Some electors flipped after all

MrDante

Screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-9.57.16-AM.png

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So not funny enough to laugh out loud and be in paroxysms of laughter then?

"Leftists"?

In your silly little world that could be anyone who you disagree with through to a misplaced traffic sign.

We've sat and watched liberals and their dumb, smug faces as they ruin reputations, spoil traditions, and sue for long enough. They've been sent back to the 1800's in America and the alt-right in your country are tipping over your statues.

It's called justice, hombre. We don't expect you to like it :wave2:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
For the second time in my life the electoral college has delivered the presidency to the looser of the election. It was a questionable idea to begin with and it needs to go.

guess we better tighten up them elections, eh?

Alate_One

Switch Clinton and Trump, leaving everything else identical, and you'd sing praises to the EC.

No. One person one vote is fair. Having some people with 6X the voting power of others is not fair. If the situation were reversed I'd be happier with the results but deeply uncomfortable with the method.

I voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and I felt it then. It was W's overreach in the face of a contested election that turned me against the Republican party. I didn't vote for him a second time. I haven't voted for a Republican for national office since.

Alate_One

We've sat and watched liberals and their dumb, smug faces as they ruin reputations, spoil traditions, and sue for long enough. They've been sent back to the 1800's in America and the alt-right in your country are tipping over your statues.

It's called justice, hombre. We don't expect you to like it :wave2:

If you think this is justice, you're no Christian.

6834a732-3e53-40e6-a541-8ee145df79a1-large16x9_trumpchurch1-edit-2.jpg

The image above was from a Church engaging in hispanic outreach.

ok doser

No. One person one vote is fair.

that's arguable

but look beyond it - is it wise?

should the vote of an idiot like peggy joseph (who gushed over bammy's win in 2008; see
Spoiler
count the same as an educated person who bothered to research the issues and the candidates?

Alate_One

that's arguable

but look beyond it - is it wise?

should the vote of an idiot like peggy joseph (who gushed over bammy's win in 2008; see
Spoiler
count the same as an educated person who bothered to research the issues and the candidates?
Just as much as the people believing Trump will give them everything. That's the thing about democracy, you don't get to pick and choose who is smart enough to vote. Because if we made it so that only those with a college degree could vote. Your side wouldn't have won.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4048394/The-Latest-Electoral-College-meets-formally-elect-Trump.html

So very disappointing. But one must answer to conscience, as we've been told for weeks, and none may question it. Right, leftists?

Answer to conscience? How does that work? If lying by not doing the duty you were bound to do when you were selected to represent the voters, and going rogue on your own bias' is some how conscionable? Absolutely sickening the lack of duty, obligation, discipline, or conscience people have anymore.

ok doser

... you don't get to pick and choose who is smart enough to vote.

well, we should

i'd like to see a mandatory civics class in high school (my state already has one) that you would have to pass with 100% in order to be allowed to register to vote

you would be allowed to repeat the class (it would be offered for adults) and you could take the test as often as you needed to

Alate_One

Justice would be kicking you ALL out of the country.

Not Biblical, not Christian.

18 He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. 19 So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 10:18-19

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Matthew 25

You're a disgrace to the cross.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not Biblical, not Christian.

18 He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. 19 So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 10:18-19

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Matthew 25

You're a disgrace to the cross.

You want to go preach Christian, go preach it to your God hating, countrymen betraying, slandering imbeciles you defend. I'm not going to hear your hypocritical bullcrap :wave2:

Alate_One

well, we should

i'd like to see a mandatory civics class in high school (my state already has one) that you would have to pass with 100% in order to be allowed to register to vote

you would be allowed to repeat the class (it would be offered for adults) and you could take the test as often as you needed to

I wouldn't mind that in principle, so long as you were automatically registered to vote afterwards and given ID for free and continually thereafter.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
For the second time in my life the electoral college has delivered the presidency to the looser of the election. It was a questionable idea to begin with and it needs to go.

It did not go to the loser, it went to the winner of the the most states which is the standard for over 200 years not to the popular vote that dwell within one state, most namely California. There is nothing questionable about the electoral system and decrying the rules after the game is finished is just sour grapes.