Stand for the Second Amendment

glorydaz

So gun safes would not be obligatory, training courses unnecessary, and insurance not needed. And there are not too many gun accidents in The USA?

This is called extreme denial I think.
With that kind of attitude folks will just keep on getting killed and murdered, I reckon.

You need to stop putting words in my mouth....with your over-simplistic exaggerations.

I've never once said training courses are "unnecessary". People need gun safety training. It used to be, we learned these things from our parents...nowadays, that is not always the case. In many instances, and in many parts of the country, it is the case.

If you want to live in a police state where everything is mandatory, then stay where you are, and keep dreaming people will stop getting killed and murdered.

glorydaz

Finally, and with not a leg to stand upon in this debate, your posts descend into personal stuff, and wrong at that.
:idunno:

So, "far-left opinions" have suddenly become "personal stuff". I think suggesting GM is standing on one leg is more personal than his comment.

Which is a sign, by the way, of one being on the far left. They can dish it out, but they can't take it.

eider

If ya have a complaint, take it to the Woodshed. You can report me there.

What?..... because you are unable to offer a debate on a thread? Is that an infraction? :D
Or because you insult folks? It's better that all readers can see your mindset...... get to know you better!

Now, if you haven't got anything to offer that's relevant to thread, maybe we should leave it there?

eider

I think suggesting GM is standing on one leg is more personal than his comment.
I never said GM was standing on one leg........ You're reading comprehension let you down there, just a tad.
It might be better if you let GM speak for himself.

Which is a sign, by the way, of one being on the far left. They can dish it out, but they can't take it.
Maybe the fact that you can't read a sentence and understand it is a sign of your particular political philosophy?
Here..... let me help you..... I wrote that GM HAD NOT GOT A LEG TO STAND ON in this debate, so far..... so where did you get a leg from? You make me laugh, sometimes..,....

And you certainly don't seem to understand that by introducing a few very reasonable gun controls now, that it might be making a significant difference in 20 or 50 years time, after all, with 300 million guns swilling around in the country any legislation and resulting police responses would take a long time to make a difference.

And as for your ideas about gun insurance, gun licensing, gun training, gun security etc etc the number of gun accidents causing injury to innocents is so huge that your ideas about family-gun-training clearly do not meet with the standards of training delivery required. And I expect your ideas about home security are just as weak.

If this was a public debate with a returning vote afterwards I wouldn't give you any chance at all.

glorydaz

I never said GM was standing on one leg........ You're reading comprehension let you down there, just a tad.
It might be better if you let GM speak for himself.

Maybe the fact that you can't read a sentence and understand it is a sign of your particular political philosophy?
Here..... let me help you..... I wrote that GM HAD NOT GOT A LEG TO STAND ON in this debate, so far..... so where did you get a leg from? You make me laugh, sometimes..,....

Ha, it worked and you don't even know it. :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain

But most folks would be moderates....

Are you a moderate?

Well, with the far right there doesn't seem to be any room on the political scale for anything centre or thereabouts. If you're not a conservative zealot then you're a radical leftist by "default". Sure there's those on the far left of the spectrum who are equally moronic but it's fascinating to watch on here at times...

:D

eider

Well, with the far right there doesn't seem to be any room on the political scale for anything centre or thereabouts. If you're not a conservative zealot then you're a radical leftist by "default". Sure there's those on the far left of the spectrum who are equally moronic but it's fascinating to watch on here at times...

:D

Hello again..... :)

Wow........ well in that case I must be well to the left of Lenin, on this thread! Could it be that some are well to the right of, say, Hitler?

It's those 'inch-> mile', 'ban all guns', 'Leftist', perceptions that just can't or won't think this problem through......... and the direct insults!

A couple of days ago a man who shot/wounded three people in Oklahoma City, shooting into a restaurant from outside, was confronted soon afterwards by two armed civilians who called out warnings before shooting the suspect dead. They acted legally and rightfully, but the NRA and gun-nuts everywhere are lauding this event, making heroes of the civilians involved, and waving this incident as an example of how more armed civilians (more guns) is the only way to go. Things may never change in the US, and the 80 deaths per day average will no doubt continue.

It's just sad..... is all.

BoyStan

If people own guns for self defence then why haven't the victims of mass shootings fired a single shot in self defence?

Truster

Hello again..... :)

Wow........ well in that case I must be well to the left of Lenin, on this thread! Could it be that some are well to the right of, say, Hitler?

It's those 'inch-> mile', 'ban all guns', 'Leftist', perceptions that just can't or won't think this problem through......... and the direct insults!

A couple of days ago a man who shot/wounded three people in Oklahoma City, shooting into a restaurant from outside, was confronted soon afterwards by two armed civilians who called out warnings before shooting the suspect dead. They acted legally and rightfully, but the NRA and gun-nuts everywhere are lauding this event, making heroes of the civilians involved, and waving this incident as an example of how more armed civilians (more guns) is the only way to go. Things may never change in the US, and the 80 deaths per day average will no doubt continue.

It's just sad..... is all.

Brought up on a diet of gunslingers and the like. It's a small step from fantasy to reality when the implements of death are readily at hand.

eider

Brought up on a diet of gunslingers and the like. It's a small step from fantasy to reality when the implements of death are readily at hand.

Hi...... :)
I guess it depends upon the individual person.
You will already know about this, I'm guessing, but 'freezing' is a very interesting shooting-related subject.

I have known both bowmen and competition rifle&pistol shots who could shoot 'possibles' and very high scores consistently, but who would fall apart in very important competitions. As the degree of stress mounted, so the accuracy reduced. And mates who served their time in Northern Ireland also knew of 'action incidents' where a comrade would later try to explain this horrible condition whereby it was so difficult to commit to the shot.

And so, no matter how good one is in practices, competitions, etc, I expect that you never know.... until its happened.

eider

I once got stabbed with a pencil when I attended Jr. High School. Anything sharp can be used as a weapon.

I remember an incident at infants school where one boy placed a sharpened pencil point upwards upon another buy's chair just as he was sitting down...... so the pencil seriously injured that kid. And a lump of graphite deep into a wound is a nastier situation even.....

....... but it's no reason to allow folks to carry machetes around in public places today, and fast-fire semi-auto rifles don't even come close.

Truster

Hi...... :)
I guess it depends upon the individual person.
You will already know about this, I'm guessing, but 'freezing' is a very interesting shooting-related subject.

I have known both bowmen and competition rifle&pistol shots who could shoot 'possibles' and very high scores consistently, but who would fall apart in very important competitions. As the degree of stress mounted, so the accuracy reduced. And mates who served their time in Northern Ireland also knew of 'action incidents' where a comrade would later try to explain this horrible condition whereby it was so difficult to commit to the shot.

And so, no matter how good one is in practices, competitions, etc, I expect that you never know.... until its happened.

There was a test conducted some time ago that stated soldiers aimed to miss when faced with killing a man on the field of battle.

eider

There was a test conducted some time ago that stated soldiers aimed to miss when faced with killing a man on the field of battle.

Yes!
I remember reading/hearing about that!

It could have been a survey of WWI veterans......
Early in the War on a Christmas Day at certain points on the front-line, both sides trudged across no-mans land to meet, chat with and exchange cigs with each other. This mindset amongst some of the troops could well have linked to the reports of 'aim-to-miss' ...........

Yep.