Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

PKevman

Hi Pastor Kevin :wave:

Maybe you could help shed some light on what we have been discussing.

Here is a list of capital crimes in the Old Testament. Should we reinstate them all? If no, why not?

Murder (Exodus 21:12, Exodus 21:15)
Kidnapping (Exodus 21:16)
Disobedience to parents (Exodus 21:17, Deuteronomy 21:18)
Juvenile delinquency - incorrigibility (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
Bestiality (Leviticus 20:15)
Violations of the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15)
Adultery (Leviticus 20:10)
Abominations (Leviticus 20:2)
Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:16)
Incest (Leviticus 20:11)
Homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13)
Witchcraft (Exodus 22:18, Leviticus 20:27)
False prophecy (Deuteronomy 13:5)
Worshipping a false god (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)
Sacrificing to false gods (Exodus 22:20)
Sodomy (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13)
Sex with a woman betrothed to another (Deuteronomy 22:25)
False witness in a capital crime (Deuteronomy 19:16-20)
Fornication by daughters of priests (Leviticus 21:9)
Failure to abide by a decision of the High Court (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Unchastity (Deuteronomy 22:21-24)
Cursing someone (Leviticus 24:14)
Negligence resulting in death (Exodus 21:29)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_the_bible

Kimberly. Have you seen anywhere on this website where this question was clearly answered? Perhaps you should read Turbo's Battle Royale if you haven't already. Seriously, it is very good.

In any case, the brief answer is that things that were symbolic laws and commanded TO Israel, and only TO Israel (such as keeping the Sabbath), have passed away. Things that are MORAL laws apply to all (such as do not murder).

Given THAT answer, how would you look at those verses and determine which laws should be punishable by death and which ones should not?

Memento Mori

Simply for being radical Christians? What Scriptural mandate do you find for that?

If a person blows up an abortion clinic and says they did it because they are a radical Christian, they should be put to death for murder.

Homosexuals should be put to death because God's moral laws have never changed. God's criminal justice system should be followed, and if it were our country would be a much better place to live.

Plain, simple, over.

Matt 5:18for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

Well if God's Moral Laws are still in place then so are all His other laws. You can't keep God's Moral Laws and throw out the rest.

I used this argument on Delmar but I made a bad approach for it. I would just like to apologize to Delmar for that. I'm sorry, Delmar. I didn't intend to anger you. I just simple wanted to discuss the issue.

JustinFoldsFive

PastorKevin said:
In any case, the brief answer is that things that were symbolic laws and commanded TO Israel, and only TO Israel (such as keeping the Sabbath), have passed away. Things that are MORAL laws apply to all (such as do not murder).

Is there scriptural backing for this supposed difference between moral and symbolic law? In other words, which Biblical passages let us know that you're not simply picking and choosing which laws to enforce?

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
Simply for being radical Christians? What Scriptural mandate do you find for that?

If a person blows up an abortion clinic and says they did it because they are a radical Christian, they should be put to death for murder.

Homosexuals should be put to death because God's moral laws have never changed. God's criminal justice system should be followed, and if it were our country would be a much better place to live.

Plain, simple, over.

I do not believe an antiquated book in the Bible relevant.

csuguy

Plain, simple, over.

Either take the Law or take Grace. If you choose the Law then take the whole law, for you have given up grace and only by fufilling all the Law can you be declared righteous before God. What's that? It's impossible?! Well then you'd better take Grace and stop trying to enforce the Law.

red77

The laws would have to be changed first. In fact, it still may be a law in some states. Adultery used to be a crime in this county.

C'mon Shimei, earlier in this thread you moaned how difficult it was to get a 'yes' or 'no' answer, so how come you arent giving one? i asked you if you think adultery should be 'encouraged' to be brought back as a capital crime, do you think it should - yes or no?

GeneCosta

It's obvious to anyone this country wasn't founded with the intention of being a banner for Christianity, so why then don't evangelicals use their gigantic purse and buy an island somewhere in the Pacific? You can get a good sized one for a few XXX,XXX. Implement the 'Shadow Gov' there and come back to tell us how it's going.

Unless people are desperate for order, hope, and/or protection, they're not going to hand this secular government over to religious radicals. Any arguement for the implementation of a law is not going to be won on scripture, at least in the West.

lovemeorhateme

Well none of the Laws were ever given to the Gentiles but that's never stopped them.

:bang:

The moral code still applies. The moral code is the ten commandments.. and the sexual laws. Don't tell me that they don't, because they do. Unless you want to support incest among 'consenting' family members?

Memento Mori

:bang:

The moral code still applies. The moral code is the ten commandments.. and the sexual laws. Don't tell me that they don't, because they do. Unless you want to support incest among 'consenting' family members?

Well then the Sacrificial Laws must still apply too but I don't see you sacrificing lambs on altars by High Priests. And don't try that "Jesus fulfilled that," because it's all or nothing.

Matt 5:18for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

You cannot pick and choose which Laws will and will not apply to you. Either they all will or none of them will.

csuguy

Well then the Sacrificial Laws must still apply too but I don't see you sacrificing lambs on altars by High Priests. And don't try that "Jesus fulfilled that," because it's all or nothing.

You cannot pick and choose which Laws will and will not apply to you. Either they all will or none of them will.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!!!

lovemeorhateme

So why advocate the execution of people who's only 'crime' is to be attracted to their same gender?!

Wrong.. the crime of homosexuality is not about being attracted to the same gender. The crime is about having sex with the same gender. I know from personal experience, you cannot always help who you are attracted to. However, and here is the key, you can help what you do with that attraction. That is a choice.. and a choice to have sex with someone of the same gender is a sinful one. Of course, for homosexuals to have sex, they break more that just what God has to say on homosexuality.. they also have sex outside of marriage (where God clearly ordains marriage to be for one man and one woman for life).. and they also satisfy lust, which is another sin. So, that is three crimes for one act of sex.