Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

red77

That she could not be convicted without two wittinesses?

Oh you are kidding me? Do you think that Jesus wouldnt have gone on to convict another two people if they hadnt already been convicted by his words about who was without sin? Do you honestly think he would have let them stone her to death????!!
I'm amazed at how people want to squirm around this passage and make it all about the 'law' and the pharisees....:doh:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why would you think that Gentiles don't get all the Law but just part of it?

Jesus said "for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass." Matt 5:18

It's all or nothing. You can't just divide the Law and say "well this wasn't meant for us."

You absolutely need to do just that! Do you think you are commanded to circumcise your sons? Do you think thou shall not murder does not apply to you?

red77

Why did He say that? Tell the whole story.

Here we go, "he did it to avoid falling into the pharisees legal trap", what Jesus might also have just been capable of is convicting a self righteous mob of their own immorality into the bargain while saving a womans life from said bloodthirsty crowd.......

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh you are kidding me? Do you think that Jesus wouldnt have gone on to convict another two people if they hadnt already been convicted by his words about who was without sin? Do you honestly think he would have let them stone her to death????!!
I'm amazed at how people want to squirm around this passage and make it all about the 'law' and the pharisees....:doh:
It is all about the context of they story! They were looking to accuse Jesus of undermining the authority of the ruling government. Jesus outsmarted them! He wrote in the sand. The accusers went away. No wittinesses, no conviction, no stoning!

Memento Mori

You absolutely need to do just that! Do you think you are commanded to circumcise your sons? Do you think thou shall not murder does not apply to you?

Are you kidding me. I clearly provided a verse and you directly contradicted it.

No, God has taken my second master--the Law--away from me. The entire Law and Prophets have been fulfilled. There's no need for me to even attempt to observe the Law because I'll fail miserably and God knows it. That's why He gave His Son, to save me from the curse of Law.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are they considered worthy of death? :think:

But they are not considered punishable by human government. Are you ready to say that no crime should be punished by human government? Of coarse not! So the issue is, can we determine, from the Bible, which sins should be considered crimes? I say it is possible.

Kimberlyann

Shimei showed you an obvious example of how to tell the difference.

If the Bible clearly states that it is a crime for Jews not to be circumcised, but it is not even expected of Gentiles, clearly circumcision is symbolic law!

I get that, but I don't get how you tell which of the 23 capital crimes listed are symbolic and only apply to Israel.

zoo22

And yet many of the things on your list are not, and never should be considered criminal.

That's good. It'd be rough trying to gather up "The Few, The Proud, The Marines" to send off them to be executed. Plus we really need them right now. War and all.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you kidding me. I clearly provided a verse and you directly contradicted it.

No, God has taken my second master--the Law--away from me. The entire Law and Prophets have been fulfilled. There's no need for me to even attempt to observe the Law because I'll fail miserably and God knows it. That's why He gave His Son, to save me from the curse of Law.

So you are saying that murder is no longer a crime?

red77

It is all about the context of they story! They were looking to accuse Jesus of undermining the authority of the ruling government. Jesus outsmarted them! He wrote in the sand. The accusers went away. No wittinesses, no conviction, no stoning!

Yes, and WHY did they go away?? they were exposed for being hypocrites who were just as immoral as the woman they were going to self righteously stone to death!!!!!!!! Sure - Jesus outsmarted them - while at the same time exposing all of the above and saving a womans life!!!!

red77

But they are not considered punishable by human government. Are you ready to say that no crime should be punished by human government? Of coarse not! So the issue is, can we determine, from the Bible, which sins should be considered crimes? I say it is possible.

Well presently murder,rape,molestation and any kind of violent or sexual assault be it domestic or otherwise is considered a crime along with any type of abuse, that makes sense doesnt it? Maybe the reason why homosexuality isnt considered a crime to be punished by the government is because that is the way things are meant to be....

Memento Mori

So you are saying that murder is no longer a crime?

Not to God. But that's what the Government is for. You rely so much on God for a moral compass you forget that we can accomplish things on our own.

Now, are you saying you disagree with Jesus?

To restate the verse Matt 5:18for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I get that, but I don't get how you tell which of the 23 capital crimes listed are symbolic and only apply to Israel.
Well, we are going to have to take them one at a time and do a bit of study for that one. It is not something I can do in a few minutes. Perhaps in a few days.
Can I get you to save me a little bit of work. Would you be willing to go down the list and tell me which crimes you believe should obviously be crimes for all people all the time, and which ones are obviously not intended for everyone? Can we, for example, agree that the one that only applies to the daughters of priests, is not meant for all people?

Memento Mori

That is ridiculous! I am done with you!

Dude! I've laid out the pieces, yet you refuse to co-operate.

Has it not occurred to you that you could even possibly be wrong? No? Oh well, another steaming failure on my plate to try to help.

But whatever. Just know this, I believe you've been redeemed.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dude! I've laid out the pieces, yet you refuse to co-operate.

Has it not occurred to you that you could even possibly be wrong? No? Oh well, another steaming failure on my plate to try to help.

But whatever. Just know this, I believe you've been redeemed.

:rotfl:

What a loon.
Just trying to help...please. BTW, people like you come and go all the time.

Kimberlyann

Well, we are going to have to take them one at a time and do a bit of study for that one. It is not something I can do in a few minutes. Perhaps in a few days.
Can I get you to save me a little bit of work. Would you be willing to go down the list and tell me which crimes you believe should obviously be crimes for all people all the time, and which ones are obviously not intended for everyone? Can we, for example, agree that the one that only applies to the daughters of priests, is not meant for all people?

I don't need you to go through the whole list, I just want you to tell me what guideline you use to determine which of the laws are symbolic and which are not.