ECT Speaking in tongues

musterion

If andyc the spiritual giant would speak fluently in a legitimate known language that he had never studied I'd be impressed and give him due credit. But he won't, and never will.

I'd rassle you (and lose) to be first in line to apologize to him for my disbelief. But we'll never have the opportunity; he'll never give it to us. We know why, and he knows we know why.

musterion

OK

So do you think that the gentiles who spoke in tongues when Peter preached his gospel, didn't accept that they were speaking in tongues until someone like you verified it?

Don't try using my love of Scripture as a defense against your hatred of it.

andyc

Hi Danoh , and the gift os GOLLOSIA / LANGUAGES is gthe LEAST of the Gifts !!

I would agree with that, because the gift is mostly of personal benefit, it is the least impressive from an external perspective.
However, from a personal perspective, the gift is extremely powerful.

IOne day as I was talking to Pentecostal , he claimed to speak in Languages and to heal !!

asked him if I could take a ride to the near by hospital so we could Heal those , He woul.d not and he also had a TV site , as showed me that web site on my computer ,as the are ALL talk and NO SHOW !!

bUT i BELIEVE IN TONGUES and Mark 16:15-18 says they will be in operation during the Great Tribulation as recorded !!

dan p

What do you think would happen if someone went into hospital ward saying that God wanted them to be healed of whatever they were suffering with, and asked them if it was ok to pray for them?

musterion

And you're stupid.

The proof those Gentiles were touched by God (a complete shock to Peter & Co.) was the tongues they spoke in.

The proof IS the gift. The gift IS the proof.

You claim the gift but hide the proof by hiding the gift. Because you're a liar.

Danoh

Hi Danoh , and the gift os GOLLOSIA / LANGUAGES is gthe LEAST of the Gifts !!

One day as I was talking to Pentecostal , he claimed to speak in Languages and to heal !!

I asked him if I could take a ride to the near by hospital so we could Heal those , He woul.d not and he also had a TV site , as showed me that web site on my computer ,as the are ALL talk and NO SHOW !!

bUT i BELIEVE IN TONGUES and Mark 16:15-18 says they will be in operation during the Great Tribulation as recorded !!

dan p

A real Pentecostal would know to send them to the Oral Roberts Hospital :chuckle:

DAN P

I would agree with that, because the gift is mostly of personal benefit, it is the least impressive from an external perspective.
However, from a personal perspective, the gift is extremely powerful.

What do you think would happen if someone went into hospital ward saying that God wanted them to be healed of whatever they were suffering with, and asked them if it was ok to pray for them?

Hi and I had a PRIEST pray for me as I lay on a hospital bed and he keep insisting , when I said NO , So he pray any way and NOTHING HAPPENED !!

And here they are a step down from PENYECOSTALS !!

dan p

andyc

And you're stupid.

The proof those Gentiles were touched by God (a complete shock to Peter & Co.) was the tongues they spoke in.

The proof IS the gift. The gift IS the proof.

You claim the gift but hide the proof by hiding the gift. Because you're a liar.

So do you believe that Peter understood the language that the gentiles spoke in?

TweetyBird

Ok, "when a person speaks in tongues, no one understands him except God".

What do yo think Paul meant in this one verse?

That's ok - I don't mind repeating myself - it's worth the "effort" to copy and paste ...

["The entire chapter of 1 Cor 14 is about speaking so that all can understand what is said so the assembly/gathering/church is edified. That is what Paul said to strive for - not mumbling under your breath and claim that it's "speaking to God in mysteries". Those "mysteries" simply mean what is hidden aka not understood if not interpreted, and if they are not interpreted one is to be silent - that means, do not speak - verse 28 - which more fully interprets verse 2."]

andyc

Hi and I had a PRIEST pray for me as I lay on a hospital bed and he keep insisting , when I said NO , So he pray any way and NOTHING HAPPENED !!

And here they are a step down from PENYECOSTALS !!

dan p

A priest is a step down from pentecostals?
I hate it when those beads and hail Mary's don't work.
Makes you want your money back.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was blessed with an ability to impersonate voices. I've entertained people for years with that ability. About forty-five years ago I was standing at a phone booth doing an impression of Jimmy Stewart and some people gathered around and one of them said: "It's him." Well, I turned around and to their surprise, I wasn't him. Although I sounding just like him, it wasn't REAL. I faked his voice. I believe that a lot of people FAKE doing tongues. For various reasons. Perhaps, to show others they're in the club, etc.

andyc

That's ok - I don't mind repeating myself - it's worth the "effort" to copy and paste ...

Good.

["The entire chapter of 1 Cor 14 is about speaking so that all can understand what is said so the assembly/gathering/church is edified.

How are people edified when they're listening to gibberish?

Interpretation?

That is what Paul said to strive for - not mumbling under your breath and claim that it's "speaking to God in mysteries". Those "mysteries" simply mean what is hidden aka not understood if not interpreted, and if they are not interpreted one is to be silent - that means, do not speak - verse 28 - which more fully interprets verse 2."

This is like speaking in tongues. It needs an interpretation.

Basically what he's saying is that the interpretation is the key. And this disagrees with what the maddies have been saying, but they wouldn't understand this either.