Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

icilian fenner

You're an idiot. There is absolutely no reason for motor sports or burnt toast to be crimes, period.
Save that if they were, less people would do them, and therefore lives would be saved. That was the substance of your post before. If you disagree that this is a reason to criminalise an activity, then you must agree that:
"If the government were to execute people for engaging in homosexual activity, less people would engage in it, for fear of execution, and more lives would be saved, because they would be saved from killing themselves."
doesn't justify or help to justify executing homosexuals. no?
We were discussing directly ONLY "If the government were to execute people for engaging in homosexual activity, less people would engage in it, for fear of execution, and more lives would be saved, because they would be saved from killing themselves." I made a criticism of this, to which you didn't respond directly. Instead you decided to neither refute or conceed, and moved swiftly on to another issue.

Stop whining.
I'm trying to maintain a standard of civility. It gets none of us anywhere to give each other a piece of our mind, and certainly attacking the person to try and preserve a point without first answering the point either at all or sufficiently is certainly not a legitimate way to debate.

I don't think theres anything wrong with how I'm conducting myself, do you?
When it comes to something that endangers more than a single person who is involving themselves, and is always dangerous, no matter the "precautions" taken, yes, I do.

Motor races with more than one participant or a crowd. What I think really is the standard is the witting and adult consent of all the people involved to risk their lives, or in the case of children, a society of adults putting forth what situations the children can and cant consent to.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe that no sin is worse than any other sin. Jesus calls hatred the same as murder and lust the same as adultery. I just don't understand at all why we can just see a homosexual, and then want them executed and condemned to hell, but then look at pre-marital sex or something, and be like, "oh, that's not good, but Jesus will forgive you." I think that we need to quit judging and condemning people when we do things that are just as bad as them. As Christians, we should love people and share the better way with them instead of pointing fingers and wanting them dead.
What are you talking about! God does not want to condemn anyone to Hell! I do not want them condemned to Hell! The fact is facing execution is just about the best shot an evil man has at facing his own wickedness and turning from his evil ways!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Save that if they were, less people would do them, and therefore lives would be saved. That was the substance of your post before.
Actually, more lives would be lost if we executed people for such things, because none of them kills as many people as executing them would. Homosexuality works in the opposite.

We were discussing directly ONLY "If the government were to execute people for engaging in homosexual activity, less people would engage in it, for fear of execution, and more lives would be saved, because they would be saved from killing themselves." I made a criticism of this, to which you didn't respond directly. Instead you decided to neither refute or conceed, and moved swiftly on to another issue.
Less people die from the things you listed than would die from executions for such actions, before everyone stopped doing them, so as not to be executed. It is not so with homosexuality. Nearly everyone who engages in homosexual activity dies because of it.

I'm trying to maintain a standard of civility. It gets none of us anywhere to give each other a piece of our mind, and certainly attacking the person to try and preserve a point without first answering the point either at all or sufficiently is certainly not a legitimate way to debate.
I'll speak the truth, no matter what. If that means calling an idiot an idiot, so be it.

I don't think theres anything wrong with how I'm conducting myself, do you?
Yes. You're arguing against God's standard.

Motor races with more than one participant or a crowd. What I think really is the standard is the witting and adult consent of all the people involved to risk their lives, or in the case of children, a society of adults putting forth what situations the children can and cant consent to.
Read everything I said. There are plenty of precautions that can be taken that will ensure no one dies at a motor sports event. And people can engage in them for decades, and never die from them. Not so with homosexuality.:nono:

red77

I believe that no sin is worse than any other sin. Jesus calls hatred the same as murder and lust the same as adultery. I just don't understand at all why we can just see a homosexual, and then want them executed and condemned to hell, but then look at pre-marital sex or something, and be like, "oh, that's not good, but Jesus will forgive you." I think that we need to quit judging and condemning people when we do things that are just as bad as them. As Christians, we should love people and share the better way with them instead of pointing fingers and wanting them dead.

Quit judging and condemning as if superior is def the way to go :thumb:

red77

What are you talking about! God does not want to condemn anyone to Hell! I do not want them condemned to Hell! The fact is facing execution is just about the best shot an evil man has at facing his own wickedness and turning from his evil ways!

who exactly constitutes an 'evil' man Delmar? Wouldnt your argument have EVERYONE facing execution?

