The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The Great Debate - February 13th

With the exception of Kasich, the Republican presidential candidates have demonstrated tonight what a truly nasty bunch American conservatives can be!

Given that they all claim to be good Christians only increases the hypocrisy associated with this disgraceful spectacle!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Great Debate

With the exception of Kasich, the Republican presidential candidates have demonstrated tonight what a nasty bunch American conservatives can be!

Given that they all claim to be food Christians only makes it worse!

Yes, I heard a few excerpts from tonight, they were at each other's throats and sounded like babies. I missed it until the last statements.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The GOP’s terrifyingly literal “Brat Pack”: Why Saturday’s debate proves these candidates are all petulant children

It would be hard to watch this past weekend's debate and get any impression other than wide-eyed terror
Yet here’s what we observed from the Republicans on national television the other night:

1. Donald Trump was scolded for saying bad words.
  2. Jeb Bush cried about Trump ranking on his Mommy.
  3. Ben Carson misquoted a Facebook meme.
  4. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz butchered a basic presidential history question.

And these children want to be our next president!

Let start with Trump. Yes, I get it. Trump shouldn’t be saying [redacted] during his stump speeches. But even before he let the obscenities fly, we already knew he lacked the self control, decorum and presidential dignity required by the office. The addition of the profanity hasn’t helped on that front, but his disciples don’t seem to care all that much, especially given how his use of [redacted] came from a supporter who was ridiculing Ted Cruz’s posture on torture. Cruz, apparently, isn’t quite as fetishistic about waterboarding as Trump and therefore Cruz is a wimp.

But there it was on television: The Republican frontrunner for president being scolding into apologizing for saying naughty words. Indeed, Trump hilariously promised to never say those words again, likely sending thousands of Republican voters to Google to search for the specific words he used. Perhaps he should’ve been sentenced to write “I will not say the f-word in public!” a thousand times on Glenn Beck’s chalkboard.

THall

Um...did you reread this before posting?

Trump is costing the Republican Party hundreds of thousands of votes from young, educated conservatives, partially by his own words and actions, and partially by the other candidates feeling the need to play one-upsmanship with his ludicrous ravings.

And no registered Democrat would ever consider voting for him.

So how do you figure?

Well now, time and facts have certainly
proven you to be a retard........

Politics is just not your thing, is it?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm reading this post in Jim Nance's golf voice.

Ted Cruz was my roommate. I did not like him at all in college. And, you know, I want to be clear, because Ted Cruz is a nightmare of a human being. I have plenty of problems with his politics, but truthfully his personality is so awful that 99 percent of why I hate him is just his personality. If he agreed with me on every issue, I would hate him only one percent less.” -Craig Mazin

Hilarious signature ! We miss you Cal :)