Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Exactly, ignore the fact that if you take a beach ball and a toy plane, you can "fly" the plane from the top of the ball (north) and gou south to the bottom of the ball then back up the other side of the ball and hence back to the north, the top. Around the ball from north back to north. Why can't we do that?
Hey, if you want to spend the money on flying a plane from north pole over the south Pole and back to the north pole, no one is stopping you.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Here's one for you. Why can't ANYBODY sail south from the north pole and KEEP GOING SOUTH to eventually end up back at the north pole? You could do that on a globe but it can't be done.

Let me help you with the grammar, perhaps that will help you??? (One hopes).

'Here's one for you. Why can't ANYBODY sail south from the north pole and KEEP GOING around the supposed globe to eventually end up back at the north pole? Because it is not a globe we are on but it is a flat circle.'

Some how I don't think this will help you. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Let me help you with the grammar, perhaps that will help you??? (One hopes).

'Here's one for you. Why can't ANYBODY sail south from the north pole and KEEP GOING around the supposed globe to eventually end up back at the north pole? Because it is not a globe we are on but it is a flat circle.'

Some how I don't think this will help you. :)
That's the whole point, I'm saying the earth is a flatish plane. A flat enclosed earth, like the Bible says.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's one for you. Why can't ANYBODY go to their front garden from their back garden and KEEP GOING to their front garden to eventually end up back at their back garden?

Is it because they would need to turn around and go to their back garden by any chance.

I think turning around is the key here. :)
Does a spinning and moving globe 'turn around' to go back?
Does the spinning globe travel east around the sun at times, and then turn around to go west around the sun at times, or does it travel in the same direction?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Does a spinning and moving globe 'turn around' to go back?
Does the spinning globe travel east around the sun at times, and then turn around to go west around the sun at times, or does it travel in the same direction?

I think you've gotten confused about what I am explain to PJ.

Right Divider

Body part
Quit posting videos and answer this question:

How can the NORTH STAR appear at the HORIZON for those at the equator but is DIRECTLY OVERHEAD for those at the north pole?

The simple answer is that it is NOT POSSIBLE in the "flat earth" model.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You get what I was saying, I did word it wrong. I'm talking on a beach ball from the north to the south and back up the other side. You get it now. :thumb: Has anybody ever done it? I can't find it.

Ahhr so you see now. This will help you word things better concerning this subject. Which is important when trying to convey your understanding for others to follow. Also by understanding the difference between latitude and longitude, and the two fixed points for a globular model Earth as opposed to one fixed point for Azimuthal flat Earth model, this two will help you expound on this subject in the more assured hope that others will understand you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quit posting videos and answer this question:

How can the NORTH STAR appear at the HORIZON for those at the equator but is DIRECTLY OVERHEAD for those at the north pole?

The simple answer is that it is NOT POSSIBLE in the "flat earth" model.
Too far away from the north pole. But why can't anybody go from the top of the ball to the bottom and around and back up the other side?

Right Divider

Body part
Too far away from the north pole.
What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Polaris is visible from both the north pole and the equator. At the north pole it is directly overhead ALL OF THE TIME. At the equator it is visible on the horizon. That is NOT possible on a "flat earth".

Go back to school and learn about geometry.

But why can't anybody go from the top of the ball to the bottom and around and back up the other side?
Anyone can do it anytime that they like.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Polaris is visible from both the north pole and the equator. At the north pole it is directly overhead ALL OF THE TIME. At the equator it is visible on the horizon. That is NOT possible on a "flat earth".

Go back to school and learn about geometry.

Anyone can do it anytime that they like.
It's absolutely the way a flat earth would be to answer your first statement. For the send, Crossing the south pole is not the same thing as passing through Antarctica during a circumnavigation, like following the 30 degree line from north to south.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You can book a flight from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Auckland, New Zealand with Air New Zealand non-stop, with a total flight time of 13.36 hours. On Google maps the distance between these two places is about 6400 miles which gives an average speed of 479mph which is what is expected of most commercial airliners.

If the Earth was flat and looked like Azimuthal equidistant 'flat earth' projected map the distance between these two places would be at around 22,000 to 27,000 miles making such a flight impossible in that time.

Please try this for yourself; Air New Zealand numbers are
New Zealand 0800 737 000
Australia 13-2476
USA 1-800 262 1234
Great Britain 0800 028 4149
Eire 1-800 551 447
Canada 1-800 663 5494.

You can also try this with Quantas who fly direct from Sydney and Santiago or Johannesburg, their number from the US is: 1 800 227 4500

Right Divider

Body part
It's absolutely the way a flat earth would be to answer your first statement. For the send, Crossing the south pole is not the same thing as passing through Antarctica during a circumnavigation, like following the 30 degree line from north to south.
Have you yet figured out why the moon is not visible from Sydney while at the same time it is visible from Nashville?

You've got a problem with reality PJ.

Why is the direct flight from Sydney to Santiago ~12-14 hours? Is the plane really flying at ~1500 MPH? No, it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.