• NO

Votes: 63 50.4%
  • OTHER (explain below)

Votes: 20 16.0%

• Total voters

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
When clowns like Allsmiles learn how to abuse the system and get so much positive rep it is unbelieveable, it is time to repair or remove the system.

Hey Aimiel, here's a tissue.:rolleyes:

JoyfulRook

GuySmiley said:
I say dump it. But only if we all get a cartoon character we can dress up instead. For 'rep' we could give each other points that could be used to buy outfits and accessories for our 'dolls.'
:darwinsm:

Ok, honestly, I think it should be dumped, but I would like some kind of feedback system for individual posts, sort of like rep without the points. Can you imagine if everyone created a POTD thread for all the posts they liked? Although, that wouldn't save TOL bandwidth very much.
That's what I was thinking too. :) Some sort of post-attached comment system.

PureX

Dread Helm said:
That's what I was thinking too. :) Some sort of post-attached comment system.
You already have a post-attached comment system - it's a button labeled "reply".

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aimiel said:
Looks like you're one of Allsmiles cronies. You merely proved my point. :nono:

It took you this long to figure that out? Here's a clue and a tissue.:devil:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
.... I am not going to let the "vote" determine my decision...
Whicn is the way a leader should handle it! Consult those you respect then use your best judgment! :up:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Wow, all I can say from reading some of these posts, is that some of you people take this repping system waaaaaay too seriously. And because of that you get your feelings hurt.

Think how I feel. I have been a member since 2001, and yet about ten, much more "recent" agnostics- atheists, have more reputation on THEOLOGY online than me. :rotfl:

There are people who were formerly believers, who have renounced their Saviour, and now mock Him, and belittle the Bible, and are collectively swimming in hundreds of thousands of reputation points on a "Christian" website.

So why should anyone take it too seriously! Again I say, it should be fun! I like it because it helps me know if people I like and respect here, sometimes like and agree with something I have written from my heart. Or if something I "said" tickled their funny bone.

I say dump the apostates, not a rep system!

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freedom Train said:
If it had no effect on one's status it might be okay. As it is, it's just organized bullying by the poorly endowed.
and it effects your status how?

The management of TOL in unashamed about the fact that TOL is a Right Wing Christian web site. If your "reputation score" at TOL suffers because you are anything other than a Right Wing Christian, why not wear it as a badge of honor?

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
Delmar said:
and it effects your status how?

It appears those with "red" reputations do not get the same courtesies as the "green" do.

The management of TOL in unashamed about the fact that TOL is a Right Wing Christian web site.

If they cannot maintain a level playing field, it reveals the weaknesses of the official stance.

If your "reputation score" at TOL suffers because you are anything other than a Right Wing Christian, why not wear it as a badge of honor?

Indeed I do. And it is certainly a badge of dishonor for those who use it to diss those they cannot beat in a fair fight.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freedom Train said:
It appears those with "red" reputations do not get the same courtesies as the "green" do.
What courtesies would you be referring to and how would the absence of the rep system grant you these courtesies?

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freedom Train

It took me a few minutes but I searched through "all posts by Freedom Train" and finally found one that I was able to :up: rep. You are now in the green. I hope you will now be able to move on with your life. Use the "courtesies", afforded to those in the green, wisely.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
jeremiah said:
Wow, all I can say from reading some of these posts, is that some of you people take this repping system waaaaaay too seriously. And because of that you get your feelings hurt.

Think how I feel. I have been a member since 2001, and yet about ten, much more "recent" agnostics- atheists, have more reputation on THEOLOGY online than me. :rotfl:

There are people who were formerly believers, who have renounced their Saviour, and now mock Him, and belittle the Bible, and are collectively swimming in hundreds of thousands of reputation points on a "Christian" website.

So why should anyone take it too seriously! Again I say, it should be fun! I like it because it helps me know if people I like and respect here, sometimes like and agree with something I have written from my heart. Or if something I "said" tickled their funny bone.

I say dump the apostates, not a rep system!

This is probably the most repped post that I have ever written.

Thanks to all of you who helped me pass a few agnostics, a satanist, and a pagan or two! :chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think it should stay. If we got rid of some people, then the cons would disappear.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Wouldn't it be funny if someone got positive reps for saying we should dump it.
If they made that case without whinning like a like a little baby I could see it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I think it should stay. If we got rid of some people, then the cons would disappear.
Are you volunteering to leave??

;)

Just kidding Lighthouse!!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Wouldn't it be funny if someone got positive reps for saying we should dump it.
:chuckle: Or if someone who voted for dumping it positive repped someone for also voting to dump it!

fool

Hall of Fame
When I first came here I went red real fast, stayed that way a couple months if I recall.
When people got to know me and get used to my style I made green and went up and down, but mostly up, till I at one time was in the top five.
The sad thing is that I consider bein in the top five at one time as bein some kind of accomplishment.
I'd like to think that I arrived there because I asked good questions and was honest in my arguments but I know that it was more due to the fact that I played the game well.
Even so, I'll remeber most not the neg reps or the pos reps from the usual supporter but the green from the un-expected places, when hardened enemies gave me a thumbs up not because they agreed, but because they recognized that all I wanted was the truth and they respected the search.
I've never neg repped anyone, if I had an issue I took it up in public.
I have exposed neg reppers in public so that their cowerdice would be known.
I have made a mockery of the system for mockerys sake, I have repped people repeatedly cause I felt like it and I have repped people for no aparent reason other than to watch their numbers change.
I'm glad I found TOL and spent the time here that I did.
I hope that the thousands of posts I made and the hundreds of threads I participated in will perservere in some form into the future, and I'll always value the time that Bob Enyart took to spend with me on the radio.
I know that someday my sons will ask me to tell them about God, and I'll be able to respond "I asked about God, and this is what I heard..................."