The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why north to south when we already have clear evidence of east to west and vice-versa. Planes fly from 'around the globe' and end where they began every. single. day.

world-airroute-map.jpg

Notice how one could fly to Tokyo either going east or west no matter where on earth they begin. How is this possible if the earth is flat?

Go to a site to book a flight. Go to Tokyo by traveling east. Go to Tokyo by traveling west. It can be done no matter which direction you go.

How does a flat-earth explain this away?

Don't we have tons of pictures taken from space that planets are round?

Reactions: Lon

WizardofOz

East to west flights go in a circle. You're way behind the "curve", thanks for playin'. It can't be done north to south or south to north, that's why "I need it",

Are you saying that it's possible to fly around the world in a flat earth, east to west or west to east?

How about you provide me a model of your flat earth. Make sure it's the model you really buy into as I can then prove through flight patterns that your model doesn't line up with reality.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying that it's possible to fly around the world in a flat earth, east to west or west to east?

How about you provide me a model of your flat earth. Make sure it's the model you really buy into as I can then prove through flight patterns that your model doesn't line up with reality.
Yes, that's what I'm saying, east to west circumnavigation goes in a circle, The north pole is at the center of the flat enclosed earth. Nearly every video I've posted shows how this works.

Reactions: Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You can't prove it by flight patterns because the "patterns" you use will be from a GLOBE earth. See?

WizardofOz

[MENTION=16629]patrick jane[/MENTION] - How about you provide me a model of your flat earth

Link me a picture of your flat earth model

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
View attachment 26128 View attachment 26129

And there is no reason why you should expect to see curvature. Humans simply cannot see far enough out to see a bend in the globe. The Earth is much too large for humans on to 'see' the curvature.

Why aren't the columns parallel?

Yes, there was. You're just hand waving. The builders of this bridge has to compensate for the curvature of the earth when they built this bridge. I supplied a citation showing so. Unless you can provide evidence to counter mine, you have no debunked a thing.

What type of configuration would you expect?

Sure they have. What an odd claim.
Total length 13,700 feet (4,176 m)
Width 103 feet (31 m)
Height 649.68 feet (198 m)

Rather, it is a rather precise calculation. If the curvature of the earth was not compensated for this bridge would not function correctly.

They are not at all perpendicular. They are also not parallel to one another.
Sunlight glints off the pair of monumental steel towers, 70 stories tall, carrying the curvature of the earth into the sky, where their tops are exactly 15⁄8 inches farther apart than at their base.

Smithsonian

The Humber Bridge in England is another example of a long bridge that needed to compensate for the curvature of the earth.
The towers, although both vertical, are 36 mm (1.4 inches) farther apart at the top than the bottom due to the curvature of the earth.

Why are they designed further apart at the top compared to the base? Why would they do this?

Also, the Japan Proton Accelerator Complex or J-PARC was built with the curvature of the earth in mind

http://media.economist.com/images/images-magazine/2011/06/25/st/20110625_stc904.gif

See Here and [url=http://www.slac.stanford.edu/econf/C04100411/papers/010.PDF]Here
You are making some extraordinary claims that will require at least some evidence.

They don't build the towers to be wider at the top to compensate for a curve. They simply build the towers to be straight up from their base. They don't slant the towers. No one measures the top of these towers to see if they are further apart than at the bottom. These alleged differences are calculations based on a belief the earth is curved. The spans between the towers are arched in order to bear the massive a amount of weight.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sure, but are they spherical? Flat earthers contend that planets are flat discs so they won't dispute that "planets are round".
Not flat discs per se but an enclosed earth. There are the foundations of the earth and the fountains of the deep. There are waters above the firmament etc. What you think is never ending space is enclosed, the firmament, with waters above. In the great flood for instance, and in many scriptures, the heavens opened up.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Not flat discs per se but an enclosed earth. There are the foundations of the earth and the fountains of the deep. There are waters above the firmament etc. What you think is never ending space is enclosed, the firmament, with waters above. In the great flood for instance, and in many scriptures, the heavens opened up.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

where is the picture you are talking about?

WizardofOz

They don't build the towers to be wider at the top to compensate for a curve.

Not "wider at the top" they are further away from each other[i/] at the top than at the bottom.

They simply build the towers to be straight up from their base.

The most certainly did not as the towers are not parallel from one another.

They don't slant the towers.

Sure they did.

No one measures the top of these towers to see if they are further apart than at the bottom.
And no one would need to as they were built that way. The architect called for the towers to take into consideration of the curvature of the earth. They were built as he planned them.

These alleged differences are calculations based on a belief the earth is curved. The spans between the towers are arched in order to bear the massive a amount of weight.

You have no evidence to support this claim you are simply plugging in an assertion to fit your preconceived notion that curvature was not compensated for when the bridge was built.

You are not offering any evidence to counter mine you are simply hand waving away all evidence that blows your flat earth theory out of the water.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is an orange a sphere? Yes, it is. The cutting of the orange shows what humans see and why were should never expect to 'see' the curvature of the earth.

This was addressed in the video. It is explained why the idea is incorrect at around the 9 minute mark.

It's a mirage. Have you attempted to look across Lake Ontario at Toronto as challenged in the video? Why do you lose the bottom of all the buildings?

Because it's lost to the curvature of the earth.

Why do we always lose the bottom of the ship first?

Cutting an orange creates a flat surface.

Usually the waves are hiding the bottom of ships, cities, and landscapes at a far distance away. Also the bottoms of ships, city, and landscapes become very narrow at the bottoms at great distances. When the waters are calm we always see more of the bottom. The boat in the video is a perfect example of the narrow bottom disappearing because of distance before the larger and taller sale on top of it, not because of a curve.

--Dave

WizardofOz

Cutting an orange creates a flat surface.

Usually the waves are hiding the bottom of ships, cities, and landscapes at a far distance away. Also the bottoms of ships, city, and landscapes become very narrow at the bottoms at great distances. When the waters are calm we always see more of the bottom. The boat in the video is a perfect example of the narrow bottom disappearing because of distance before the larger and taller sale on top of it, not because of a curve.

--Dave

It would have to be a 30+ foot wave in order for us to only see the top of the sail at the end of this short video.

Are your eyes lying to you? Why do we only see the very top of the sail at the end? It isn't because of waves

Status
Not open for further replies.