The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you saying that it's possible to fly around the world in a flat earth, east to west or west to east?

How about you provide me a model of your flat earth. Make sure it's the model you really buy into as I can then prove through flight patterns that your model doesn't line up with reality.

All commercial flights are over a flat, motionless earth in all directions. The land and seas below all commercial flights rise up to eye level and no curvature is even seen and no movement of the earth below is ever apparent.

On a curved earth the ground and seas would drop further below our eye level the higher we ascend.

No flights fly "around" anything. They fly in straight paths once a cruising altitude is rached for long distance flights from one city to another.

Funny how we have to be constantly told by globers that what we are experiencing is not real.

--Dave

WizardofOz

All commercial flights are over a flat, motionless earth in all directions. The land and seas below all commercial flights rise up to eye level and no curvature is even seen and no movement of the earth below is ever apparent.

On a curved earth the ground and seas would drop further below our eye level the higher we ascend.

No flights fly "around" anything. They fly in straight paths once a cruising altitude is rached for long distance flights from one city to another.

Funny how we have to be constantly told by globers that what we are experiencing is not real.

--Dave

But flight paths can prove that one could begin a flight from a city and fly in one direction and end up back at the same city where the journey was started. I can fly to Tokyo by flying east or I can fly to Tokyo by flying west.

Also,

Airplane flights in the Southern Hemisphere prove that the Earth is a globe, and not flat.
All you have to do is use a flight tracker like Flight Aware, to see the length of time of miles, of flights in the Southern Hemisphere; to see that it’s impossible to fly that distance on a flat earth.

Here

How long or how many miles should a flight from (Johannesburg) South Africa to (Perth) Australia take using a flat earth model?

Let's look at actual figures and data rather than all this hand waving.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why does the bottom of the ship disappear?
I'll give you all the time you need to find somebody that really and truly flew from the north pole to the south pole, kept going and came back to the north pole going back up the other side of the ball earth. Imagine a beach ball and a toy plane flying from the top of the ball to the bottom and up the other side to the top again. It's never been done because it's impossible and it never will be done. You know why? Impossible.

WizardofOz

I'll give you all the time you need to find somebody that really and truly flew from the north pole to the south pole, kept going and came back to the north pole going back up the other side of the ball earth. Imagine a beach ball and a toy plane flying from the top of the ball to the bottom and up the other side to the top again. It's never been done because it's impossible and it never will be done. You know why? Impossible.

How would it be any different flying from east to west? In your model, can I take off from a city in a plane and fly in a straight direction and end up at the same city I began? How can I fly east to Tokyo or west to Tokyo on a flat earth?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How would it be any different flying from east to west? In your model, can I take off from a city in a plane and fly in a straight direction and end up at the same city I began? How can I fly east to Tokyo or west to Tokyo on a flat earth?
that's exactly what I'm saying, you can't do that north south. and if you go from LA to LA by only going west, the path would actually be a circle.

Lon

Had to ask. I just don't think anyone that has flown with a window seat would have speculated the world was flat. I have too many pilot friends and know for a fact, they don't lie. They are believers. One of them may go one way (over the top) to China, then travel the opposite way on another trip. I don't want to make a big deal. This thread has gone on long enough and there has been debate enough. It is in this section to attest to that fact as well. I've also sailed and used GPS. I also believe a few scriptures hang on a global earth, not sure it would destroy faith not to believe them to be associated with a global earth. They do carry more significant meaning that way, like how far our sins are removed from us. :e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Look at the map I posted with the sun going around. Or look at the United Nations Logo. :chuckle:

Lon

that's exactly what I'm saying, you can't do that north south. and if you go from LA to LA by only going west, the path would actually be a circle.

Doesn't work that way. The BEST way to prove this to you and Dave, would be to talk you both into getting your aviation licenses. Likely not going to happen so the only way for such discussion to go is into the archives. I know, per fact, the earth is a globe. You don't. No place to go from here, right?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Doesn't work that way. The BEST way to prove this to you and Dave, would be to talk you both into getting your aviation licenses. Likely not going to happen so the only way for such discussion to go is into the archives. I know, per fact, the earth is a globe. You don't. No place to go from here, right?
You're lying now Lon, you do not know 100%. I know you need to be smarter than everybody else but lying isn't your style.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]This pilot admits to know the earth is FLAT[/h]
3 minutes - Click on link to ensure full screen
https://youtu.be/MmjKRktNzVc

Lon

You're lying now Lon, you do not know 100%. I know you need to be smarter than everybody else but lying isn't your style.

Not but inane baiting. If 'lying' is your only 'nuh uh' it is a lost debate. I don't have to go beyond this post because of it. :e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
7c4b2bc538fddb3a3a5175b27c7820a6.jpg

Lon

"As far as the East is from the West, so far are your sins removed." In the flat-earth version? A short flight. In my understanding? Infinite, East NEVER meets West. Doubling down on your convictions is different than listening to what others are saying. Because I've a good many pilot friends, have flown with them and know how it all works, you can't find a pilot that doesn't understand the earth is a globe. Not unless something happened and he's no longer a pilot or is playing with you. That's 'lying?' I cannot carry on a conversation with one so situated that 'lie' is the first thing off his/her lips. It is TOO entrenched for me to do a lick of good. I CAN prove the earth is a globe at a certain amount of cost and a plane flight. You don't believe it? It doesn't really matter, does it? If you've a few thousand bucks and are up for a flight, let me know and we'll settle this thread. Until then? :nono: Believe what you like. I won't be able to prove a thing without $ down. Not interested? Neither am I. I know what I know and "don't care" what you want to believe after that. I really don't. Could give a rip less. It'd cost 'me' too much to prove it to you. I'm not sure your ignorance is worth a few thousand. This thread isn't worth a few thousand. If it ever really matters to you, to have it proved, let me know and we can wrap this up in short order because you'll travel 'around.' :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.