Starbucks Baristas To Hassle Customers About ‘Race Relations’

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This is something to think about -

Entrepreneur says the campaign is unfair to the people who have to dish it out.

Putting this immense task on workers, even if it is voluntary, is taxing and unfair. Customers sue restaurants and attack employees over problems as inconsequential as order mix-ups. With hundreds of customers served at a single Starbucks every day, it's easy to imagine employees suddenly dealing with a slew of ignorant, racist or violent reactions — or individual baristas making ignorant or racist comments themselves.
From: Why the Starbucks 'Race Together' Campaign Is Bad for Business

musterion

Canadian coffee house chain. Much better coffee and food than SB, and for less. Had them all over Ohio, they don't have them here in NC. They do have Dunkin Donuts here but the ones local to me are grubby looking inside. Yeah, 1st world problem, I know.

Tinark

Starbucks Baristas To Hassle Customers About ‘Race Relations’

Excerpts from : http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...tas-to-hassle-customers-about-race-relations/

Not very smart and ill bet it wont be long either before lots of what happens because of this will be on the news.

Are liberals trying to start a race war?

As an owner of Starbucks shares, I trust their judgment on these matters:

charts.dll

starbucks-vs-dunkin.png

1335191_13527356011224_rId17_thumb.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes he would! Then he'd hit on the hot looking 21 year old Asian female barista who looks like Ziyi Zhang and ask her if she wants to have children. Then she'd slap him in the face. :rotfl: I'd go to upstate NY just to see that.

:chuckle: no doubt.

Tinark

This is something to think about -

Entrepreneur says the campaign is unfair to the people who have to dish it out.

From: Why the Starbucks 'Race Together' Campaign Is Bad for Business

That article says the employees themselves wanted to begin these conversations. Since it is voluntary (only those who want to will do it), what's the problem? It sounds like the company is listening to its employees here.

employees said that they wanted to begin conversations with customers to encourage "greater understanding, empathy and compassion toward one another

musterion

That article says the employees themselves wanted to begin these conversations. Since it is voluntary (only those who want to will do it), what's the problem? It sounds like the company is listening to its employees here.

Scenario:

1. Lib java jerk shoots mouth off.

2. Patron claims offense/discrimination. True or not, won't matter.

3. Offense/discrimination claim makes news.

4. Starbucks backpeddles, leaves coffee jerk out on the street and forbids other java jerks from discussing "sensitive issues" apart from bagel toppings.

5. You end up looking like an idiot (well, that one's a given).

Tinark

Scenario:

1. Lib java jerk shoots mouth off.

2. Patron claims offense/discrimination. True or not, won't matter.

3. Offense/discrimination claim makes news.

4. Starbucks backpeddles, leaves coffee jerk out on the street and forbids other java jerks from discussing "sensitive issues" apart from bagel toppings.

5. You end up looking like an idiot (well, that one's a given).

We shall see who ends up being the idiot here. I never stated my support for it or dismissal of it, but rather that I trust their judgment on this matter. They've earned that after enlarging my bank account in the way they've done.

musterion

We shall see who ends up being the idiot here.

No, I'm positive it's you.

I never stated my support for it or dismissal of it, but rather that I trust their judgment on this matter.

Who, the judgment of know it all coffee jerks who will inevitably provide the headline fodder if SB doesn't kill it now? You are a fool.

They've earned that after enlarging my bank account in the way they've done.

Boasting about money bolsters your argument? Really?

Tinark

No, I'm positive it's you.

You want to make a bet on that? Put your money where your mouth is and short Starbucks stock then if you think it was a dumb decision. Prove the investors who sent Starbucks to a new record high today wrong and enrich yourself in the process.

Who, the judgment of know it all coffee jerks who will inevitably provide the headline fodder if SB doesn't kill it now? You are a fool.

The height of arrogance, some random internet person thinks he knows what's better for Starbucks business than the CEO who founded the company, has been involved in the business for decades, became a billionaire, and enriched all his investors in the process. Not only that, he is "positive" he's right. Learn some humility you man child.

Boasting about money bolsters your argument? Really?

Yes, it does. It demonstrate's Starbucks' keen business sense in these matters and a nearly non-stop track record of success.

musterion

You want to make a bet on that? Put your money where your mouth is and short Starbucks stock then if you think it was a dumb decision. Prove the investors who sent Starbucks to a new record high today wrong and enrich yourself in the process.

I said nothing about stock. I said only that some loudmouth liberal coffee monkey is going to tick off a customer.

The height of arrogance, some random internet person thinks he knows what's better for Starbucks business than the CEO who founded the company, has been involved in the business for decades, became a billionaire, and enriched all his investors in the process.

I said that?

Yes, it does. It demonstrate's Starbucks' keen business sense in these matters and a nearly non-stop track record of success.

Have you had a TBI? Who are you replying to?

Tinark

I said nothing about stock. I said only that some loudmouth liberal coffee monkey is going to tick off a customer.

I said that?

Have you had a TBI? Who are you replying to?

Do you not even read what you write? Did your fingers unconsciously type out step #4 where Starbucks backpeddles (meaning you think they are making a dumb business decision that will need to be reversed)?