Some electors flipped after all

Daniel1769

Calling B.S. on the media "being against" Trump. They might've been critical of him, but he got more free air time than all other candidates combined. You didn't see Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Bernie Sanders or any of the other candidates on TV constantly being interviewed and quoted. The media broadcasted Trump's stuff and criticized it, but he got his message out for free way more than anyone else running. If they were against him, they wouldn't have covered him. The best way for them to defeat him was to never let him get his message on TV. Instead, they gave him all the free air time in the world. This narrative about the media being against him is bogus.

fool

Hall of Fame
Calling B.S. on the media "being against" Trump. They might've been critical of him, but he got more free air time than all other candidates combined. You didn't see Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Bernie Sanders or any of the other candidates on TV constantly being interviewed and quoted. The media broadcasted Trump's stuff and criticized it, but he got his message out for free way more than anyone else running. If they were against him, they wouldn't have covered him. The best way for them to defeat him was to never let him get his message on TV. Instead, they gave him all the free air time in the world. This narrative about the media being against him is bogus.

He showed up on a gazillion different shows because he showed up on a gazillion different shows!
He ran a schedule that defied reason, hitting multiple states in one day and always going home to sleep at night.
They had to cover him because pretending he didn't exist wasn't plausible.

Daniel1769

He showed up on a gazillion different shows because he showed up on a gazillion different shows!
He ran a schedule that defied reason, hitting multiple states in one day and always going home to sleep at night.
They had to cover him because pretending he didn't exist wasn't plausible.

They could've pretended he didn't exist. They did it to Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012. The media liked the idea of having a celebrity politician to drive up ratings, and a Trump presidency will give higher ratings to news networks than some boring policy wonk would've. Also, Trump's following wasn't as big when he started his campaign. It grew and grew, and all of the free publicity only helped. He had more airtime than all other candidates combines. It was almost absurd, but it was good for ratings and that's what tv networks do. Pretending they were against him is ludicrous. Pretending he's at odds with the establishment is ludicrous when they are the ones he's putting in his cabinet. It makes people feel good to have a dark horse that everyone is against, but Trump isn't it. The establishment didn't like him in the primary, but as soon as he won the nomination, they all lined up to kiss his backside, save a few that stuck to their guns. And he welcomed them all into important positions in his administration.

fool

Hall of Fame
They could've pretended he didn't exist. They did it to Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012. The media liked the idea of having a celebrity politician to drive up ratings, and a Trump presidency will give higher ratings to news networks than some boring policy wonk would've. Also, Trump's following wasn't as big when he started his campaign. It grew and grew, and all of the free publicity only helped. He had more airtime than all other candidates combines. It was almost absurd, but it was good for ratings and that's what tv networks do. Pretending they were against him is ludicrous. Pretending he's at odds with the establishment is ludicrous when they are the ones he's putting in his cabinet. It makes people feel good to have a dark horse that everyone is against, but Trump isn't it. The establishment didn't like him in the primary, but as soon as he won the nomination, they all lined up to kiss his backside, save a few that stuck to their guns. And he welcomed them all into important positions in his administration.

Who exactly are you talking about?
What politicians are going into his Cabinet?
Are you trying to argue that Carson is some kind of Establishment guy?
Or Tillerson?
Most of the people he's appointing I never heard of before and didn't figure into the election except as donors.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hillary laughs about getting a child's rapist off, leftists say it's no big deal.
No, they mostly say it's not true.

Says after Hillary Clinton helped a man accused of raping a 12-year-old, "she's seen laughing on two separate occasions, laughing at the girl who was raped."
Donald Trump on Sunday, October 9th, 2016 in the second 2016 presidential debate
http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...p/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

There's literally nothing on record, on tape, that has her laughing at the girl who later became the woman who advanced that narrative, blaming part of her misfortune on the wrong person. In 2007 the victim had a very different opinion, saying, "I’m sure Hillary was just doing her job.”

By 2014, and in the wake of the release of recordings of Clinton discussing the case, her opinion shifted dramatically. - Washington Post, Oct. 11, 2016

The fellow who she discussed the hearing with Hillary had this to say:
Reed in an interview published Oct. 12 denied that Clinton was laughing at Shelton. “As far as her laughing, God knows she was not laughing over the notion that this rapist was going to go free," said Reed. “I challenge any fair-minded reader of that transcript to make a case that Hillary Rodham was a coldblooded lawyer who was laughing over the plight of the 12-year-old rape victim."

Daniel1769

Who exactly are you talking about?
What politicians are going into his Cabinet?
Are you trying to argue that Carson is some kind of Establishment guy?
Or Tillerson?
Most of the people he's appointing I never heard of before and didn't figure into the election except as donors.

