ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Jerry Shugart

“And he charged us to preach unto the people, and to testify that this is he who is ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and the dead. To him bear all the prophets witness, that through his name every one that believeth on him shall receive remission of sins.”
??Acts? ?10:42-43? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.10.42-43.asv

That does not say anything that even resembles the fact that the Lord Jesus was made sin for us so that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

And you sure have not provided any evidence that anyone was being saved on the day of Pentecost upon hearing that message because Peter didn't preach that gospel. Instead, he preached that the Lord Jesus is Christ and those who believed were born of God and saved the moment when theybelieved it:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" (1 Jn.5:1).​

You would rather believe that Peter was preaching that Christ died for our sins and those who believed were saved. But you are unable to give any evidence that he preached that and you somehow trick you mind into thinking that no one was saved on that day when they believed that the Lord Jesus is the Christ.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If Luke wrote the Acts after Paul wrote Galatians then why didn't he write that Paul taught a new gospel?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
That does not say anything that even resembles the fact that the Lord Jesus was made sin for us so that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

And you sure have not provided any evidence that anyone was being saved on the day of Pentecost upon hearing that message because Peter didn't preach that gospel. Instead, he preached that the Lord Jesus is Christ and those who believed were born of God and saved the moment when theybelieved it:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" (1 Jn.5:1).​

You would rather believe that Peter was preaching that Christ died for our sins and those who believed were saved. But you are unable to give any evidence that he preached that and you somehow trick you mind into thinking that no one was saved on that day when they believed that the Lord Jesus is the Christ.

The "remission of sins"

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You see Jerry that all nations would receive forgiveness of sins not just Israel. And surely the Samaritans did as well as the Ethiopian as did Cornelius.
Truth always wins

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.””
??Luke? ?24:46-49? ?NIV??
http://bible.com/111/luk.24.46-49.niv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“and He said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high."”
??Luke? ?24:46-49? ?NASB??
http://bible.com/100/luk.24.46-49.nasb

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Scriptures of the prophets refers to the epistles written in the first century. One of the meanings of the Greek word commonly translated "prophet" means "of men filled with the Spirit of God, who by God's authority and command in words of weight pleads the cause of God and urges salvation of men" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).
.[/INDENT]

Jerry, your statement is very kookoo here.
Just look how you've contradicted our Lord's word:

“Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?”
??Luke? ?24:25-26? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/luk.24.25-26.kjv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:”
??Galatians? ?1:22? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/gal.1.22.kjv

Here we see Paul referring to Peter and the boys as being "in Christ."

For Paul the words "in Christ" is a technical term that he uses theologically to refer to positional truth in the body of Christ.

We know Paul was not taught by the Jerusalem elders because he says he wasn't yet he refers to them as co preachers of the gospel.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.”
??Galatians? ?2:1-2? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/gal.2.1-2.kjv

Now we see here in this passage that 14 years have passed from the time that Paul claimed that Pete and company were "in Christ."
14 years is a hell of a long time but still we see Paul seeking Peter and Jacob's guidance, Paul is testing his gospel in front of them to see if he'd been teaching error for the past 14 years!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.”
??Acts? ?15:1-2? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/act.15.1-2.kjv

Here we see Paul needing to go to Jacob and Peter for theological confirmation (this is the Galatians 2 trip).

Why does Paul need to get their approval? Because they were the heads of the Jerusalem church who believed that Messiah died for the remission (forgiveness) of their sins.

Danoh

If Luke wrote the Acts after Paul wrote Galatians then why didn't he write that Paul taught a new gospel?

The exact same accusation made against Paul himself by those within Messianic Judaism (MJs) who, unlike most within MJ; assert that Paul had been a false prophet.

Danoh

“And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.”
??Acts? ?15:1-2? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/act.15.1-2.kjv

Here we see Paul needing to go to Jacob and Peter for theological confirmation (this is the Galatians 2 trip).

Why does Paul need to get their approval? Because they were the heads of the Jerusalem church who believed that Messiah died for the remission (forgiveness) of their sins.

Nope.

Read Acts 15.

He goes up, meets with opposition, leaves, returns, but this time meets with their leadership so as not to have his wasted his time, once more.

That kind of thing is what he is referring to in Galatians 2.

Put down your obvious OVER RELIANCE on books "about" and get back to THE Book, Is. 8:20; 2 Tim. 3:16-17.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Haha opposition

“And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.”
??Acts? ?15:4, 22, 25-27? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/act.15.4,22,25-27.kjv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Nope.

Read Acts 15.

He goes up, meets with opposition, leaves, returns, but this time meets with their leadership so as not to have his wasted his time, once more.

That kind of thing is what he is referring to in Galatians 2.

Put down your obvious OVER RELIANCE on books "about" and get back to THE Book, Is. 8:20; 2 Tim. 3:16-17.

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Haha opposition

“And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.”
??Galatians? ?2:9? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/gal.2.9.kjv

Jerry Shugart

“Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.”
??Galatians? ?2:1-2? ?KJV??
http://bible.com/1/gal.2.1-2.kjv

Why did you not comment on what is found in the epistle to the Galatians in the first chapter? Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following which is found in the first chapter of Galatians:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Jerry, your statement is very kookoo here.

It is you who is kookoo because according to your ideas even though the gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles was kept secret since the world began it was revealed to the OT prophets:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith" (Ro.16:25-26).​

One flew over the cuckoo's nest and it was you and not me!

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4961007]Why did you not comment on what is found in the epistle to the Galatians in the first chapter? Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following which is found in the first chapter of Galatians:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

1Co 3:4
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1Co 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22
Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

Jerry Shugart

1Co 3:4
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1Co 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22
Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

That does not answer anything from my post which you quoted. And speaking of Apollos we can see exactly what he preached to the Jews:

"For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus is Christ" (Acts 18:28).​

Paul makes it plain that is the same gospel message which he preached to the Jews:

"Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ" (Acts17:2,30).​