Christ baptizes us by His Spirit not by His flesh.

You need to prove that someone other than the apostles and the household of Cornelius received the baptismal measure of the Holy Spirit before you can prove your case. You can’t do that, howerver.

What Cornelius and the apostles received is NOT "baptism by the Spirit". You need to prove other wise. The gift of the Holy Ghost was "power" to manifest Jesus as the Christ with miraculous signs.

quote:
Christ did not circumcise when He walked the earth, we receive the circumcision of Christ by His Spirit and so is baptism.

We receive the spiritual circumcism of Christ’s gospel when we put off the old man of sin. This is accomplished in baptism as Paul wrote to the Romans and I showed above.

:nono:

quote:
Paul said we are baptized by the Spirit
Show us the verse.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:13

quote:
and having had that experience I understand the terminology.

Show this legacy your proof. Give scripture for your thesis.

Read what I have written.

quote:
This baptism is unseen thus no recorded account of this Spirtual operation.

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Roman 10:17). If it was to be known and obeyed it was revealed. Anything else is insignificant. Prove what you have said or withdraw your conclusion.

You can't obey it, it is an operation of God. Remember the "flesh profiteth nothing".

quote:
Again, what occurred at Pentecost and the Cornelius account is not baptism by the Spirit.

Then it is evident that you don’t understand Holy Spirit baptism (Joel 2:28; Acts 2:1-16)

It is evident you don't understand baptism by the Spirit and your references do not mention baptism.

quote:
Yes and I believed and was baptized by His Spirit.

You have no scriptural proof of this statement. THE Holy Spirit fell on all them (the household of Cornelius) that heard the word” But you try to make us believe that the Holy Spirit indwells before anyone is immersed. You need to review what Peter preached on Pentecost (Acts 2:38). You need to accept this verse: Eph 1:13 “...after that ye heard (unto obedience JAC) the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, in whom also AFTER that ye believed (encompassing hearing the word, believing the gospel, repenting of sins, confessing Christ publically, and being baptized for the remission of sins) ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.” Sealing comes after hearing and believing, which is the process of obeying the gospel. There is no modern day baptism with the Holy Spirit. There is no indwelling prior to obedience.

I am going to tell you one more time...the gift of the Holy Ghost was power to perform miracles and it is not baptism by the Spirit. Your conclusion is based on your confusion.

quote:
The words of Christ are 'living water' we drink by belief and are Spiritually cleansed by His Spirit. This washing of water by the word revealed to us by His Spirit is "baptism by the Spirit".

You pick and choose what you want to “drink.” Paul delivered all the counsel of God (Acts 20:27) and the church drunk in all in. They did not pick and choose.

Paul did not preach a baptism of repentance for remission he said that Christ sent him not to baptize but to preach the gospel.

quote:

Only if you are an adherent of Scofield Bible footnote teaching.

I don't have a scofield bible.

quote:

Where does the New Testament tell us that we believe the Spirit over the word? The Spirit inspired the writers and preachers to deliver the word. It is not the believers responsibility to believe the Spirit but the word.

I did not say we believe the Spirit over the word. You don't have the ability to understand much of what you read.

quote:

There is nothing in the New Testament that asserts this. It takes denominational ignorance to make this statement.

Try logic and there's nothing that says it isn't.

quote:

What does Jesus say is spirit? It is His words. Therefore His words makes us alive not the Holy Spirit as you want us to believe. How does the Lord’s words make us alive? We will let Peter answer that: “Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1 Peter 1:22-23 AV. So, we are made alive or born again when we obey from the heart the word of God which Jesus delivered.

Jesus did not deliver a new "water" baptism for remission but gave us a new testament of His shed blood for remission (Matt 26:28). I am not a dispensationalist. I believe in progressive revelation.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

I do? I believe Jesus is the author and perfecter of the faith. Do you?

When it comes to believing what is in the Bible I am among those at the top! That is more than I can say for you.

JustAChristian

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(Hebrews 12:2)

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings (Hebrews 2:10)

JustAChristian

What Does It Mean To Be Born Again?

What Does It Mean To Be Born Again?

We are told we must be born again. The new birth makes it possible to enter heaven. We are told to believe the gospel(Mark 1:15). We are commanded to believe that Jesus is God’s Son (John 8:24). We are shown that we must publically confess that belief before man {Matthew 10:32:33; Acts 8:37). We are charged to repent of sins (Luke 13:3). Lastly, we are told to be baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38}. When we listen to Jesus, in obedience of faith (Romans 1:5), and commit ourselves to following His teaching we will be born again of or by the word (1 Peter 1:22-23). We have the potential for eternal salvation (Rev. 2:10). Knowing the will of God and obeying the Gospel of salvation is doing nothing more than what Jesus expects of His disciples. It is that which prompts our being born again of the water and Spirit. Doctrines and commandments of man make this so difficult. However, it is not a great mystery. Everyone has the potential of salvation, but only those who obey the gospel, the incorruptible seed, will experience the new birth (Romans 1:16; 2 Cor. 9:13; 1 Peter 1:22-23).

Last edited:

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

When it comes to believing what is in the Bible I am among those at the top!

Then it all starts with and ends with Jesus-the author & finisher of our faith. He is everything in salvation that is why we must keep our eyes upon HIM not water.

JustAChristian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Then it all starts with and ends with Jesus-the author & finisher of our faith. He is everything in salvation that is why we must keep our eyes upon HIM not water.

Freak,
Can't you understand that you can't have Jesus without having his teachings? Jesus plainly said, "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me AND MY WORDS, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels (Luke 9:26). Jesus expects those who would be his disciples to hear (unto obedience) His words. You are not listening!! You want "buffet gospe." You want to pick and choose. You can't have it that way!.

Furthermore, you have never (and I mean NEVER) refuted baptism for the remission. You aught to be more interested in being correct than being the greater poster of the day.

JustAChristian
_______________________________________-

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does Jesus Christ perfect your faith ?

Freak,
Furthermore, you have never (and I mean NEVER) refuted baptism for the remission.

Let me quote the verse again:

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. "

Jesus is the author of our faith not water.