ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So if Jesus wasn't talking about (in Luke 24) what the New Testament Apostles would write after His ascension then He had to be referencing the OT prophecies concerning His substitutionary death, burial and resurrection.
You have no argument, Yeshua taught the disciples that He died for their sins as the savior of their souls.

Truth always wins..

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
The 12 did not know, I thought you knew better, dummy

Interplanner

The 12 did not know, I thought you knew better, dummy

This " 12 did not know stuff" is 2P2P in usual form: no context.

they did know, but the closer it got, the more they were in denial. Finally you have Peter's 3 denials, but no one realizes this was the momentum of the disciples anyway, in the clinical sense of denial. They recovered after the events of the Gospel.

Even in our own lives, it is one thing to mentally assent to the raw human experiences ahead of time: pain, sex, death. It is quite another thing when we are actually in them. We are all taken aback, caught off guard, unprepared, quick to deny what they actually are.

The disciples were not 'theologians' nor were they much past their early 20s from what I have read. We need to stop pre-loading them as though they were 50 or had anything else but Judaism to operate on.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Please quote the verses from the Isaiah passage which say that.

And then tell me why the Twelve did not even know He was going to die until just shortly before the Cross.

Please demonstrate that in the OT it is revealed that the Messiah would be made sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

That is the heart and soul of the gospel of grace.

You begging?
Really Jerry?

Jerry Shugart

So if Jesus wasn't talking about (in Luke 24) what the New Testament Apostles would write after His ascension then He had to be referencing the OT prophecies concerning His substitutionary death, burial and resurrection.
You have no argument, Yeshua taught the disciples that He died for their sins as the savior of their souls.

Truth always wins..

I am still waiting for any evidence that the gospel which Peter preached on the day of Pentecost and brought salvation to those who believed it was the truth that the Lord Jesus was made sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. I also see no evidence that on that day anyone was given the ministry of reconciliation to preach the word of reconciliation:

"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him"
(2 Cor.5:18-21).​

You can assert that the gospel which Peter preached on the day of Pentecost was the word of reconciliation but until you actually provide proof then your assertion is nothing but an assertion.

Interplanner

No, I am not begging. Where are the verses from Isaiah which I asked for?

His death was for the remittance of debt. Even what Israel did. You are being obtuse. It is the worst of 2P2P irrationality. Lk 24:47. they preached in his name Jerry. Not in his names. Christ is One.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, I am not begging. Where are the verses from Isaiah which I asked for?

ccd44d525b3d9ef748a12c75c19c223b.jpg

SaulToPaul 2

This " 12 did not know stuff" is 2P2P in usual form: no context.

they did know, but the closer it got, the more they were in denial. Finally you have Peter's 3 denials, but no one realizes this was the momentum of the disciples anyway, in the clinical sense of denial. They recovered after the events of the Gospel.

Even in our own lives, it is one thing to mentally assent to the raw human experiences ahead of time: pain, sex, death. It is quite another thing when we are actually in them. We are all taken aback, caught off guard, unprepared, quick to deny what they actually are.

The disciples were not 'theologians' nor were they much past their early 20s from what I have read. We need to stop pre-loading them as though they were 50 or had anything else but Judaism to operate on.

More rationalization, lies.

Luke 18
34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Interplanner

I guess it is just a little puzzling Jerry that you are asking this when Is 53 is right there in your face anytime you care to look. I mean, I can't believe you are asking questions this obtuse or stupid. I have reread what you wrote hoping there was some misunderstanding, but simply can't believe you are asking this about Isaiah.

dodge

Of course since interplanner had no answer for the fact that the Jews were being saved by a gospel which is different from the "gospel of grace" he must attack my OP on a minor issue. He just hopes no one will notice that he had nothing of substance to say.

It is hard to answer or argue against a fabricated lie. There is only one gospel.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“And he said unto them, O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Behooved it not the Christ to suffer these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning from Moses and from all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures; and he said unto them, Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer, and rise again from the dead the third day; and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name unto all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. Ye are witnesses of these things. And behold, I send forth the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city, until ye be clothed with power from on high.”
??Luke? ?24:25-27, 45-49? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/luk.24.25-27,45-49.asv

Done

dodge

Oh, I see, Lk 24:7 is not a "verse." I guess that means "verses" are those things which support 2P2P and those texts that do not support it are not "verses."

I have not been keeping up with the whole debate but it seems like the where and why of the following verse came up. Hope this helps , and if not in the right context my apologies.

Act 28:23

And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“But the things which God foreshowed by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ should suffer, he thus fulfilled. Repent ye therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out, that so there may come seasons of refreshing from the presence of the Lord; and that he may send the Christ who hath been appointed for you, even Jesus: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, whereof God spake by the mouth of his holy prophets that have been from of old.”
??Acts? ?3:18-21? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.3.18-21.asv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
“And he charged us to preach unto the people, and to testify that this is he who is ordained of God to be the Judge of the living and the dead. To him bear all the prophets witness, that through his name every one that believeth on him shall receive remission of sins.”
??Acts? ?10:42-43? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.10.42-43.asv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here we see Paul's first interactions with the disciples and barnabus doesn't say this is Paul who has the new gospel does he?

“And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized; and he took food and was strengthened. And he was certain days with the disciples that were at Damascus. And straightway in the synagogues he proclaimed Jesus, that he is the Son of God.

And when he was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: and they were all afraid of him, not believing that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how at Damascus he had preached boldly in the name of Jesus. And he was with them going in and going out at Jerusalem, preaching boldly in the name of the Lord: and he spake and disputed against the Grecian Jews; but they were seeking to kill him. And when the brethren knew it, they brought him down to Cæsarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.”
??Acts? ?9:18-20, 26-30? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/act.9.18-20,26-30.asv

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Not only that but Paul gets baptized by Ananias meaning Paul identifies with the Gospel message being preached by Pete

Jerry Shugart

Oh, I see, Lk 24:7 is not a "verse." I guess that means "verses" are those things which support 2P2P and those texts that do not support it are not "verses."

I was speaking about providing a quote from Isaiah. if you want to butt into other people's discussions you should at least understand what is being said.