ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Jerry Shugart

Jerry still fails to recognize my answer.

I've recognized it but anyone in their right mind knows that at Luke 9:6 no one was preaching a so-called gospel of wine and roses. It is amazing but you have forged ahead of innerplanner in the realm of delusional thought.

And earlier you showed so much promise. What a waste!

Last edited:

andyc

I didn't say that! Here is what I said:

"Peter used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove the deity of Jesus and the fact that he is the promised Messiah. Peter ended his sermon with the following words..."

Why must you continually misrepresent what I say as well as what is taught by other dispensationalists?

Let's not forget that the apostles at that time were still learning about what they were preaching. Peter spoke by the Holy Spirit, and it was all knew to him. He didn't even understand at the time that God had accepted gentiles.

You mad nutters always ignore context in favor of your fabricated crap.

Jerry Shugart

Got ya Jerry so Jesus' D.B.R. had nothing to do with paying the sin debt for all of us. What do you suppose J.B. was talking about when he said, "behold the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world" ?

So like others on this thread you cannot even distinguish between the "present" tense and the "future" tense.

In his commentary on John 1:29 Alfred Edershein says "Because He took upon Himself our infirmities, therefore He bore our sickness." Edershein compares what is written at John 1:29 to what is written at Isaiah 53, "that the Messiah bears in the 'Talmud' the designation, 'The Leprous one'" (Edershein, The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, Part 1, p.488).

Edershein also says that the Baptists' words at John 1:29 are referring to the same thing spoken of here:

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses" (Mt.8:17).​

Jerry Shugart

Let's not forget that the apostles at that time were still learning about what they were preaching. Peter spoke by the Holy Spirit, and it was all knew to him. He didn't even understand at the time that God had accepted gentiles.

Yes, on the day of Pentecost the Apostles were preaching the gospel that Jesus is the promised Messiah and those who believed that truth were saved (Jn.20:31;1 Jn.5:1). They were not preaching that the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross was so that He was made sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. That means that the gospel which Peter preached on the day of Pentecost was not the same gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles, that Christ died for our sins.

You mad nutters always ignore context in favor of your fabricated crap.

You shouldn't call what is revealed in the Scriptures "crap."

dodge

So like others on this thread you cannot even distinguish between the "present" tense and the "future" tense.

In his commentary on John 1:29 Alfred Edershein says "Because He took upon Himself our infirmities, therefore He bore our sickness." Edershein compares what is written at John 1:29 to what is written at Isaiah 53, "that the Messiah bears in the 'Talmud' the designation, 'The Leprous one'" (Edershein, The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, Part 1, p.488).

Edershein also says that the Baptists' words at John 1:29 are referring to the same thing spoken of here:

"That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses" (Mt.8:17).​

Jerry your first mistake is the verse when J.B. said that it was future tense from when it was said.

Your second mistake is we know Jesus was crucified as payment for sin EXACTLY like J.B. said He would be.

Your 3rd mistake is not comparing scripture with scripture.

Your 4th mistake is following a man Alfred Edershein who got it wrong.

Jhn 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Rev 5:6
And I looked, and behold,[fn] in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry your first mistake is the verse when J.B. said that it was future tense from when it was said.

The mistake you continue to make is denying what the Baptist actually said. According to him the reference was not in regard to what would happen in the future. Now let us look at the verse again:

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which beareth the sin of the world" (Jn.1:29).​

In what sense did the Lord Jesus bear the sins of the world? It was by bearing the consequences of the sins of the world. Here is an example of the phrase "bear your iniquities" referring to bearing the consequences of iniquities:

"After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise"
(Num.14:34).​

The consequences of the iniquities of the Israelites was that they were not to enter Canaan for forty years. So when it is said that they were to bear their iniquities the meaning is that they were to bear the consequences of their iniquities. So when the Baptist spoke of the Lord Jesus bearing the sins of the world he was referring to the fact that while on the earth the Lord Jesus would bear the consequences of the sins of the world.

Despite these facts you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the Baptist was speaking about what would happen in the future despite the fact that he was speaking about something which had its fulfillment in the present.