Are you kidding?

Attorney General: SENATOR Jeff Sessions. He's been in the Senate for over 2 decades

HHS: CONGRESSMAN Tom Price. Has been in Congress for 12 years

Transportation: Elaine Chao, member of the George W. Bush cabinet and wife of SENATE MAJORITY LEADER Mitch McConnell, who has been in the Senate for over 30 years

Interior: CONGRESSMAN Mike Zinke, a politican

Energy: Rick Perry, former governor of Texas who has held PUBLIC OFFICE for 30 years, first elected to the Texas legislature in 1984

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus, chairman of the RNC. How much more establishment can you be?

Not me mention he appointed Obama appointees like James Mattis, and has appointed Besty Devos, the sister of the guy who founded Blackwater.

He's appointed plenty of establishment people. You're in denial if you think Trump is something different. Check back with me in a year and let me know how all the Hope and Change worked out for you, or whatever the stupid slogan is this time.

fool

Hall of Fame
Are you kidding?

Attorney General: SENATOR Jeff Sessions. He's been in the Senate for over 2 decades

HHS: CONGRESSMAN Tom Price. Has been in Congress for 12 years

Transportation: Elaine Chao, member of the George W. Bush cabinet and wife of SENATE MAJORITY LEADER Mitch McConnell, who has been in the Senate for over 30 years

Interior: CONGRESSMAN Mike Zinke, a politican

Energy: Rick Perry, former governor of Texas who has held PUBLIC OFFICE for 30 years, first elected to the Texas legislature in 1984

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus, chairman of the RNC. How much more establishment can you be?

Not me mention he appointed Obama appointees like James Mattis, and has appointed Besty Devos, the sister of the guy who founded Blackwater.

He's appointed plenty of establishment people. You're in denial if you think Trump is something different. Check back with me in a year and let me know how all the Hope and Change worked out for you, or whatever the stupid slogan is this time.

Rick Perry slamed trump in the primaries;
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/rick-perry-were-seeing-real-donald-trump-now-n394696
Can you link us to where he "kissed his backside"?

Carson never held office.

Betsy DeVos never held office, I don't know why who her brother is matters.

Tillerson never held office.

He picks the best people for the job, having served before shouldn't disqualify someone.

Daniel1769

Rick Perry slamed trump in the primaries;
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/rick-perry-were-seeing-real-donald-trump-now-n394696
Can you link us to where he "kissed his backside"?

Carson never held office.

Betsy DeVos never held office, I don't know why who her brother is matters.

Tillerson never held office.

He picks the best people for the job, having served before shouldn't disqualify someone.

You said, "Where are all the politicians?" I just showed you six. There are more to come, I'm sure. You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir! :wave:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No, they mostly say it's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...p/trump-says-clinton-laughed-about-rape-case/

There's literally nothing on record, on tape, that has her laughing at the girl who later became the woman who advanced that narrative, blaming part of her misfortune on the wrong person. In 2007 the victim had a very different opinion, saying, "I’m sure Hillary was just doing her job.”

By 2014, and in the wake of the release of recordings of Clinton discussing the case, her opinion shifted dramatically. - Washington Post, Oct. 11, 2016

The fellow who she discussed the hearing with Hillary had this to say:

the Washington Post shows hillary to be a typical lying scumbag lawyer who should be summarily executed:

Court records describe a sad tale. Shelton, at the time 12 years old, went out for a late-night drive with Tom Taylor, then 41, a 20-year-old cousin, and a 15-year-old boy with whom she was apparently infatuated. They bought a pint of Old Grand-Dad whisky, which was mixed with Coca-Cola for Shelton. After hanging out at a bowling alley for a few hours, they allegedly drove to a ravine where the two older men left Shelton and the 15-year-old together. The two then had sex, the boy told police. After they were finished, Taylor approached the truck and apparently attacked Shelton. The boy reported that Shelton screamed and he saw Taylor hitching up his pants.

As part of her handling of the case, Clinton filed an affidavit July 28, 1975, requesting that the girl go through a psychiatric examination. “I have been informed that the complainant is emotionally unstable with a tendency to seek out older men and to engage in fantasizing,” Clinton said. “I have also been informed that she has in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body. Also that she exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her way.”

Clinton offered no source for the claims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...thy-shelton-rape-case/?utm_term=.27fd9bc71b27

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
War on women, indeed.

It's hilarious, really.

There's been an obvious, shameless war on men for years, and yet there are people who actually believe it is the opposite- that men are imposing a war on women.

2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.jpg

It's one of those things that trip me out about our society right now- I could imagine being an Islamic terrorist and listening to half a country calling everyone bigoted for not wanting me there blowing them the hell up :plain:

Last edited: