Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You see, this is too long. Jesus' gospel is simple and not complicated, as most churches making it out to be.
It's ironic how I quote Jesus' words and you reject them out of hand.

I thought you said you only listened to Jesus, yet you reject what He said about Paul.

Why do you reject Jesus' words, Meshak!?

turbosixx

Did He say whoever is not baptized will be condemned? No, He didn't. Nor did He say it here.

John 3:8 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

You can't just assume what is meant because of a half a verse.
If someone doesn't believe, WHY would they get baptized? Even if they did, it wouldn't help them because they don't believe. It says he that believe AND IS baptized will be saved.
Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
Who was added? Those who believed ONLY, those who were baptized ONLY or as Jesus said believed and baptized.

Paul performed it on which believers? Where does it say Paul performed anything other than the laying on of hands? He made it quite clear he had only baptized two besides that one family. Are you saying Paul was lying about that, and why would he?

You obviously haven't read the context, it starts in the previous chapter.

turbosixx

Making disciples is not the same as putting on Christ.

Being baptized in the name of Christ is NOT the same as being baptized into Christ. We see that here. One is by water, and one is by ONE SPIRIT. One is in the name of and one is into ONE BODY.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.​

Things that are not the same are different.

Again, you're pulling one verse out of context and building a doctrine on it. What other scripture would you use to support that concept?

Do you think it's wise to stand on single verses?

turbosixx

Wrong "understanding" on your part. Paul did NOT RE-BAPTIZE them with water.

You show me with scripture that baptized "IN THE NAME OF" Jesus is not water and then you'll have a point. Just because you say what you believe doesn't make it so. Prove it with scripture.

turbosixx

So is this, "from Jesus:"

"Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ." Mt. 16:20 KJV

Do it. Obey!!!

That's the way... uh, huh, uh,huh, I like it,... uh huh, uh huh.....- Joe Christian and "all the Holy Bible is about me, written specifically to me, for my obedience", Sunshine, Band.

It wasn't the RIGHT time to proclaim Him as Christ.
Acts 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you have an example from scripture?
Hmmm How about the second criminal on the cross next to Jesus'?

He never got baptised, and as far as we can tell, he wasn't a Jew. Yet Jesus said "today you will be with Me in paradise (speaking of Abraham's Bosom, a part of hell separate from where the wicked and unrighteous were being held, where the righteous awaited the death of the High Priest (see "cities of refuge" in the books of the law)).

How about every man, woman, and child who accepted Christ as Savior through Paul, between the few that he baptised at the beginning of his ministry and 20 year later, when he said he had not baptised any except for those few people??

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How did I reject His word?
Go read the passage of Scripture I posted above.

Note that Jesus was speaking several times in that passage. You dismissed the entire passage as being "too long."

That's rejecting Christ's words.

Right Divider

Body part
You show me with scripture that baptized "IN THE NAME OF" Jesus is not water and then you'll have a point. Just because you say what you believe doesn't make it so. Prove it with scripture.
I already showed you what that passage means, but you don't believe it.

There is NO "rebaptizing" going on there.

Your understanding of the VARIOUS baptisms in scripture is terrible.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Go read the passage of Scripture I posted above.

Note that Jesus was speaking several times in that passage. You dismissed the entire passage as being "too long."

That's rejecting Christ's words.

Those long details are for rejecters who do not accept Jesus' simple teachings like most of you.

And you still twist away what He says.

turbosixx

Hmmm How about the second criminal on the cross next to Jesus'?

He never got baptised, and as far as we can tell, he wasn't a Jew. Yet Jesus said "today you will be with Me in paradise (speaking of Abraham's Bosom, a part of hell separate from where the wicked and unrighteous were being held, where the righteous awaited the death of the High Priest (see "cities of refuge" in the books of the law)).
Did he die BEFORE Jesus said
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

How about every man, woman, and child who accepted Christ as Savior through Paul, between the few that he baptised at the beginning of his ministry and 20 year later, when he said he had not baptised any except for those few people??
You're not understanding Paul's point in 1:17. Do you really believe that this is an argument to not be baptized? Especially when we see Paul not give believers the Holy Spirit until he baptizes these believers who had already been baptized.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Those long details are for rejecters who do not accept Jesus' simple teachings like most of you.

And you still twist away what He says.
Still rejecting Jesus' words, I see.

Jesus said (speaking of Saul/Paul) to Ananias:

But the Lord said to him, [JESUS]“Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”[/JESUS] - Acts 9:15-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts9:15-16&version=NKJV

By rejecting this detail, you put yourself in danger of missing important things that are said in the Bible.

The Bible is thick for a reason, Meshak. You can't just reject part of it because you don't like details.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Did he die BEFORE Jesus said
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Yes. And?

You're not understanding Paul's point in 1:17. Do you really believe that this is an argument to not be baptized?

No. Scripture states clearly that baptism IS NOT REQUIRED, not that one should not.

Huge difference.

Especially when we see Paul not give believers the Holy Spirit until he baptizes these believers who had already been baptized.

Was this said before or after what Paul said about baptism in 1 Corinthians 1?

Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, [JESUS]‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’[/JESUS] - Acts 11:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts11:16&version=NKJV

turbosixx

I already showed you what that passage means, but you don't believe it.

There is NO "rebaptizing" going on there.

Your understanding of the VARIOUS baptisms in scripture is terrible.
I'm not talking about VARIOUS baptisms. I'm taking about ONE particular baptism in the name of Jesus.
You have not "proved" to me what that passage means, just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Here is what proof looks like.
Jesus said make disciples by baptizing them in His name.

We see the apostles baptize with water in the name of Jesus.
47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.