ECT The Dejected Fools

SaulToPaul 2

He had just told them they were fools in their knowledge of the OT, and then in Acts 1 he told them it's none of their business to ask about a kingdom for Israel because the power of the kingdom of God was coming.

See, here's another example where you embellish and bend it towards your bias.
He was talking about the timing, not about the kingdom itself.

I don't understand why you do these things (I think I know).

Interplanner

See, here's another example where you embellish and bend it towards your bias.
He was talking about the timing, not about the kingdom itself.

I don't understand why you do these things (I think I know).

Because of the direction Acts and history goes! Because of the "but" after disconnecting from the "timing"! Because "power" is a royal admin term!

Interplanner

None of this makes it a rebuke about the nature of the kingdom.
It is still about the timing.

Made up. Where else have you heard "it is not for you to know..." as a friendly expression

Then the "but" is there to contrast with that interest--the kingdom, which you know was their delusional interest from 24:21. Oh, but there is no way that has anything to do with them mistakenly asking again and him slapping them in the face, does it?

Then there is "power." Not horsepower, but the work of the Spirit to actually have happen what was spoken of by the prophets upon the moment of the enthronement of Christ--the power of ministry, the power of people hearing the mighty acts of God (the Gospel) in their own language. and other things found in Eph 4:7.

Compared to all that, you have the most made up madeup ever.

SaulToPaul 2

Made up. Where else have you heard "it is not for you to know..." as a friendly expression

Then the "but" is there to contrast with that interest--the kingdom, which you know was their delusional interest from 24:21. Oh, but there is no way that has anything to do with them mistakenly asking again and him slapping them in the face, does it?

Then there is "power." Not horsepower, but the work of the Spirit to actually have happen what was spoken of by the prophets upon the moment of the enthronement of Christ--the power of ministry, the power of people hearing the mighty acts of God (the Gospel) in their own language. and other things found in Eph 4:7.

Compared to all that, you have the most made up madeup ever.

If there is a rebuke at all, it is about the timing, as opposed to the nature.

Right Divider

Body part
If there is a rebuke at all, it is about the timing, as opposed to the nature.
Isn't it interesting where is puts the dots and what he leaves out?

Acts 1:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

In court, that would be called NOT telling the WHOLE truth.

Interplanner

The 2P2P Revised version of Acts 1:

Disciples: "We're still thinking about that redeemed Israel--you know, the one we mentioned the other day. So...when, hmmm?"

Jesus: "Great question! Just hold that thought! You guys have really got it, although, no, now that I think about it, I'm not telling you the time. Man, I'm impressed that you realize it's still coming. You know, if you keep it up, it might happen here in a week or so. We'll be marchin' and slashin' Gentile pigs and abolishin' interracial marriages (the old Canaanite snag, remember) and this will really be some place. And just think of all the circumcisions we could get done. I mean, the thrones guys. The groans for the thrones. Forget what I said about the death bit OK? Just testin' ya. Everyone in the whole world will be drawn here, to see me--no, us! The local economy will be boosted by 1M drachma per year, and this hulk of a temple will be paid off! Wowsers!"

SaulToPaul 2

The 2P2P Revised version of Acts 1:

Disciples: "We're still thinking about that redeemed Israel--you know, the one we mentioned the other day. So...when, hmmm?"

Jesus: "Great question! Just hold that thought! You guys have really got it, although, no, now that I think about it, I'm not telling you the time. Man, I'm impressed that you realize it's still coming. You know, if you keep it up, it might happen here in a week or so. We'll be marchin' and slashin' Gentile pigs and abolishin' interracial marriages (the old Canaanite snag, remember) and this will really be some place. And just think of all the circumcisions we could get done. I mean, the thrones guys. The groans for the thrones. Forget what I said about the death bit OK? Just testin' ya. Everyone in the whole world will be drawn here, to see me--no, us! The local economy will be boosted by 1M drachma per year, and this hulk of a temple will be paid off! Wowsers!"

Perhaps the silliest post of the year.
Humor isn't your forte, stick with fiction.

Interplanner

Well, one thing we know from today is that D'ists/2P2Ps think it is perfectly normal to have an idiot make a mental health determination on the internet, in public, based on some interpretations, and the D'ists are so spineless that they won't rebuke the person. Not one.

And you wonder why people don't want to become Christians.

It is quite toxic to have the land of Israel as your hope of all hopes, instead of the Gospel of God's grace towards us.

Danoh

He honestly needs to seek some mental health help.

Nonsense.

That's just ever living by your double-standard.

For IP's point is partly valid - just as STP's is partly valid.

The focus within some of the Twelve was at times a focus on their coming authority in the wrong way; who would sit next to Him, and so on.

And His response to that then, is the same sense as His response to their question, in Acts 1.

For they had been the most basic of men - blue collar, working class types, rough around the edges, plain old fisherman - chosen by Him for that for its point through that to Israel: the point that God was not impressed with pedigree.

Plain old Archie Bunker types.

But such can be a headache, as they nevertheless also tend to focus on the materialistic - in an even much based sort of way.

They asked Him that question out of that.

He then not only told them they were not to concern themselves with its timing, but what the right focus of their coming authority or power was supposed to be focused on.

This is a case where both IP and STP are partly right.

But you being consistent, just had to assert IP needs to seek mental health.

You're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

As is anyone who condones such grace-lessness on your part towards anyone who either has their own view, or who opposes whatever yours and your pal's might be.

Rom. 5:8.

DAN P

Nonsense.
The focus within some of the Twelve was at times a focus on their coming authority in the wrong way; who would sit next to Him, and so on.

Hi and our FOCUS is in Eph 3:9 and what the MYSTERY is and that was not what the 12 were doing NOT this poster , so get a GRIP ??

dan p