The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

Nanja

Yes because they are not of Christ Sheep Jn 10:26

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Exactly, and so the goats Mat. 25:41 shall forever remain under God's condemnation and wrath:

John 3:18,36
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly, and so the goats Mat. 25:41 shall forever remain under God's condemnation and wrath:

John 3:18,36
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

~~~~~
Amen, that is why they believe not, because they are condemned for their sins against God's Law, Christ never had their sins charged to Him, so they must bare their own penalty.

Nanja

Amen, that is why they believe not, because they are condemned for their sins against God's Law, Christ never had their sins charged to Him, so they must bare their own penalty.

Amen, He never knew them.

~~~~~

Nanja

It healed/saved them !

Did you know that the scripture teaches that those Christ died for are saved or healed by Christ death/stripes alone?

Here's two scripture witnesses.

First Isa 53:
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Second 1 Pet 2:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

You see the testimony of scripture here is that by Christ stripes ye were healed, stripes being representative of Christ Death or Blood.

It was by His Death they were healed, not by their Faith or Believing! :)

Exactly, yet false religion teaches that salvation is by Christ's death plus a person's good works i.e. their own believing, repentance, keeping the commandments, obeying religious ordinances, partaking of the sacraments etc. which is totally contrary to the scriptures 1 Pet. 2:24; Is. 53:5.

All for whom Christ died as their Head and Surety, Heb 7:22; all the Election of Grace chosen In Union with Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4, were freed from sin Rom. 6:7, crucified with Christ Gal. 2:20: Totally exonerated by His Death alone, plus nothing Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:6-8.

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly, yet false religion teaches that salvation is by Christ's death plus a person's good works i.e. their own believing, repentance, keeping the commandments, obeying religious ordinances, partaking of the sacraments etc. which is totally contrary to the scriptures 1 Pet. 2:24; Is. 53:5.

All for whom Christ died as their Head and Surety, Heb 7:22; all the Election of Grace chosen In Union with Him before the foundation Eph. 1:4, were freed from sin Rom. 6:7, crucified with Christ Gal. 2:20: Totally exonerated by His Death alone, plus nothing Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:6-8.

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

It brings us back to God, by healing our backsliding !

When it is taught/stated that by Christ's death alone, they who He died for are healed Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. and

1 Pet
2:24

who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That healing spiritually the Cross povides is manifested by the healed ones being returned back to God. Peter calls it #1 in the above scripture " that they should live unto righteousness"

#2. He calls it bring us back to God 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats what the healing effects. This is seen in Hos 14:4

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

The word heal here is the hebrew word rapha' and its the same word used in Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed

And the word for backsliding in Hos 14:4 is the heb word mĕshuwbah and means:

1. turning away, turning back, apostasy, backsliding

Its the same word used here in Prov 1:32

For the turning away of the simple shall slay them

And man aposticized from God in adam, went a stray Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And its this estrangement from God that the Death of Christ healed, for the Sheep !

1 Pet 2:24-25

24 who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
    Thats what the stripes of Christ accomplished, a returning to the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls. It heals our apostacy that started in Adam !

Nanja

It brings us back to God, by healing our backsliding !

When it is taught/stated that by Christ's death alone, they who He died for are healed Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. and

1 Pet
2:24

who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

That healing spiritually the Cross povides is manifested by the healed ones being returned back to God. Peter calls it #1 in the above scripture " that they should live unto righteousness"

#2. He calls it bring us back to God 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats what the healing effects. This is seen in Hos 14:4

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

The word heal here is the hebrew word rapha' and its the same word used in Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed

And the word for backsliding in Hos 14:4 is the heb word mĕshuwbah and means:

1. turning away, turning back, apostasy, backsliding

Its the same word used here in Prov 1:32

For the turning away of the simple shall slay them

And man aposticized from God in adam, went a stray Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And its this estrangement from God that the Death of Christ healed, for the Sheep !

1 Pet 2:24-25

24 who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
    Thats what the stripes of Christ accomplished, a returning to the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls. It heals our apostacy that started in Adam !

Yes, it's only Christ's Sheep, God's elect, which are healed from their apostasy in Adam their Federal Head when he sinned, by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20. So they also, were the backsliding Sheep that the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant was shed for by their Great Shepherd of the Sheep, their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22. Redemption was only given the People which He was given a Covenant for Is. 42:6-7, and Justified by God's Grace Rom. 3:24, given them before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

And for You ☺: I appreciate you, and always Thanking God for you, and for bringing these comprehensive studies in the Word to the forum, which have been a great Blessing to me. Thank You, Brother!

~~~~~

beloved57

[/COLOR]

Yes, it's only Christ's Sheep, God's elect, which are healed from their apostasy in Adam their Federal Head when he sinned, by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20. So they also, were the backsliding Sheep that the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant was shed for by their Great Shepherd of the Sheep, their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22. Redemption was only given the People which He was given a Covenant for Is. 42:6-7, and Justified by God's Grace Rom. 3:24, given them before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

And for You ☺: I appreciate you, and always Thanking God for you, and for bringing these comprehensive studies in the Word to the forum, which have been a great Blessing to me. Thank You, Brother!

~~~~~
Amen!

beloved57

One writer writes about Christ death healing those He died for:

With His stripes we are healed " by His sufferings we are saved from our sins, and the dreadful effects thereof!"

Matthew Poole

beloved57

Healing oft times denotes forgiveness of sins, for instance Ps 41:4; 103:3; and cp Eph 1:7, which coincides with Justification by His Blood Rom 3:24.

beloved57

No Condemnation !

Its an contradiction to say that any for whom Christ died are already condemned as Per Jn 3:18

The reason why is simple according to Gospel principles, because condemnation and sin are conjoined, so in order for one to be condemned, their sins must be still charged upon them, and that cannot be the case with people Christ died for since their sins had been charged to Him, thats why He died 1 Cor 15:3. So its a great contradiction to say Christ died for ones sins, and they still be condemned, even if they are in unbelief, which is one of the sins Christ died for !