Synagogue shooting and antisemitism

Truster

The Eternal Almighty uses the wicked to destroy the wicked. He will sometimes use the wicked to correct the just. Any and all events that become in time do so for one reason, His glory. If you look close enough and have restored vision you will always find it.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
In the context of the murders at a Pittsburgh synagogue a few days ago, I am wondering what TOL'ers think about antisemitism in the US. Do you think is is common? Is it different than other types of hate or general xenophobia?

I am a little surprised that nobody mentioned this shooting here until now. Not even in the context of gun control (unless I missed a post somewhere).

Chair

The Arabs are Semites- doesn't stop people from discriminating against them and then nonetheless shouting 'antisemitism' at anything that insults the Jews.
Nothing can be more evident of having been simply brainwashed. You can use deductive reasoning to figure out the cause as well.
What DIDN'T exist 150 years ago that are relevant to Jews?
>Madism
>Post-WWII rhetoric

Madism began in the late 1800's, gave a lot of Protestants the delusion that Christianity isn't God's Kingdom and WWII ushered the Jews into influencing all major govt's as a result of their circumstance and resettling back into society.

Case in point:
People are just sheeped into inventing differences and forming justifications for things that are otherwise plain contradictory or stupid.

chair

The Arabs are Semites- doesn't stop people from discriminating against them and then nonetheless shouting 'antisemitism' at anything that insults the Jews.
The term 'antisemitism' refers to hostility to Jews. Not Semites in general.
Nothing can be more evident of having been simply brainwashed. You can use deductive reasoning to figure out the cause as well.
What DIDN'T exist 150 years ago that are relevant to Jews?
>Madism
>Post-WWII rhetoric

Madism began in the late 1800's, gave a lot of Protestants the delusion that Christianity isn't God's Kingdom and WWII ushered the Jews into influencing all major govt's as a result of their circumstance and resettling back into society.

Case in point:
People are just sheeped into inventing differences and forming justifications for things that are otherwise plain contradictory or stupid.

Christian antisemitism didn't start 150 years ago. You know that full well, but prefer to blame the Jews for being successful in modern times, rather than admit to the bigotry of the Church in the past.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
The term 'antisemitism' refers to hostility to Jews. Not Semites in general.

How convenient.

Christian antisemitism didn't start 150 years ago. You know that full well, but prefer to blame the Jews for being successful in modern times, rather than admit to the bigotry of the Church in the past.

The Jews gave been kicked out of countries all through history because they cause problems. It's not the Church that's responsible for the 'bigotry', but I find it pretty funny how Jews are seemingly incapable of taking accountability for absolutely anything and that it's so strongly enforced to remain that way.
They are successful because modern day gentile guilt basically shoehorned them into every crevice of influence. Get back to me when you explain how it's normal for a third of the Supreme Court to have Jewish justices or marrying every President's kids.

THall

When you look at the accomplishments of the best Jewish Doctors, scientists, and engineers, it seems difficult if not impossible to harbor arbitrary and generalized hatred for these people. I am not sure there is any population so small that has contributed so much to the benefit of man.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How convenient.

The Jews gave been kicked out of countries all through history because they cause problems. It's not the Church that's responsible for the 'bigotry', but I find it pretty funny how Jews are seemingly incapable of taking accountability for absolutely anything and that it's so strongly enforced to remain that way.
They are successful because modern day gentile guilt basically shoehorned them into every crevice of influence. Get back to me when you explain how it's normal for a third of the Supreme Court to have Jewish justices or marrying every President's kids.
Crucifer, why do you harbor so much hatred of the Jews?

And you still haven't answered my question:

Did God utterly cast away the Jews? or does He plan to work with them again?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Jews gave been kicked out of countries all through history because they cause problems.

your ride has arrived:
Spoiler
short-bus.jpg

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Crucifer, why do you harbor so much hatred of the Jews?

Why do you harbor so much hatred of everyone who isn't a perfect saint?

And you still haven't answered my question:

Did God utterly cast away the Jews? or does He plan to work with them again?

Except I did, and what do the Jews need help with anyway? They seem to be doing pretty good for themselves since people decided to put them on a pedestal.
It all just boils down to the 'dispensationalism' heresy- all these Republicans being so concerned about Israel because they think they are fulfilling some will of God.
Do you know the origins of it? It was formulated by an Irish minister like 130 years ago. It's hardly relevant to anything orthodox, I'm pretty sure the reason people want to believe it so much is because of how easy it is- all you have to do is judge others and then get whisked into the sky one magical day.
Figures.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
which Jews are you talking about?

or are you unaware that Jews are not a homogeneous ethnicity, any more than white anglo-saxon protestants, or catholics?

Then why is speaking against any of them antisemitic collectively?

Seems to me like those as yourself just consistently twist and turn making excuses for them. Nothing I said on here will be addressed about them, you all will just continue with nonsense.
The issue I have isn't necessarily just with the Jews, it's with this system where they can't be criticized because people are brainwashed to defend them regardless of anything.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Except I did.

No, you didn't.

I've paid attention to what you have said to me, which the same cannot be said of you, and you have not answered that question.

Please answer the very straightforward question when you get back from your vacation from TOL.

Did God cut off the Jews completely, never to return to working with them again? Or does He plan to "graft them back in again"?

As for the rest of your post, it's nothing but a red herring, a change of topic meant to distract from the current discussion.

Please avoid using such tactics. They are not welcome.

ok doser

Then why is speaking against any of them antisemitic collectively?

you weren't speaking against any one of them, or even any single subgroup of them

you were speaking about "the jews"

collectively

Seems to me like those as yourself just consistently twist and turn making excuses for them.

i challenge you to show me a quote of mine where i was twisting anything or making excuses for "them"

(there's that collectively thing again, biting you in the butt :chuckle: )

The issue I have isn't necessarily just with the Jews, it's with this system where they can't be criticized ....

ok - this is very important so pay close attention

you can't criticize them collectively

why?

because that's racist :duh:

if you want to criticize a single jew, have at it

if you want to criticize a subgroup of jews (such as intellectuals), have at it

if you want to criticize a nation of jews (Israel), have at it

but when you just whine on and on about "the jews" in general, that's racist and you'll get banned again :idunno:

ok doser

When you look at the accomplishments of the best Jewish Doctors, scientists, and engineers, it seems difficult if not impossible to harbor arbitrary and generalized hatred for these people.

having worked in the fields of medicine, science and engineering, i've always harbored deep admiration for most of my dedicated, accomplished and driven co-workers, regardless of their religious identity :idunno:

ok doser

Get back to me when you explain how it's normal for a third of the Supreme Court to have Jewish justices...

Jews tend to excel at the law :duh:

tell me why it's normal that we haven't had a single American Indian as a Supreme Court justice

my answer would be that it is because so few American Indians tend to excel at the law, or even apply to law schools

expect the SCOTUS of the future to be disproportionally asian

... or marrying every President's kids.

that's the kind of weird statement that gets my BS meter twitching - i don't suspect you can support that statement, can you?