ECT The "Church" at Acts 2 Was Not the Body of Christ

God's Truth

The "Church" at Acts 2... June 15th, 2015 10:30 AM SaulToPaul Hypocrite.
The "Church" at Acts 2... June 15th, 2015 10:20 AM Tambora .

Right Divider

Body part
You're saying you never read in Rom 11 that Paul taught that Israel had it's shot and God moved on to other nations?
Replacement theology is just plain wrong.
Romans 11:1-5 KJV 1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, 3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. 4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Their problem is only temporary.
Romans 11:15 KJV For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
NOT what I said and you know it, so please stop equivocating and answer what I wrote.

Not sure what this has to do with what I said to you, but the issue is NOT what Peter, Paul, or Mary said, it's what YOU say.
Apparently these things are still hidden from YOU?

SaulToPaul 2

Then stop complaining about it when I give you one to your twenty. I do not make it my life's mission, as you do.

I welcome more from you. But I don't understand why you do not turn the other cheek, like "Jesus" said?
You obey everything he says, you claim.

And why do you never refer to him as The LORD Jesus Christ? There is a reason, and we'd all like to know.

Danoh

You are sharing John W's spirit, and I do not read long posts such as this that are about me and not the OP.

Just shows how clueless you are about how clueless you are - your every post is about you.

It is why you are opposed by others.

But, as I said before, so I say again; you are so clueless that you take its being pointed out to you as an attack against you.

Talk about being... clueless...

StanJ

Not the same thing.

One of your posts speaks about the New Covenant and the other doesn't.

But to you they are the same!

You still have not given any proof from the Bible which demonstrates that those in the Body of Christ partake of the New Covenant which is promised to Israel.

and now you're just "striving about words" 2 Tim 2:14
I'm on topic Jerry.

I've ACTUALLY given you quite a few scriptures, which you ignore but accuse others of not sticking to the topic. Here's some more.
1 Cor 11:25 (NIV)
2 Cor 3:6 (NIV)
Heb 8:8, 13 (NIV)
Heb 9:15, 12:24 (NIV)

Jerry Shugart

and now you're just "striving about words" 2 Tim 2:14
I'm on topic Jerry.

I've ACTUALLY given you quite a few scriptures, which you ignore but accuse others of not sticking to the topic. Here's some more.
1 Cor 11:25 (NIV)
2 Cor 3:6 (NIV)
Heb 8:8, 13 (NIV)
Heb 9:15, 12:24 (NIV)

Let us look first at this verse:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament (diatheke); not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" (2 Cor.3:6; KJV).​

This is not about the New Covent promised to Israel but instead it is about the Lord Jesus' Last will and Testament. That "will" is synonymous with the gospel. And it is the gospel which gives life.

John Calvin certainly understood that Paul was speaking of the ministry to preach the gospel, writing the following:

"'Not of the letter but of the spirit'...There is, however, no doubt, that by the term 'letter,' he means the Old Testament, as by the term 'spirit' he means the gospel; for, after having called himself a 'minister of the New Testament,' he immediately adds, by way of exposition, that he is a 'minister of the spirit,' and contrasts the letter with the spirit" [emphasis added] (John Calvin, Commentary on Corinthians - Volume 2, Christian Classics Ethereal Library).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" [emphasis added] (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).​

We are not ministers of Israel's New Covenant but instead we are ministers of the gospel of the grace of God, as witnessed by Paul's words here:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).​

Every time a New Diatheke is referred to the Body of Christ the reference is to the "gospel" and not the New Covenant promised to Israel.

beloved57

Let us look first at this verse:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament (diatheke); not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" (2 Cor.3:6; KJV).​

This is not about the New Covent promised to Israel but instead it is about the Lord Jesus' Last will and Testament. That "will" is synonymous with the gospel. And it is the gospel which gives life.

John Calvin certainly understood that Paul was speaking of the ministry to preach the gospel, writing the following:

"'Not of the letter but of the spirit'...There is, however, no doubt, that by the term 'letter,' he means the Old Testament, as by the term 'spirit' he means the gospel; for, after having called himself a 'minister of the New Testament,' he immediately adds, by way of exposition, that he is a 'minister of the spirit,' and contrasts the letter with the spirit" [emphasis added] (John Calvin, Commentary on Corinthians - Volume 2, Christian Classics Ethereal Library).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" [emphasis added] (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).​

We are not ministers of Israel's New Covenant but instead we are ministers of the gospel of the grace of God, as witnessed by Paul's words here:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).​

Every time a New Diatheke is referred to the Body of Christ the reference is to the "gospel" and not the New Covenant promised to Israel.
Invalid comment!