ECT The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
You'll have to wait and ask the Lord 'why', later.

Depends on how one defines 'Judaism'.

Some say that 'Biblical Judaism' is a Jewish understanding in harmony with Moses and the Prophets, which is Scripture.

This is in contrast with 'Rabbinic Judaism' which is not always in harmony with Scripture.

From this understanding, Phillip was teaching 'Biblical Judaism' which is Scripture and is the truth of Is 53.
:thumb:

Danoh

Here's IP, armchair quarterback on Monday morning 2,000 years later, slandering Spirit-filled Peter with the sin of bigotry.

How can any of you take such people seriously?

Actually, the Spirit filling had by that time not been the case anymore.

Israel having been concluded having continued in the Uncircumcision of heart of their forefathers by then, said Spirit filling as a foretaste of THEIR world to come, was no longer.

Thus, the need for that outside intervention in Acts 10.

This was now, no longer the case...

Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 21:14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

Acts 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead. 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide. 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, 4:9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

In contrast to...

Acts 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate, 10:18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there. 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. 10:20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean. 10:29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?

Get on the likes of an IP for their obvious, insistent incompetence, Musti...

At the same time, strive to ever be a bit more aware of the need to reflect on those things that differ, just a bit more each time, yourself.

In other words, allow yourself to let their ever insistent incompetence to warn you of your/our possible own, on one thing or another.

This is exactly why I do not end up at your extremist "ban anyone who does not hold" your "views" - their errors can ever serve as a reminder that we each ever need to be mindful of possibly our own, in one area or another, at one point, or another.

By this, their would be tribulation towards us, ends up not only working against them, but working in us, patience, and it's resulting experience, etc.

Because Rom. 5:8

Danoh

I dunno, Danoh. Peter had just told Tabitha to rise from the dead, and she did.

That is one of those times in Acts where things are written in chronological order that may not represent the actual order in which they took place (an aspect of Chafer's valid point - about what Dispensationalism allows the seeing of - the things that differ between things).

As with this, for example....

Acts 8:1 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Acts 11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

As another example, what you are citing is from the latter part of Acts 9.

Which then goes into Peter's encounter with Cornelius, in Acts 10.

Which makes things appear as though he was the first to go to the Gentiles after Israel's fall in Acts 7, when in fact, Paul was already ministering among the Gentiles, as a comparison of the things that differ within Acts 9; Galatians 1; and Acts 15 begins to reveal.

Thing is, how does one describe all those events at the same time?

One can't.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

In contrast; words end up a thousand pictures.

One is forced by the limitation of words, to lay events out in what at times only ends up looking like a chronological order of their passing.

Still, I'm certain there might yet be a hole in my argument on this one, I just may sooner or later find is the case.

By the way, thanks for the sword against sword of your take on that - even if but for a moment, it's about time we got beyond IP's nonsense to move forward in each our further sharing with one another those things that differ that we have each come to - though, lol - this one was inadvertently inspired by IP's nonsense.

Tribulation worketh patience.

Eph. 4:16, bro.

musterion

That is one of those times in Acts where things are written in chronological order that may not represent the actual order in which they took place

I dunno, Danoh. There's no indication of a chronological break. You want to speculate that there may be one, knock yourself out. I choose to say there wasn't one and, agreeing with Stam, that Peter was SO dedicated to the "great commission" that he could not fathom for years exactly why he was sent to Cornelius.

But the important point, on which we agree, is that IP is a railing fool with no idea what he's talking about.

Danoh

I dunno, Danoh. There's no indication of a chronological break. You want to speculate that there may be one, knock yourself out. I choose to say there wasn't one and, agreeing with Stam, that Peter was SO dedicated to the "great commission" that he could not fathom for years exactly why he was sent to Cornelius.

But the important point, on which we agree, is that IP is a railing fool with no idea what he's talking about.

It appears from his writings that Stam got that from his understanding of what Peter had meant about things difficult to understand in 2 Peter 3.

I have long concluded Peter was not referring to himself, but to those who having failed to understand aspects of Paul's writings, twist them to their own destruction, as they do also, the other Scriptures.

As for the other point, it's no big deal. Like I said, I may or may not see that differently, down the road some.

Rom. 5:8

musterion

It appears from his writings that Stam got that from his understanding of what Peter had meant about things difficult to understand in 2 Peter 3.

I have long concluded Peter was not referring to himself, but to those who having failed to understand aspects of Paul's writings, twist them to their own destruction, as they do also, the other Scriptures.

Very probably, I think I agree on that. But at the time, he could only explain to the others what had happened. He evidently did not know why it happened and couldn't explain why (as you already know he could not).

As for the other point, it's no big deal. Like I said, I may or may not see that differently, down the road some.

It's already a very big deal, but it's all on IP. He's been exposed to more light than most and he hates it. Too bad, so sad.

Interplanner

Very probably, I think I agree on that. But at the time, he could only explain to the others what had happened. He evidently did not know why it happened and couldn't explain why (as you already know he could not).

It's already a very big deal, but it's all on IP. He's been exposed to more light than most and he hates it. Too bad, so sad.

That light would not be D'ism. It's all Chafer-darkness.

Interplanner

Maybe IP can quote a commentary explaining the reason Peter couldn't explain why the Cornelius incident happened.

Do you mean why did Peter say what he did in 10:34?

He may not have known at the time, but v28 does say he came to Cornelius without any objection.

As usual, you have some of the worst questions about the text I have run into. Stop posting and read the thing 10x more than you post.

Interplanner

Oh, come on, the chronology option is really from "commentaries" from the Chief of Police of Anti-Commentarians.

Luke-Acts was meant to clear Paul of any connection to rebellion. To clear 'redeem Israel' from any zealot connection.

It shows the progression Jesus said would happen did happen, with God moving chess pieces. The D'ist questions are so off base and foundation that they don't know what to look for.

When Peter says in 10:34 about no favoritism, we hear Christ who would later have Paul say the same thing all over the place. Total unity. No twots stinking up the thing.

Interplanner

Steko wrote:
the restored Israel would preach Messiah to the nations.

The "restored" Israel was his followers. That was the ideal for all Israel. To be missionaries. As the Psalm says "The Lord gave the word and the number of those who proclaimed it was enormous."

Interplanner

Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

THESE were the scattered people that THEY were preaching to.

Acts 11:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:19) ¶ Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

Believe your Bible for a change.

The next verse says that some of them (maybe him too) then went and preached to Greeks.

Believe your Bible.

And the Lord blessed them.

Believe your Bible.

Your group is pathologically practicing everything you criticize. You know, the battering ram in the eye for removing a splinter in someone else's? Ever heard of it?

Interplanner

If I may, good sir...

so what? God was making all the moves, not people. "You will recieve power..." God did that.

"You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, Samaria and the ends of the earth" God did that, sometimes involuntarily (Philip).

You are total amateurs.

None of what you are saying changes anything about the mission that was underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.