The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchmanOnTheWall

About two weeks. More everyday. Before that I thought it was the craziest thing I ever heard. If true though, it's the biggest lie since the garden.

Mmmm, I don't think you fully believe it. What percentage do you think it is true?

I'll be honest and say that I 99.9% believe the Earth is globular and 0.15 flat.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Mmmm, I don't think you fully believe it. What percentage do you think it is true?

I'll be honest and say that I 99.9% believe the Earth is globular and 0.15 flat.
No, I don't fully believe it and I can't see a way for me personally, to be 100% either way. We'll all find out in the end. Right now I'd say I'm 80% sure we aren't on a spinning ball flying millions of mph through endless space. Have you checked any of the evidence I've provided in previous pages of posts? Show me where somebody flew from the north pole to the south pole, over Antarctica and back up the other side. Or a rocket, a ship, any mode of transportation. Check your stories for substantial evidence. Was that you that posted a flight from 1977 and a ship from 1979? The alleged plane was a 22 minute video and the alleged ship holds the Guinness record for doing it in 1979 but the record wasn't published until 2015. No proof there, Watchman. On a ball you can do that but you can't, because we are not on a ball.

WatchmanOnTheWall

No, I don't fully believe it and I can't see a way for me personally, to be 100% either way. We'll all find out in the end. Right now I'd say I'm 80% sure we aren't on a spinning ball flying millions of mph through endless space. Have you checked any of the evidence I've provided in previous pages of posts? Show me where somebody flew from the north pole to the south pole, over Antarctica and back up the other side. Or a rocket, a ship, any mode of transportation. Check your stories for substantial evidence. Was that you that posted a flight from 1977 and a ship from 1979? The alleged plane was a 22 minute video and the alleged ship holds the Guinness record for doing it in 1979 but the record wasn't published until 2015. No proof there, Watchman. On a ball you can do that but you can't, because we are not on a ball.

80% :)

I have looked at this stuff for years and know most of the arguments for and against. I even believed it too when I first started researching it but only for about 5 seconds and then my belief vanished as I remembered all the evidence against it. I understand that it is compelling but the evidence for it is all circumstantial.

I spent many a day debating this with FE'ers. My advise is what ever you do try not to leave TOL. Please stay and continue to communicate. The place would miss you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
80% :)

I have looked at this stuff for years and know most of the arguments for and against. I even believed it too when I first started researching it but only for about 5 seconds and then my belief vanished as I remembered all the evidence against it. I understand that it is compelling but the evidence for it is all circumstantial.

I spent many a day debating this with FE'ers. My advise is what ever you do try not to leave TOL. Please stay and continue to communicate. The place would miss you.
Thank you for that, that means a lot to me. I feel like a troll now because I'm so sure we aren't on a ball. In my experience so far, the evidence for a BALL earth is circumstantial and weak. All the evidence you think you have fits a flattish enclosed earth and firmament. You should check more evidence for FE because it can't be refuted. BTW, thanks for avoiding my question again. You're not the only one. :)

WatchmanOnTheWall

Thank you for that, that means a lot to me. I feel like a troll now because I'm so sure we aren't on a ball. In my experience so far, the evidence for a BALL earth is circumstantial and weak. All the evidence you think you have fits a flattish enclosed earth and firmament. You should check more evidence for FE because it can't be refuted. BTW, thanks for avoiding my question again. You're not the only one. :)

Yes that feeling will grow if your percentage grows too and if you get to 100% then you will want to leave TOL. Trust me I've seen this many times before.

And I did answer your question:

Q. Have you checked any of the evidence I've provided in previous pages of posts?

A. I have looked at this stuff for years and know most of the arguments for and against.

If you have a specific evidence you think is worth discussing we can.

One thing in common I find with all flat Earth'ers is a lack of reasoning skills and or education, particularly in basic geography, English and physics.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At this moment it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.”

- by Robert Jastrow, God and the Astonomers

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Joshua 10:12-13 KJV
(12) Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
(13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Is this possible for a spinning orbiting globe earth?
With all the data you have on how a spinning orbiting globe earth functions, what would happen to earth if the sun and moon stood still for a day?