You need to learn to deal with the Scriptures AS THEY ARE WRITTEN instead of the way that you think that they should be written.

dodge

The mistake you continue to make is denying what the Baptist actually said. According to him the reference was not in regard to what would happen in the future. Now let us look at the verse again:

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which beareth the sin of the world" (Jn.1:29).​

In what sense did the Lord Jesus bear the sins of the world? It was by bearing the consequences of the sins of the world. Here is an example of the phrase "bear your iniquities" referring to bearing the consequences of iniquities:

"After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise"

The consequences of the iniquities of the Israelites was that they were not to enter Canaan for forty years. So when it is said that they were to bear their iniquities the meaning is that they were to bear the consequences of their iniquities. So when the Baptist spoke of the Lord Jesus bearing the sins of the world he was referring to the fact that while on the earth the Lord Jesus would bear the consequences of the sins of the world.

Despite these facts you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the Baptist was speaking about what would happen in the future despite the fact that he was speaking about something which had its fulfillment in the present.

You need to learn to deal with the Scriptures AS THEY ARE WRITTEN instead of the way that you think that they should be written.

I do deal with scripture as it is written I do not follow the current MAD process of making scripture fit into their model I accept scripture as it is written.

All you have done is yank completely out of context of the flow of the OT and the teachings of the NT.

Their is a common theme of scripture which revolves around Jesus which you are breaking to force everything into MAD , and we will just have to agree to disagree.

Jesus was the Lamb that took away the sin of the world ( for those who place their faith in Him )just as J.B. prophesied and preached.

Jerry Shugart

I do deal with scripture as it is written I do not follow the current MAD process of making scripture fit into their model I accept scripture as it is written.

No you don't but you are too blind to see it. The word translated "taketh away" must be in the future tense in order for your interpretation of John 1:29 to be correct. But the fact that the word is in the "present" tense makes no difference to you because you have no respect for what the Scriptures actually say.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I've recognized it but anyone in their right mind knows that at Luke 9:6 no one was preaching a so-called gospel of wine and roses. It is amazing but you have forged ahead of innerplanner in the realm of delusional thought.

And earlier you showed so much promise. What a waste!

And you have no answer. Just like I said. The fact that I know what the disciples went out teaching leaves you without an argument. I'm not surprised. Your operating from a faulty premise that cannot be proved by scripture. Since we agree that the preaching was that the kingdom was available and Messiah was there, what? No answer?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

That's asinine. Of course JB meant future. Do you think JB thought the kingdom was being set into motion there in the river in the present tense? Hehe

andyc

Yes, on the day of Pentecost the Apostles were preaching the gospel that Jesus is the promised Messiah and those who believed that truth were saved

If they were saved (Past tense), what were they saved from?

(Jn.20:31;1 Jn.5:1). They were not preaching that the Lord Jesus' death on the Cross

See Acts 2:23-24 & 32 5:30.

was so that He was made sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. That means that the gospel which Peter preached on the day of Pentecost was not the same gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles, that Christ died for our sins.

Look at the first question. What were they saved from?

Jerry Shugart

If they were saved (Past tense), what were they saved from?

On the day of Pentecost those who believed the gospel which Paul preached were born of God and were saved from eternally being in hell.

If there was only one gospel then tell me what the Twelve were preaching at Luke 9:6 since at that time they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34)?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If he "meant" future then why did he use the "present" tense?

And do you stick to your idea that the gospel which the Twelve were preaching at Luke 9:6 was a so-called "gospel of wine and roses"? lol

Again you and I agree on what the disciples preached to the Jews only, yet your line of arguing dies out there?

Jerry Shugart

Again you and I agree on what the disciples preached to the Jews only, yet your line of arguing dies out there?

So you admit that the gospel which was preached to the Jews was different from the one which Paul preached to the Gentiles?

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
So you admit that the gospel which was preached to the Jews was different from the one which Paul preached to the Gentiles?

I believe that the gospel of the kingdom was preached until Mt 12 but once it was rejected Jesus taught that he would die for the sins of man.

DAN P

I believe that the gospel of the kingdom was preached until Mt 12 but once it was rejected Jesus taught that he would die for the sins of man.

Hi and what verse in MATT 12 ??

The Law of Moses was taught at Acts 21:21 and just to mention another of many Gal 2:7 where ; THE CIRCUMCISION " is still taught and that is way passed Matt 12 !!

dan p