Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Kimberlyann

If our justice system were Godly, homosexuals would be put to death. Since our justice system is not Godly, they should not be currently. In either case, homosexuals (and all sinners) need to repent and receive Christ, or they will face the ultimate death penalty of eternity apart from Jesus Christ.

Hi Pastor Kevin :wave:

Maybe you could help shed some light on what we have been discussing.

Here is a list of capital crimes in the Old Testament. Should we reinstate them all? If no, why not?

Murder (Exodus 21:12, Exodus 21:15)
Kidnapping (Exodus 21:16)
Disobedience to parents (Exodus 21:17, Deuteronomy 21:18)
Juvenile delinquency - incorrigibility (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
Bestiality (Leviticus 20:15)
Violations of the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15)
Adultery (Leviticus 20:10)
Abominations (Leviticus 20:2)
Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:16)
Incest (Leviticus 20:11)
Homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13)
Witchcraft (Exodus 22:18, Leviticus 20:27)
False prophecy (Deuteronomy 13:5)
Worshipping a false god (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)
Sacrificing to false gods (Exodus 22:20)
Sodomy (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13)
Sex with a woman betrothed to another (Deuteronomy 22:25)
False witness in a capital crime (Deuteronomy 19:16-20)
Fornication by daughters of priests (Leviticus 21:9)
Failure to abide by a decision of the High Court (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Unchastity (Deuteronomy 22:21-24)
Cursing someone (Leviticus 24:14)
Negligence resulting in death (Exodus 21:29)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_the_bible

PlastikBuddha

Jesus thought it was.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus didn't simply call those who disagreed with him morons, but used mockery to illustrate a lesson or to drive home some point of his teachings. Responding to someone's opinion by calling them names doesn't seem very Christlike to me, but hey- what do I know?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus didn't simply call those who disagreed with him morons, but used mockery to illustrate a lesson or to drive home some point of his teachings. Responding to someone's opinion by calling them names doesn't seem very Christlike to me, but hey- what do I know?
He did call them sons of the devil, sons of hell, vipers/brood of vipers, and white washed tombs, just to name a few.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I know I'm not PK, but I figured I should give my two cents.
Yes.

Yes.

Neither of those are about mere disobedience. We'll return to these when I have more time.

Not what you seem to think it is.:nono:

Yes.

No. The Sabbath was between God and Israel only.

Yes.

Care to be more specific?

Again, for Israel only.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Israel only.

Israel only.

Israel only.

Between who?

Yes.

Yes.

Levitical Priesthood only. They no longer exist.

There are no Levitical Priests.

That's not about chastity, it's about her lying and therefore committing adultery.

Define cursing.

Yes.

PKevman

I know I'm not PK, but I figured I should give my two cents.

Yes.

Yes.

Neither of those are about mere disobedience. We'll return to these when I have more time.

Not what you seem to think it is.:nono:

Yes.

No. The Sabbath was between God and Israel only.

Yes.

Care to be more specific?

Again, for Israel only.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Israel only.

Israel only.

Israel only.

Between who?

Yes.

Yes.

Levitical Priesthood only. They no longer exist.

There are no Levitical Priests.

That's not about chastity, it's about her lying and therefore committing adultery.

Define cursing.

Yes.

Good job. :up:

csuguy

I've already shown you how you're wrong. And I used to think that what I currently believe was wrong. I now know that I was wrong.

You haven't shown that I was wrong. You must take the whole Law if you are going to use the Law, or else take grace. There is no picking and choosing if you are want to use God's righteousness.

elohiym

Good job. :up:
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are since I can not believe any pastor would agree that blasphemy and idolatry were only sins for Israel? Also, how do you figure the Sabbath was only for Israel? The ten commandments is for everyone, not just Israel. That is why they were written in stone by the finger of God and kept inside the Holy Ark separate from the book of the law (Mosaic code).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Here is a list of capital crimes in the Old Testament. Should we reinstate them all? If no, why not?

