The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PureX

how does the whole delegate thing work anyway ? The political machine is revving up.
In some states they pretty much just do whatever they please (or are told to do by these who appointed them), and in other states they have to abide by the will of the voters, though there are various ways they do that.

The sad truth is that we think the U.S. elects presidents by 'one man one vote', but we don't. So your one vote is even more irrelevant than you already think it is. And now days, winning elections is all about being the better cheater. In fact, the republicans have gotten so good at cheating that they have simply APPOINTED new republican representatives with no election at all, through creative gerrymandering. Can't lose an election that you don't have to hold!

The United States is no longer a representative democracy. It's an oligarchy. Our government does not represent the will of the people, and does not serve the will or the well-being of the people. The government doesn't care about the will of the people so it doesn't care about fair elections or corruption in the electoral process. We could still conceivably change this through the electoral process, but to do so we would have to vote in a nearly unanimous block that the politicians could not ignore, and we would have to start taking over the government from the ground, up (locally). But we will never be able to do this because we can't all agree on anything, anymore. And the media will make sure of that by stirring up as much controversy as it can muster.

So the truth is, we're probably doomed.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes Kasich shows hope still. On another note can Trump possibly do the things he claims ? He gives us no details or explanations - just, "we will build a wall" or "I will destroy ISIS" and all of his tough trade talk. He acts like if he says it it's true, typical salesman.

Trump is P.T. Barnum with a spray tan.

zoo22

Yes Kasich shows hope still. On another note can Trump possibly do the things he claims ? He gives us no details or explanations - just, "we will build a wall" or "I will destroy ISIS" and all of his tough trade talk. He acts like if he says it it's true, typical salesman.

What do you mean? He said,

"Remember the expression ‘Merry Christmas?’ You don’t see it anymore. You’re going to see it if I get elected, I can tell you right now. I can tell you right now."

What more do you want?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

If I remember correctly his plan for building the wall is to tie it to NAFTA somehow. Didn't he say Mexico would end up paying for it?