Derf

[h=1]To Pastors Against Flat Earth: WATCH. Weigh the Fruit...[/h]
https://youtu.be/wYQsf5dAVVQ - 15 minutes - Click on this link for full screen view

[h=1][/h]

[Phl 1:15-18 KJV] 15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

There are people that claim they were led to Christ because of Biologos's "ministry". Some say the same of Creation Ministries International and Ken Ham's Answers in Genesis. Some say the same of Hugh Ross's Reasons to Believe. If the video's premise (that a view is true if people come to the gospel through it) is to be taken as gospel (pun intended), then all three of these ideas, which preach contradictory views of scripture, are correct. And for that to be the case, the scriptures they use can't really mean anything at all, since they provide contradictory views.

Fortunately, our understanding of how the earth and the heavens work doesn't have to be perfect for us to be saved. But I think we should search out the matter, seeking truth.

PJ, if you're going to go down the flat earth path, look out for tricks of the camera on both sides. I know they are there with the flat earth folks--you can see them if you look for them.

And remember that the flat earth model that is usually presented doesn't jive with scripture's "rising and setting of the sun" as well as the globular earth does. The sun and moon can't "rise" and "set" when they are just spinning in a plane above the earth's surface. But they CAN rise and set when in the globular earth model, whether it's from them moving around the earth or the earth spinning--both will accurately be described by "rising and setting".

Reactions: Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Joshua 10:12-13 KJV
(12) Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
(13) And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Is this possible for a spinning orbiting globe earth?
With all the data you have on how a spinning orbiting globe earth functions, what would happen to earth if the sun and moon stood still for a day?
Good questions, because God would have had to stop the whole universe from expanding continuously at millions of miles per hour. Because if the sun stopped then everything had to stop.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good questions, because God would have had to stop the whole universe from expanding continuously at millions of miles per hour. Because if the sun stopped then everything had to stop.
I just saw that you started a thread about the biblical perspective of the earth.
I will take my posts there.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[Phl 1:15-18 KJV]
And remember that the flat earth model that is usually presented doesn't jive with scripture's "rising and setting of the sun" as well as the globular earth does. The sun and moon can't "rise" and "set" when they are just spinning in a plane above the earth's surface. But they CAN rise and set when in the globular earth model, whether it's from them moving around the earth or the earth spinning--both will accurately be described by "rising and setting".
Thanks, I'll keep a lookout for trickery. Indeed the sun certainly can rise and set in an enclosed flat earth and firmament , as I've proven in this and other threads.

Some have "said" they were led to Christ by many different ways and things. The video channel I posted is not a "ministry", he's not a preacher and he doesn't ask for money. Maybe he wants views but they drastically demonetized videos last year. He nor I are trying to lead people astray or hurt anybody. It's a cult and it's occult.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And now one can view the curve of the earth through the front windshield of a Tesla Roadster.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status...ex-falcon-heavy-launch-elon-musk-live-updates
Perfect timing. There's no way that could be faked, right? Looks like a movie to me. Maybe somebody knows how to analyze an image and detect photo shop or CGI? I can't. Yep, that picture proves we're on a ball.

Some words from a Red Hot Chilis song: Californication:

It's the edge of the world
And all of western civilization
The sun may rise in the East
At least it settles in the final location
It's understood that Hollywood
Sells Californication

Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a Hollywood basement

Cobain can you hear the spheres
Singing songs off station to station
And Alderaan's not far away
It's Californication

Derf

Perfect timing. There's no way that could be faked, right? Looks like a movie to me. Maybe somebody knows how to analyze an image and detect photo shop or CGI? I can't. Yep, that picture proves we're on a ball.

I'm not saying it can't be faked. But if it's assumed that it's faked just because it shows the wrong view, then there's no objectivity. I brought this up to Dave--he seemed unwilling to concede that the flat earth videos were possibly faked, or deliberately skewed to promote that view point, while assuming that all views of a rounded horizon were faked. Of course it's impossible to sway anyone with such a mind-set.

Whether fake or not, the idea of putting a Tesla in orbit is pretty funny!

glorydaz

I thought of you all when I watched that today. There is no reason to fake the curvature of the earth. We see it all the time from satellite pictures, too. :idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.