Kimberlyann

Turn or burn...

I would have thought a loving God would want people to come to him willing and out of love, not fear.

elohiym

who exactly constitutes an 'evil' man Delmar? Wouldnt your argument have EVERYONE facing execution?
Good question. As I have already pointed out, God considers people who hate their neighbor a murderer.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

icilian fenner

Actually, more lives would be lost if we executed people for such things, because none of them kills as many people as executing them would. Homosexuality works in the opposite.
I can see more people leaving motor racing than disengaging in homosexual activity. I can't see the sum total of the execution for racing being high compared to the deathtoll at all, year on year.

Less people die from the things you listed than would die from executions for such actions, before everyone stopped doing them, so as not to be executed. It is not so with homosexuality. Nearly everyone who engages in homosexual activity dies because of it.
Evidence.

I'll speak the truth, no matter what. If that means calling an idiot an idiot, so be it.
You're an arrogant, immature young man, with no sense of decorum and an overinflated sense of worth. See how far that (in my eyes, fair) assessment of you got us in the debate? Oh, nowhere...
oops.

Yes. You're arguing against God's standard.
Actually, right then I was arguing against 'If the government were to execute people for engaging in homosexual activity, less people would engage in it, for fear of execution, and more lives would be saved, because they would be saved from killing themselves.' being justification to criminalise or execute homosexuals.

Read everything I said. There are plenty of precautions that can be taken that will ensure no one dies at a motor sports event. And people can engage in them for decades, and never die from them. Not so with homosexuality.:nono:

Really? I've seen them live to a good age before now. and given the manner of their death, there is no reason that it isn't avoidable.

Oh, and to remind you of what you said earlier : "When it comes to something that endangers more than a single person who is involving themselves, and is always dangerous, no matter the "precautions" taken, yes, I do."

elohiym

Turn or burn...

I would have thought a loving God would want people to come to him willing and out of love, not fear.
Perhaps Jesus' words can shed light on what's going on...

Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Food for thought. :chew:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not every sin is a crime. We have covered that ground and frankly I am bored with it!

PlastikBuddha

There you go! I homosexuals would quit trying to justify their perversion we could just drop it!

If you would stop trying to demonize consenting adults we would. Believe it or not, some of us feel strongly that your persecution of others over whom they love is evil. They do not need justification- they may live as they choose.

icilian fenner

There you go! If homosexuals would quit trying to justify their perversion we could just drop it!

If Christians stopped insisting upon homosexuality being a perversion, then we could drop it.

Matter o' fact, I think in any situation where there are two sides of a debate, when one reconciles their beliefs with that of the other side, they can 'drop it'. :D

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turn or burn...

God does want people to come to Him willingly and out of love, that is the whole point of our creation. But He does not FORCE them to, that is the other point. Love is not forced, love comes willingly. Hell is a place prepared for those people who do not wish to be in His presence.

And BTW, "Burn" is not literal, it is figurative. Like burning in anger and guilt.

PlastikBuddha

God does want people to come to Him willingly and out of love, that is the whole point of our creation. But He does not FORCE them to, that is the other point. Love is not forced, love comes willingly. Hell is a place prepared for those people who do not wish to be in His presence.

And BTW, "Burn" is not literal, it is figurative. Like burning in anger and guilt.

Then why don't you extend the same courtesy to people that God does and leave them the heck alone! If God doesn't force people to conform to his sexual and religious ideals, why should you?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe that no sin is worse than any other sin. Jesus calls hatred the same as murder and lust the same as adultery.

John 19:11
Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.

Simple example:
Murdering someone is worse than stealing a pen from work.

red77

Not every sin is a crime. We have covered that ground and frankly I am bored with it!

I asked you what exactly is an 'evil' man? Not what constitutes a 'crime', your earlier post was that an 'evil' man is more likely to turn from his wicked ways if confronted with his death, so again - what is an 'evil' man?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why don't you extend the same courtesy to people that God does and leave them the heck alone! If God doesn't force people to conform to his sexual and religious ideals, why should you?

God wants us to conform to His ideal because He loves us and that is what is best for us. Example: Heterosexual sex between a married couple produces life. Homo sex produces disease and death.

And I can't force anyone to do anything, but that does that mean we should not have a justice system administered by the government.