ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMJerusha

Not so. Also, Paul never decried any of Yeshua's teaching while He was on earth, didn't identify it as being solely for the House of Israel, and, in fact, taught Timothy to look to the Scripture for training in righteousness. He wasn't talking about the New Testament, "the Bible Jesus read."

2 Cor 5:16-21.

That does not delineate Yeshua's teaching on earth from His teaching to Paul but rather the Old Covenant from the New in Yeshua as he points out in verse 21,"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

It's important to understand that Paul went out of his way in his letters to the Corinthians to put an end to divisive attitudes in their congregation. 1 Corinthians 1:11-13 "My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, 'I follow Paul'; another, 'I follow Apollos'; another, 'I follow Cephas'; still another, 'I follow Christ.' Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?" We can't ignore Paul's words here. Yeshua is not divided in any way, shape or form and neither is His Body.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Except that it's God's purpose to fill the earth, the city, and the heavens with his people.

The OT temple had 3 basic sections: One for the people, the priests, and then beyond the veil. The earth is for the people, the city for the kings and priests, and beyond the veil are those seated in Christ (his Body). One kingdom of God, one building filling the universe.

Whether you agree with him or not is up to you.

You are suggesting some kind of hierarchy amongst "the assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven" that does not include Jews.

Not biblical . . .

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because some things are, and some things aren't. No dispensationalist denies that figures of speech are used in the Bible.

There is no warrant, however, for making "the land wherein your fathers dwelt" into something else.
So true.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

That is the last verse of chapter 20.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Except that it's God's purpose to fill the earth, the city, and the heavens with his people.

The OT temple had 3 basic sections: One for the people, the priests, and then beyond the veil. The earth is for the people, the city for the kings and priests, and beyond the veil are those seated in Christ (his Body). One kingdom of God, one building filling the universe.

Whether you agree with him or not is up to you.

You have not figured out how Abraham inherits the land while seated with Christ in his Kingdom.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Right. Israel. Not Jesus Christ.

Jesus would come no matter where Israel traveled.

Israel is real.
Jesus Christ is real.
They are not one and the same.

There is no spiritual Israel.
Israel is real. Israel is a nation that God specifically chose and separated from other nations.

And God is not through with Israel.

because Israel is a nation of Christians (Christ IN) now scattered, soon to be gathered by the Lord.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They are all literally Israelites who were born into the literal flesh nation of Israel, but only those literal Israelites who believed GOD are counted as the Israel of promise which is also literal.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Sure do.
But the typology is also literal.
Both Israel and Jesus are literal.
They are not one and the same.

They are literally distinct temporally, but prophetically and eternally, "Israel," "the Child," and the "Son of God" (Jesus Christ) are declared to be the same beloved of God, according to Matthew 2:15/Hosea 11:1

II Corinthians 4:17-18

IMJerusha

Nang,

God's Word clearly says that the Apostle Paul revealed a MYSTERY not known to men of other ages. I'll believe God's Word, and you can read the portions of Scripture that have already been posted for you by others. In the meantime, you continue to contradict yourself and God's Word.

That doesn't mean that Yeshua didn't know about the details of the Covenant before He came to earth. Scripture doesn't imply any limitations on Yeshua's knowledge but for the last day. Matthew 24:36

And while we're in the 24th chapter of Matthew, pay attention to the 14th verse wherein Yeshua calls the Gospel the Gospel of the Kingdom. He doesn't state there will be another mysterious gospel revelation after His death and resurrection. He did warn, however, of deceptions to come and this is what we must all be on guard about. So, I commend you for believing God's Word so long as you do and not man's interpretations of God's Word and caveats to God's intents and purposes.

IMJerusha

The age Paul was in began at the cross and Pentecost.

Limiting. The age Paul was in began with God's implementation of the New Covenant in His Son before Yeshua ever came to earth and honestly, even that is limiting on my part.

All the Apostles knew what the mystery was. It was and is no mystery to those who Christ took up residence in from the first.LA

Agreed. John 15:3 It had all been explained to them.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, however

Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Ezekiel 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

The land is OT type of Gods Kingdom on earth.

Abraham is the father of many nations and inherits the whole earth.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

and as Andy has pointed out the temple/ sanctuary in their midst is Jesus Christ himself.

The problem seems to be in understanding that the Kingdom is localized at the beginning of the return of Christ and extends out through---

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Eze 47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
Eze 47:2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
Eze 47:3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.
Eze 47:4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
Eze 47:5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
Eze 47:6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.
Eze 47:7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
Eze 47:8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
Eze 47:9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
Eze 47:10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
Eze 47:11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
Eze 47:12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

but yes, there are favoured mortals who are gathered to the Kingdom of Israel, but you will discover they are the new children of the Bride, the great multitude of Rev.ch 7 Isaiah ch 49.

LA

IMJerusha

That doesn't mean that Yeshua didn't know about the details of the Covenant before He came to earth. Scripture doesn't imply any limitations on Yeshua's knowledge but for the last day. Matthew 24:36

And while we're in the 24th chapter of Matthew, pay attention to the 14th verse wherein Yeshua calls the Gospel the Gospel of the Kingdom. He doesn't state there will be another mysterious gospel revelation after His death and resurrection. He did warn, however, of deceptions to come and this is what we must all be on guard about. So, I commend you for believing God's Word so long as you do and not man's interpretations of God's Word and caveats to God's intents and purposes.

Rather than slap me around via the rep system, Nick, show me where Scripture implies limitation of Yeshua's knowledge or show me how doctrine that Scripture may indicate in one way but refute in another is correct doctrine.

IMJerusha

Limiting. The age Paul was in began with God's implementation of the New Covenant in His Son before Yeshua ever came to earth and honestly, even that is limiting on my part.

Agreed. John 15:3 It had all been explained to them.

And the same goes for this post, Nick. I don't see anything here that requires repentance for. Why would I need to repent for accepting that God is all powerful beyond our imaginings and that He gave all authority in heaven and earth to Yeshua? Why would I need to repent for believing Yeshua's words?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Has anyone bothered to read the fine article linked by Cedarbay, here?

This settles all arguments about that--

Zep 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Zep 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
Zep 3:11 In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
Zep 3:12 I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
Zep 3:13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
Zep 3:14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
Zep 3:15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
Zep 3:16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Zep 3:18 I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
Zep 3:19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
Zep 3:20 At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Regardless of who one claims Israel is, A mill. is proven wrong.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.