The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
we will never know what really went on here
We already do. We just won't know the fine print. The police Chief already told us the kid did nothing to violate the law, so no hoax charges or any charges. We already know that according to some protocol he was handcuffed and arrested, then later released.

Those are the salient facts. The rest is footnote.

thanks to the lawyers
they will settle out of court
Yeah lawyers! Whoot-whoot!

Imagine the courts if no one settled. Or better yet, go down to the DMV and look around.

and
everyone will be forced to sign a non disclosure
By gunpoint and under penalty of death. Well, no, though it typically is in the nature of settlements. Keeps either side from trying the old, "I was innocent, but--" routine. You get a lot of innocent buts when you don't do that sort of thing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah... all those Christian terrorists running around blowing people up at markets and stuff. It's so scary. :chuckle:

You guys did notice he used the word "also," right? That's...pretty important. In that it established a distinction as well as a comparison.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You guys did notice he used the word "also," right? That's...pretty important. In that it established a distinction as well as a comparison.
He questioned who was the most violent group in the world.... "Muslims are the most violent religious group in the world?"

Granite

Hall of Fame
He questioned who was the most violent group in the world.... "Muslims are the most violent religious group in the world?"

And...he...said:

"Christendom was also propagated by the sword."

Which is true.

The difference being that Christianity had the jump start of a few centuries on Islam, which has played catch up literally and figuratively ever since.

The cross was spread by the sword as surely as the crescent was (and is). I wouldn't make the mistake of claiming Christianity's the most violent religion on the planet--currently--and I don't think this cat is, either.