Synagogue shooting and antisemitism

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
100% agree. And, even if it were true, that it is 'rare;' that's still not a good enough reason to infringe the inalienable right of Jewish people to keep and bear arms.

the right to keep and bear arms is an inalienable right as a result of being human?

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
the right to keep and bear arms is an inalienable right as a result of being human?
A result of being a Jewish human. Or a black or Latino human. Or an LGBTQ human. Any human. That's what inalienable means, yes.

Idolater

Antisemitism is an ancient, widespread, cross-cultural phenomenon.

Do you have any thoughts on why that might be the case?
It doesn't matter why, in the context of gun control anyway.

It can't ever be difficult for Jewish people to get superlative weaponry. To a man. That's history's sum.

The Second Amendment prohibits lawmakers from making laws that in any way infringes the right of Jewish people to keep and bear all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

Obeying the Second Amendment is the best way to address Antisemitism, that we aren't already doing.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
It is partly theological (why didn't the Jews accept our Truth?) I will point out that until recent times Muslims were much more tolerant of Jews than Christians were.

The Romans had theological problems with the Jews? The Nazis cited theological differences? The Soviets were Bible thumpers? Jeremy Corbyn, much maligned by the Jews, is an outspoken Christian? The current alt-right are mainly Christians and have principled, theological objections to the Jews?

Let's not kid ourselves. ;)

I ask you again, and let us be honest with ourselves: why do you suppose that anti-Semitism is a crosscultural, ancient, widespread phenomenon, a phenomenon which is not limited to Christian or Muslim populations?

What are your thoughts on the topic?

I was watching an interview between a popular atheist and two Jews, at least one of which is an Israeli citizen. The Israeli Jew made a curious remark. Israel must exist, said he, and he has nowhere else to go, for regardless of where he goes, even should he live among the aboriginals in Australia, who have no conception of the Jew, the aboriginals would come to hate the Jew, and view them as oppressors.

What are your thoughts on this?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Nazis were Bible believing protestants who based their anti-Semitism on Christianity?

Incredible.

Not what I said.

The nazis were purely atheist, based on a survival of the fittest mentality.

I said that Hitler justified his hatred of the Jews based on what ML taught.

chair

The Romans had theological problems with the Jews? The Nazis cited theological differences? The Soviets were Bible thumpers? Jeremy Corbyn, much maligned by the Jews, is an outspoken Christian? The current alt-right are mainly Christians and have principled, theological objections to the Jews?

Let's not kid ourselves. ;)

I ask you again, and let us be honest with ourselves: why do you suppose that anti-Semitism is a crosscultural, ancient, widespread phenomenon, a phenomenon which is not limited to Christian or Muslim populations?

I was watching an interview between a popular atheist and two Jews, at least one of which is an Israeli citizen. The Israeli Jew made a curious remark. Israel must exist, said he, and he has nowhere else to go, for regardless of where he goes, even should he live among the aboriginals in Australia, who have no conception of the Jew, the aboriginals would come to hate the Jew, and view them as oppressors.

What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts are:

That you do not surprise me. I expected from your leading question that you would take the "where there's smoke, there's fire". "Since everybody hates the Jews, there must be something wrong with them." attitude.

Besides being logically wrong, the idea is based on incorrect facts.

The Nazis grew out of Christian Europe. You can claim innocence, but their atrocities were a direct continuation of centuries of Christian hatred of Jews.

Jews historically generally did well in Muslim lands.

And in Asia, we are actually quite popular. Really.

So say it plain. What is your point?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Not what I said.

The nazis were purely atheist, based on a survival of the fittest mentality.

I said that Hitler justified his hatred of the Jews based on what ML taught.

What did ML teach and why do you think that there are similarities between ML and the Nazis?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What did ML teach and why do you think that there are similarities between ML and the Nazis?

Luther taught that the Jews have a plan of "…finally overcoming us, killing us all… and robbing us of all our property (as they daily pray and hope)." (On the Jews and their Lies, p. 267)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Idolater

Hunh, the right to keep and bear arms is an inalienable right? And the basis for that claim is what?
It's merely a restatement of the inalienable right to life, which I'm sure you agree that all people possess.