Murder is having a grudge, killing is dehumanizing the killed person so that you can feel no emotion or feel justified. As in "Just War." This is actually "Sanctified by Grace." And Grace is getting a little irritated, too!
This is not what it means, even if one takes it literally one will be wrong. You need to check out what Jesus said about violence, killing, and collecting a ransom. And about fear of lightning.
This is actually under the second dispensation of the Ancient of Days in Daniel, which states that "Mock your mother and father all you want. Know ye that they have an iron rod. And you will be hit, each blow more severe than its predecesser. So there."
Check the explanation for delinquency. Stolen hubcaps--since there were no cars back then--do not count. So this is not relevant today,
I actually shudder to get into this one. Check out Lee Strobel's "The Case for Aardvarks."
Only Jews think the Sabbath is on Saturday. As far as I am concerned, that is just stupid!
If you can pull this off without violating one of the Ten Commandments, you need to sit right there and don't move. Pastor Phelps will see you momentarily.
No eating shellfish, shrimp or any sort of food that is bigger than your head.
This is a toughie. What if you blasphemize an atheist?
We are not necessarily our brother's keeper, I guess.
Eww--say no more!
Call it a Harvest Festival instead of Halloween
Now really--how is it prophecy if it is false? That's just sloppy theology.
Now we're under the sanctification of the Law and everything sinful since Adam and Eve will be written on a marshmallow. False god? NOT! God does not lie!
A waste of time and sort of embarrasing, but hardly sinful.
Do not think about this! Do not even hold such a word in your mind! Do not visualize anything but what you are not supposed to think about!
If she is from Canada and is betrothed to another woman, do not commit adultery. Or make rude jokes.
If you are convinced someone is guilty and you have prayed over it, why is it such a big deal?
Anyone who fails to guard their heart or sign a chastity pledge needs to do so within the next Bible study! Or get an annullment.
Paul tells us we must obey the authorities, which the Founding Fathers found silly.
How can you "UN-chastity" before you actually "chastity" a little bit? Especially in your teen years during study hall period...
$@&%!!!!
Uh-oh. Young lady, you are in a heap of trouble. You just wait till your Father comes home! Yes--of course I mean the "heavenly one"!

;)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Humanists are religious hypocrites. They claim they aren't religious when they in fact are deeply religious!
So are mechanics. They have a church (Auto Shop), an altar (tool box), rituals (washing hands) and a following of sorts (people who have no clue about cars).

Kimberlyann

Murder is having a grudge, killing is dehumanizing the killed person so that you can feel no emotion or feel justified. As in "Just War." This is actually "Sanctified by Grace." And Grace is getting a little irritated, too!
This is not what it means, even if one takes it literally one will be wrong. You need to check out what Jesus said about violence, killing, and collecting a ransom. And about fear of lightning.This is actually under the second dispensation of the Ancient of Days in Daniel, which states that "Mock your mother and father all you want. Know ye that they have an iron rod. And you will be hit, each blow more severe than its predecesser. So there."Check the explanation for delinquency. Stolen hubcaps--since there were no cars back then--do not count. So this is not relevant today,I actually shudder to get into this one. Check out Lee Strobel's "The Case for Aardvarks."Only Jews think the Sabbath is on Saturday. As far as I am concerned, that is just stupid!If you can pull this off without violating one of the Ten Commandments, you need to sit right there and don't move. Pastor Phelps will see you momentarily.No eating shellfish, shrimp or any sort of food that is bigger than your head.This is a toughie. What if you blasphemize an atheist?We are not necessarily our brother's keeper, I guess.Eww--say no more!
Call it a Harvest Festival instead of Halloween Now really--how is it prophecy if it is false? That's just sloppy theology.Now we're under the sanctification of the Law and everything sinful since Adam and Eve will be written on a marshmallow. False god? NOT! God does not lie!A waste of time and sort of embarrasing, but hardly sinful.Do not think about this! Do not even hold such a word in your mind! Do not visualize anything but what you are not supposed to think about!
If she is from Canada and is betrothed to another woman, do not commit adultery. Or make rude jokes. If you are convinced someone is guilty and you have prayed over it, why is it such a big deal? Anyone who fails to guard their heart or sign a chastity pledge needs to do so within the next Bible study! Or get an annullment.Paul tells us we must obey the authorities, which the Founding Fathers found silly.How can you "UN-chastity" before you actually "chastity" a little bit? Especially in your teen years during study hall period...
$@&%!!!!Uh-oh. Young lady, you are in a heap of trouble. You just wait till your Father comes home! Yes--of course I mean the "heavenly one"!

;)

:BRAVO: I really enjoyed this post.

PKevman

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are since I can not believe any pastor would agree that blasphemy and idolatry were only sins for Israel? Also, how do you figure the Sabbath was only for Israel? The ten commandments is for everyone, not just Israel. That is why they were written in stone by the finger of God and kept inside the Holy Ark separate from the book of the law (Mosaic code).

The question being asked is which things should a person be put to death for. Try to keep track of what is being asked and answered.

The question was asked in an attempt to trump the point that homosexuals should be put to death by mocking the Bible and saying "Look at all these other things, why don't you put people to death for them as well."

PKevman

Should radical Christians be given the death penalty?

Simply for being radical Christians? What Scriptural mandate do you find for that?

If a person blows up an abortion clinic and says they did it because they are a radical Christian, they should be put to death for murder.

Homosexuals should be put to death because God's moral laws have never changed. God's criminal justice system should be followed, and if it were our country would be a much better place to live.

Plain, simple, over.