Stand for the Second Amendment

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If all guns became non-existent tomorrow, evil men would use knives, rocks, pencils, screwdrivers, hammers, sticks, heavy objects, or any number of other weapons they can pick up to maim and kill with. Almost ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. Evil people will find a way to murder, no matter what kinds of laws are put in place. Crazed killers cannot be stopped by laws on the books. Take their guns away and they'll use a car, truck or van to mow down several innocent people.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We should have learned something from the 'Alcohol Prohibition' many years ago. When the government prohibits something it deems WRONG, they only drive the 'WRONG,' underground.

eider

Did you see the word "mandatory" in my post? Nope, you didn't.

Nope, just a regular background check....like they have now is sufficient.

No, I don't need insurance on my guns.
My guns are very well behaved.

The "accident levels" are not "huge".

:thumb:
So gun safes would not be obligatory, training courses unnecessary, and insurance not needed. And there are not too many gun accidents in The USA?

This is called extreme denial I think.
With that kind of attitude folks will just keep on getting killed and murdered, I reckon.

eider

If all guns became non-existent tomorrow, evil men would use knives, rocks, pencils, screwdrivers, hammers, sticks, heavy objects, or any number of other weapons they can pick up to maim and kill with. Almost ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. Evil people will find a way to murder, no matter what kinds of laws are put in place. Crazed killers cannot be stopped by laws on the books. Take their guns away and they'll use a car, truck or van to mow down several innocent people.
Wow..... All those nasty killers.

Ok... So you could start by controlling guns..... That would help.

eider

No. I'm kinda thinking we could ban YOU. :rotfl:

:D ...... if you can't beat 'em, ban 'em.... kind of thing?

I thought you were smarter than that........

Now, you mentioned how the ban on alcohol only caused massive problems, but you haven't answered my question about the present bans on various drugs. Surely you want to answer that, or your suggestion falls flat, doesn't it?

The USA has already banned various types of firearms, and to add semi-auto rifles to the list could eventually help. But initially, gun insurance, gun safes, gun licensing, criminal record and mental health history reviews, and 'adults only' licences for certain firearms might help, no?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:D ...... if you can't beat 'em, ban 'em.... kind of thing?

I thought you were smarter than that........

Now, you mentioned how the ban on alcohol only caused massive problems, but you haven't answered my question about the present bans on various drugs. Surely you want to answer that, or your suggestion falls flat, doesn't it?

The USA has already banned various types of firearms, and to add semi-auto rifles to the list could eventually help. But initially, gun insurance, gun safes, gun licensing, criminal record and mental health history reviews, and 'adults only' licences for certain firearms might help, no?

I've lost respect for ya and don't feel like I owe ya any answers to your inane questions. Well, perhaps I need to be honest with ya. Actually, I didn't have any respect for ya, right from the get-go. :rotfl: