Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Just Tom

Infamous Plug said:
I guess "no" is the answer for nowadays. Mind you to have them marry or other rights they try so hard to get such as adoption. If they can't figure out why they cant have kids well nuff said. But mind you pedofiles , rapists,molesters, and such should be publicly hanged, to keep anyone else from even considering it.

The same reason goes for homos. If you don't and then you say well they have the right to be a 'gay'. You end up trying to regulate the behavior and you allow the evil which is in their mind to influence the society as a whole. :bang:

One Eyed Jack

Adam_Kratt said:
I think there is evidence that the Bible does support the death penalty for fornication look at Deut 22:13-21

The penalty for adultery is death. The penalty for fornication is marriage.

from Deuteronomy
22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Morpheus

One Eyed Jack said:
The penalty for adultery is death. The penalty for fornication is marriage.
Death would have been considered mercy killing.

(OUCH! Sorry.) Just kidding. I've been happily married for 34 years. (Is that better dear?)

steve5

abomination not only homosexual behavior as per OT

abomination not only homosexual behavior as per OT

Imrahil said:
So did God miss the obvious in Leviticus 18:22?

There are plenty of other things that are called an abomination such as overcharging a customer, idolatry, remarying a former wife, making your son or daughter pass through fire. Consulting familiars whatever that may mean today using a ouija board? Might as well put these people in the same category as homosexuals!

runebound

BANNED
Banned
no because it would violate this part of the constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Because if we make laws based on religion then we should set fire to or throw the U.S Constitution in the trash can.

Sozo

runebound said:
no because it would violate this part of the constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Because if we make laws based on religion then we should set fire to or throw the U.S Constitution in the trash can.

What are the laws in this land based on?

Sozo

Cliffracer RIP said:
What scares me is that 54 people on this forum actually voted for this.

What really should scare you is that you oppose the authority of God for evil behavior.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Sozo said:
What really should scare you is that you oppose the authority of God for evil behavior.
Well, when one considers that God appears to be content to leave enforcement of his authority to frail human beings, that isn't much of a threat...

Sozo

Gerald said:
Well, when one considers that God appears to be content to leave enforcement of his authority to frail human beings, that isn't much of a threat...
Especially if you are the one carrying them out.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Sozo said:
Especially if you are the one carrying them out.
Indeed. Even the mightiest warriors for God will fall if hit hard enough. The "whole armor of God" may stop "fiery darts" but it won't stop a bullet...

lovemeorhateme

For the sake of some of the newer members of TOL.. I thought it was time to revive a classic old thread.. so here is my post to bump it up.

:devil:

P8ntrDan

I think that since homosexuality is a forgivable sin, they should definitely be allowed a chance to change their ways. Or does God want one of use to perish?

lovemeorhateme

I think that since homosexuality is a forgivable sin, they should definitely be allowed a chance to change their ways. Or does God want one of use to perish?

If we apply Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to our theology of why homosexuality is wrong.. then how can we seperate the rule from the punishment prescribed in the same verses?

red77

If we apply Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 to our theology of why homosexuality is wrong.. then how can we seperate the rule from the punishment prescribed in the same verses?

By realising that we no longer live under mosaic laws and that society has progressed (for the most part) beyond condemnatory barbarism? :think: