ECT The Gospel Proper

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

I'm a dispensationalist.

Well, that's true.

If it was for a different church, Christ being divided, why did Paul do it multiple times just like Peter?

I reject your "Christ being divided" comment. To answer your question, 1st, how did Peter do it? Immersion?

Baptism is like a wedding ring...I can wear a wedding ring and not be married. or I wear my ring to show I am married. the ring doesn't make me married....something happened before I put the ring on my finger, I GOT MARRIED!!!! Same thing for salvation.

turbosixx

Unwittingly, you have just proven once more that you are unable to properly sort that out without the OT.

You, sir, have just pulled a Flintstones' Christmas - both kinds.

Hanna-Barberra would both be very proud of you.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

If you can't explain why Paul baptized believers just as Jesus instructed the 12, even the jailer, why should I trust you know what you're talking about?

turbosixx

I reject your "Christ being divided" comment. To answer your question, 1st, how did Peter do it? Immersion?

Baptism is like a wedding ring...I can wear a wedding ring and not be married. or I wear my ring to show I am married. the ring doesn't make me married....something happened before I put the ring on my finger, I GOT MARRIED!!!! Same thing for salvation.

If you can't answer this question, then how can I trust you know what you're talking about. Why did Paul convert Christians exactly like the 12 by baptizing believers in this dispensation? Scripture proof please.

Right Divider

Body part
If you can't answer this question, then how can I trust you know what you're talking about. Why did Paul convert Christians exactly like the 12 by baptizing believers in this dispensation? Scripture proof please.
Again, your idea of what the "conversion process" is is just that... your idea.

It is NOT the DOCTRINES described BY Paul. Nowhere in his THIRTEEN epistles does Paul give even the slightest hint that water baptism is a "requirement" for anyone in the body of Christ.

However, Paul DOES explicitly say that we are all baptized BY one Spirit INTO the body. 1 Cor 12:13

turbosixx

Why would Paul have baptised basically none of the Corinthians?

Because he is not personally required to do the baptizing. MANY of them were baptized responding to HIS message, other men could and did baptize the rest but they were all baptized.

WHY would he baptize ANY in this dispensation?

turbosixx

It is NOT the DOCTRINES described BY Paul. Nowhere in his THIRTEEN epistles does Paul give even the slightest hint that water baptism is a "requirement" for anyone in the body of Christ.
His 13 letters were written to CHRISTIANS. HOW were they MADE Christian? God gave us HOW they were made Christian. What they were taught and what they did in response.

Rom. 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

However, Paul DOES explicitly say that we are all baptized BY one Spirit INTO the body. 1 Cor 12:13

So IF that is the one baptism in this dispensation, WHY does Paul ADD water baptism when he converted Christians?

What you read in his letters is not in agreement with his actions in Acts when he made those people Christians.

Right Divider

Body part
His 13 letters were written to CHRISTIANS. HOW were they MADE Christian? God gave us HOW they were made Christian. What they were taught and what they did in response.

Rom. 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
He didn't die by getting wet.

So IF that is the one baptism in this dispensation, WHY does Paul ADD water baptism when he converted Christians?
Once AGAIN, you are using your preferred ideas over the Bible.

Where does Paul command water baptism? (Hint: he doesn't).

What you read in his letters is not in agreement with his actions in Acts when he made those people Christians.
Your perceptions are not reality.

Truster

My teaching began after I was converted not before and certainly not because I responded in any way.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
If you can't explain why Paul baptized believers just as Jesus instructed the 12, even the jailer, why should I trust you know what you're talking about?
So I've gathered that while you identify as a Dispensationalist, you are not MAD. So do you believe like MAD that the New Covenant has been set aside, or do you believe that we are living under the New Covenant today. Do you believe that the New Covenant is between God and the Body of Christ/the Church?

turbosixx

Where does Paul command water baptism? (Hint: he doesn't).

If you understood that the word comes from ONE source and it's all in agreement then you would realize this is the commandment.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

The proof is that Paul obeyed that commandment with every conversion, even the Gentile jailer.
I did baptize also the household of Stephanas.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you understood that the word comes from ONE source and it's all in agreement then you would realize this is the commandment.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

The proof is that Paul obeyed that commandment with every conversion, even the Gentile jailer.

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. - 1 Corinthians 1:14-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:14-17&version=NKJV

:think:
:plain:

turbosixx

So I've gathered that while you identify as a Dispensationalist, you are not MAD.
Correct. I draw the line at Jesus's sacrifice, His blood.
If you haven't noticed madism seems to attract the arrogant and proud. They are smarter than us knuckle draggers because they can see what we cannot even though Paul converted Christians the exact same way as everyone else after Pentecost.

So do you believe like MAD that the New Covenant has been set aside, or do you believe that we are living under the New Covenant today. Do you believe that the New Covenant is between God and the Body of Christ/the Church?

I believe today we are under the new covenant that was established by Jesus's blood.
Heb. 7:11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Heb. 8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Heb. 9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Yes, the covenant is between God and the church/BOC.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Correct. I draw the line at Jesus's sacrifice, His blood. Paul converted Christians the exact same way as everyone else.

I believe today we are under the new covenant that was established by Jesus's blood.
Heb. 7:11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Heb. 8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Heb. 9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Yes, the covenant is between God and the church/BOC.
OK, tyvm. I didn't know there was a Dispensationalism that believed the New Covenant was in force today. 'Learn something every day. :)

turbosixx

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. - 1 Corinthians 1:14-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:14-17&version=NKJV

:think:
:plain:

They were ALL baptized in the name of Jesus. If he was not sent to baptize them WHY did he?

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Right Divider

Body part

Why aren't you building an ark? God commanded the building of an ark.You just don't understand that it's all ONE source.

turbosixx

OK, tyvm. I didn't know there was a Dispensationalism that believed the New Covenant was in force today. 'Learn something every day. :)

I don't use that label. The label I use is Christian. It's clear that God had different covenants with man throughout the years and in these LAST DAYS it's with His son and therefore with us if we are in Him.
Heb. 1:1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Acts 2:16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
17 “‘And in the last days
it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,

Acts 3:24 And all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and those who came after him, also proclaimed these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.