The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, who doesn't understand a clock. At least twice a day. :plain:

I think you're about as wrong as you can be and the whole "agree with Richard Dawkins" should probably have been the reasonable warning shot across your brow.

I think that's literally a half step removed from moon landing conspiracy.

If any of us got what we deserved none of us would get what's coming to some of us. :D

So, one small half-step for...Ahmed? And a giant leap for...

Yeah, doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think you're being terribly naive.
Really? I thought I was being cynical. I suppose it's all in where you aim it.

There's a lot of that going around (either) but I don't think it will ever take the place of night baseball. :eek:

No argument there. :e4e:
Maybe that's the saving grace, eh? :cheers:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The fuzzy wuzzies have been saying since Isis was formed that the clock is ticking for the west, they have even said it on this forum.

How like them to bite the hand of the people giving their children a good education.

StanJ

The boy and his father knew exactly what they were doing.

After spending some time looking into it I have come to the conclusion that Richard Dawkins is correct (A sentence I never thought that I would write). I have no doubt the boy and his father came up with this together and the situation worked out exactly as (maybe even better than) they hoped it would.

Is this the same as saying I think they did something "wrong"? No...They just took advantage of foolish, ignorant, frightened people who have given themselves over to the "zero tolerance" mindset which, admittedly, has been forced upon them in a lot of cases.

....at least the kid didn't bring in a loaded Pop-tart.
Our country deserves whatever it gets. :plain:

That's an assumption based on WHAT evidence?

Well a broken clock is right twice a day so this would be the first of those two times in his life that Dawkins would be right, IF he indeed is.

Yep, and it was a woman English teacher, who knows nothing about what he had built, but obviously is way to engrossed in conspiratorial terrorism my ANY Muslim.

That was just as stupid but didn't make the news cycle like Ahmed did.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The fuzzy wuzzies have been saying since Isis was formed that the clock is ticking for the west, they have even said it on this forum.
Fuzzy wuzzies? :chuckle: Haven't heard that one.

How like them to bite the hand of the people giving their children a good education.
Who bit someone? Are you saying that's why he was handcuffed? Because I hear it was over something he stole from Radio Shack. :plain:

And are you saying the kid's family is on welfare? Because otherwise aren't they giving our children a good education too? And then would it be like us to handcuff their children for, nothing really?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you feeling guilty?

It is called THEOLOGY online. Not right wing rumours.
Uh.... TOL has (for nearly 20 years) discussed theology, religion, politics, sports, entertainment, and just about everything else.

Maybe you logged into the wrong forum today?