ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All made up.

The land WHEREIN YOUR FATHERS DWELT.

Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Believe anything except the words on the page, right?

All of this refers to the Seed of David, Jesus Christ, receiving and fulfilling the eternal (spiritual) promises of God. This portion is promise made to the elect remnant, ("the sons of promise" taught by Paul in Galatians 4:21-31) which they will receive in the final resurrection to glory in Christ.

andyc

All made up.

The land WHEREIN YOUR FATHERS DWELT.

Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Believe anything except the words on the page, right?

Was it the physical land that was the true blessing?
Is this what sets them apart?

David dwelt in Jerusalem, but his desire was to dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Heaven.

SaulToPaul 2

All of this refers to the Seed of David, Jesus Christ, receiving and fulfilling the eternal (spiritual) promises of God. This portion is promise made to the elect remnant, ("the sons of promise" taught by Paul in Galatians 4:21-31) which they will receive in the final resurrection to glory in Christ.

Made up.

SaulToPaul 2

Was it the physical land that was the true blessing?
Is this what sets them apart?

David dwelt in Jerusalem, but his desire was to dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Heaven.

Where had their fathers dwelt?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Yeah but, it doesn't mean what it says. Maybe we need a pope to tell us what it really means.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The practice of stringent literalism, stunts the learning of the depths of the revelations of Christ in Holy Scripture.

Messiah is the subject of the entire bible, and to prayerfully read all the word of God, seeking truth about Him, is the greatest search a mortal can make. Romans 11:36

andyc

It's spiritually fulfilled. David is not the eternal servant king. This is obviously talking about Christ, who's kingdom is not of this world.

Why do you choose to take literal some aspects, and not others?
It's similar to your accepting that the description of babylon in revelation is pictorial, but not the heavenly city. This shows that the end justifies the means with you.

Anyway, I gotta take doggy for his nightly walk. Sees ya later.

SaulToPaul 2

It's spiritually fulfilled.

andyc

The practice of stringent literalism, stunts the learning of the depths of the revelations of Christ in Holy Scripture.

Messiah is the subject of the entire bible, and to prayerfully read all the word of God, seeking truth about Him, is the greatest search a mortal can make. Romans 11:36

HA HA you beat me to it. The thing is it's selective literalism.

SaulToPaul 2

HA HA you beat me to it. The thing is it's selective literalism.

Because some things are, and some things aren't. No dispensationalist denies that figures of speech are used in the Bible.

There is no warrant, however, for making "the land wherein your fathers dwelt" into something else.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Jacob received heavenly promise, and inherited the temporal land promise as a type of the eternal promises, which he looked for in faith. See Hebrews 11:9-10, 13-21

There is strong reason Jacob is mentioned in this prophecy, for it is through his faithful lineage the Christ came into the world to fulfill all these spiritual promises.

SaulToPaul 2

Jacob received heavenly promise, and inherited the temporal land promise as a type of the eternal promises, which he looked for in faith. See Hebrews 11:9-10, 13-21

There is strong reason Jacob is mentioned in this prophecy, for it is through his faithful lineage the Christ came into the world to fulfill all these spiritual promises.

Where had Ezekiel's fathers dwelt?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Because some things are, and some things aren't. No dispensationalist denies that figures of speech are used in the Bible.

There is no warrant, however, for making "the land wherein your fathers dwelt" into something else.

You do not believe in Typology?

You do not grant many promises have more than single applications?

If not, you are missing a lot of learning, fella . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Where was this land?

Ezekiel is using the promised land provided to the nation, as a type, to prophesy about the spiritual, eternal promises given to Jacob. The passage is not about Ezekiel, or the temporal land, but about the faithful lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob who would receive the heavenly promises through Messiah, the seed of David.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No warrant for saying that.

It is warranted because Jacob and David are named, who would inherit the spiritual promises, just as the nation of Israel had inherited the land promises.

If Ezekiel had named Esau instead of Jacob, and King Saul instead of King David, you would be correct to limit this verse to apply only to the literal land possessed by the earthly kingdom of Israel.

But these are definitely "everlasting" promises, that will only be kept in and through the eternal "Israel" of God, who promises to tabernacle forever in the midst of His spiritual people, as revealed in Revelation 21:1-8 . . which scripture interprets the fulfillments of Ezekiel 37:25-28.

Status
Not open for further replies.