The Gospel Verses Predestination

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert Pate, you don't answer because you don't know the answer.
You are going against false beliefs with false beliefs.

What about the "Rich Young Ruler" and your identification with him?

You never did answer my question.

Have you sold all that you have and given it to the poor so that you can be perfect and have treasure in heaven? Matthew 19:21.

God's Truth

Have you sold all that you have and given it to the poor so that you can be perfect and have treasure in heaven? Matthew 19:21.

The rich young ruler was RICH in wealth and possessions.
Jesus was standing right in front of him and he would rather keep his things than go with Jesus and spread the gospel.
You have no understanding.
You were snatched by a catchy little false gospel and have been enjoying it most all your life.
I tell you, you cannot ever tell God now that you never heard the truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
The rich young ruler was RICH in wealth and possessions.
Jesus was standing right in front of him and he would rather keep his things than go with Jesus and spread the gospel.
You have no understanding.
You were snatched by a catchy little false gospel and have been enjoying it most all your life.
I tell you, you cannot ever tell God now that you never heard the truth.

The Rich Young Ruler like you thought he was without sin.

"The young man said to him (Jesus) All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?"

Like you he lacked honesty.

Nanja

That is, go and sell all your good works, because if a person still has even one sin not paid for, he's still under the wrath of God.

So the only thing anyone can do is wait upon God for Salvation.

Lam. 3:26
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

God's Truth

The Rich Young Ruler like you thought he was without sin.

"The young man said to him (Jesus) All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?"

Like you he lacked honesty.

You can't even reply according to your opponents beliefs.

I preach that we are to repent of our sins, so who do you get that the rich young ruler is like me?

God's Truth

That is, go and sell all your good works, because if a person still has even one sin not paid for, he's still under the wrath of God.

So the only thing anyone can do is wait upon God for Salvation.

Lam. 3:26
It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

People who believed and obeyed God were not under His wrath.

Nanja

People who believed and obeyed God were not under His wrath.

Unless a person is regenerate, Born of the Sprit of God John 3:6, his own believing is a work of the flesh that can't please God Rom. 8:8.

Eph. 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works [ergon], lest any man should boast.

G2041: ergon

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasized in opp. to that which is less than work

God's Truth

Unless a person is regenerate, Born of the Sprit of God John 3:6, his own believing is a work of the flesh that can't please God Rom. 8:8.

Eph. 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works [ergon], lest any man should boast.

G2041: ergon

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasized in opp. to that which is less than work

You are badly mistaken. It please God when we believe and obey Him.

God's Truth

God did not like it that the Jews would give sin offerings, as was commanded by God to do, according to the law as given from God to Moses---but not really care about whether or not they sinned.

The Jews could do the purification works of the law and be called a child of God.

God said He would change that one day and give a new covenant where a person was saved by 'faith' and not 'purification works' of the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
You can't even reply according to your opponents beliefs.

I preach that we are to repent of our sins, so who do you get that the rich young ruler is like me?

Like you, the rich young ruler thought he was without sin.

"All these things have I kept from my youth up: what do I lack? Matthew 19:20.

Here is your chance to be perfect.

"Go sell all that you have and give it to the poor" Matthew 19:21.

If you are going to keep the law, you will have to do that one. The law requires that you... "Love your neighbor as yourself".

God's Truth

Like you, the rich young ruler thought he was without sin.

"All these things have I kept from my youth up: what do I lack? Matthew 19:20.

Here is your chance to be perfect.

"Go sell all that you have and give it to the poor" Matthew 19:21.

If you are going to keep the law, you will have to do that one. The law requires that you... "Love your neighbor as yourself".

Loving your neighbor as loving yourself is about not harming your neighbor by murdering them, stealing from them, lying about them, bearing false witness against them, and committing adultery with them.

You don't have understanding because it isn't given to you since you preach against obeying Jesus and don't yourself do so.

Not everyone is a rich man who stood before God in the flesh.

Again, you have no understanding but live your life being God's enemy and people's enemy by keeping them from the Truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
Loving your neighbor as loving yourself is about not harming your neighbor by murdering them, stealing from them, lying about them, bearing false witness against them, and committing adultery with them.

You don't have understanding because it isn't given to you since you preach against obeying Jesus and don't yourself do so.

Not everyone is a rich man who stood before God in the flesh.

Again, you have no understanding but live your life being God's enemy and people's enemy by keeping them from the Truth.

When confronted with the law, you do the same thing that the Pharisees did. You try to delude it, Luke 10:29.

How can you say that you love your neighbor as yourself when there are so many homeless people that have nothing. You are indeed the chief of all hypocrites.

God's Truth

When confronted with the law, you do the same thing that the Pharisees did. You try to delude it, Luke 10:29.

How can you say that you love your neighbor as yourself when there are so many homeless people that have nothing. You are indeed the chief of all hypocrites.

You fail to understand the scriptures.

The man was rich.

I am not as a rich man,

but even if I was,

I am not standing before Jesus in the flesh and refusing to help Jesus lay the foundation.

Love is not harming your neighbor.

That is what the Bible says.

You don't go by God you go by what your false teachers and you wrong thinking say.

Again, he was RICH.

Jesus explains how it is hard for the rich.

Jesus explains that the prostitutes and tax collectors were going in before the Pharisees, and it was hid from the wise and learned.

You don't have understanding about Jesus.

That is why you preach we don't have to obey Jesus.

That makes me fear for you.